• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition for PC launched to “very positive” reviews on STEAM

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

3rd best revenue generating title on Steam (behind CS2 and Dragon’s Dogma 2)

Looks like the initial reception is quite good. Congrats to Sony Playstation for a successful launch with this title on PC Steam!

Last edited:
i have seen a lot people being very impressed by the looks of this game. (thinking is the PC magic) but of course, we know is Decima, GG and Nixxies making this thing happen. Shawn´s plan can actually work.

willothedog

hope it does well, paving the way for PS5 first party day 1 release on PC

Star Wars Yes GIF by Disney+

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Just picked it up on Steam. Game runs incredible, it's a superb port. There needs to be some tweaks of the animation though (if possible?). When Aloy jumps and grabs hold of ladders, she'll clip through them a bit. Also some of the cut scenes, NPC's will flicker. Other than that, game is amazing.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Checking out the free games on Epic Game Store, I see Zero Dawn is on sale for $12.49, Forbidden West is $59.99.
Zero Dawn was either $12.49 or $12.99 during the last two big Steam sales. It'll probably be that cheap in the Summer sale, too.

DeaDPo0L84

I recently beat H:FW towards the end of last year, but haven't played the DLC. Gonna wait a bit and grab it to experience it in all its glory, especially ultrawide.

Holammer

3rd best revenue generating title on Steam (behind CS2 and Dragon’s Dogma 2)

Looks like the initial reception is quite good. Congrats to Sony Playstation for a successful launch with this title on PC Steam!
A silly bug where people playing with a DualSense connected wirelessly got their framerate capped at 20 seems to have brought down the early user score.
If Sony released that signed driver already, this wouldn't have happened.

RickSanchez

Gold Member
I completed the prologue yesterday before going to bed.

It is a very well polished port. I got unwavering 60 fps at 4k, max settings with DLSS set to quality. No stuttering, no lag, no bugs. Nixxes did a great job again.

I am aware that there is a bug that causes low FPS if you play with a Dualsense connected wirelessly. Weird. But once that's patched the reception should improve even more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom