• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy has nearly 500,000 concurrent players on Early Access at Steam alone

Ronin_7

700K as we speak... Let's see if it can climb to 800K.

PlayStation 5 Numbers must be as strong if not better.

YuLY

If this was 2077 or Elden I would say steam is biggest for sure, but yea, considering how many casual, even non-gamer people are attracted by this because of the Harry Potter IP, console must be biggest so PS5 makes sense having more.

Jaybe

Beast mode and still rising. I love Steam stats. Just the straight up metrics. Nothing obtuse like an Amazon hourly sales chart that fluctuates on stock availability. Nothing biased like a Wired editorial hit piece masquerading as a review. Hogwarts Legacy is an an absolute sales monster.

ujjieP2.jpg

zomboden

Banned

Its front and center on Playstation 5 too. I mean soon as you hover over the store HUGE and compelling advertisement for the game.

ClosBSAS

You were saying?

I do love it when cockiness falls flat
lol am sorry but you are still wrong..if you look at my replies, i always said it was never gonna beat elden ring or cyberpunk...now, it reached 700k, but thats about it man. it wont beat elden ring. i love it when i can always prove wrong cockyness as well...but my cock is bigger this time.

Freeman76

lol am sorry but you are still wrong..if you look at my replies, i always said it was never gonna beat elden ring or cyberpunk...now, it reached 700k, but thats about it man. it wont beat elden ring. i love it when i can always prove wrong cockyness as well...but my cock is bigger this time.

Cant even admit you were wrong when its there in black and white for everybody to see.

Pure class

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I like how the thread has turned into NASA ground control. Everyone with buzz cuts in collared shirts with pencils in their ears standing up at their computers sweating and chewing gum.

I could see this hitting 20 million. It's probably going to be more popular on console relative to Cyberpunk 2077 and Elden Ring.

Last edited:

ebevan91

I like how the thread has turned into NASA ground control. Everyone with buzz cuts in collared shirts with pencils in their ears standing up at their computers sweating and chewing gum.

WHY ARE THEY ALWAYS CHEWING GUM? I swear everytime I see the control room on TV or something everyone is chewing gum.

Edit: With their hands on their hips too.

Last edited:

ByWatterson

I could see this hitting 20 million. It's probably going to be more popular on console relative to Cyberpunk 2077 and Elden Ring.

Which means the only limiting factor is how many PS5s and Series consoles are out there.

But this has all the hallmarks of an evergreen game.

Last edited:

Kacho

781,787 right now. Maybe it can hit 800k later once people who work on the weekend come home?
I think weekend peaks happen around 3pm est? Which is about an hour and a half from now. It could go even higher on Sunday. We’ll see.

Still, ~800K is damn impressive for a single player game.

Denton

Looking at the most concurrent players list, it's kinda hilarious:

Except for Hogwarts Legacy, all games from 1st to 43rd place are multiplayer/sandbox games.

First two singleplayer storydriven games are in places 44 - 45 - and they are Skyrim and Witcher 3.

Then it is multiplayer games again, until places...62 - 63 - and those are Fallout 4 and Cyberpunk 2077 :D

Bethesda and CD Projekt, two most successful singleplayer studios on earth.

Last edited:
Looking at the most concurrent players list, it's kinda hilarious:

Except for Hogwarts Legacy, all games from 1st to 43rd place are multiplayer/sandbox games.

First two singleplayer storydriven games are in places 44 - 45 - and they are Skyrim and Witcher 3.

Then it is multiplayer games again, until places...62 - 63 - and those are Fallout 4 and Cyberpunk 2077 :D

Bethesda and CD Projekt, two most successful singleplayer studios on earth.
List looks like this for me:
89D3dnr.jpg

Edit: And it is still slowly going up. Now showing 785,582 concurrent...
Edit edit: and now at 786,086. Come on 800K.

Last edited:

TheHolyGhost

Neo Member
it stabilized just under 700k for today, Elden Ring's first day was just under 895,000 and then it shot up to 950,000+ after the hype exploded, Hogwarts might bump to 750k but another 250k players is so unlikely, everyone who really wanted to play it is already playing.

Still a monster launch however, I thought it'd get 250k max this is insane
never the fuck mind it's nearing 800k already!! that's crazy

yurinka

The results of this boycott reminds me of the CoD MW2 one:

6e0.jpg

List looks like this for me:
89D3dnr.jpg

Edit: And it is still slowly going up. Now showing 785,582 concurrent...
Edit edit: and now at 786,086. Come on 800K.
I never liked Harry Potter so I skipped this game and all the info I could about it. Is it a -at least mainly- single player game?

Because if it's the case, we're talking about the 3rd biggest Steam CCU peak for a SP game ever.

Last edited:
I never liked Harry Potter so I skipped this game and all the info I could about it. Is it a -at least mainly- single player game?

Because if it's the case, we're talking about the 3rd biggest Steam CCU peak for a SP game ever.
Yes it's only single player. I think this and Cyberpunk are the only strictly single player games in the top 10. Elden Ring is mostly but does have pvp. And I also don't like Harry Potter. The movies sucked and I never read the books. Still super excited for the game. I've only played an hour of it though so far. No time until tomorrow =(

And we're at 792,599. I've seen enough. Congrats to HL for ~800K concurrent users.
Edit: 796,690

Last edited:

Kacho

Well done to the game. It will forever be one of the big boys on the Steam charts.

And yeah, no way is 900k happening. The momentum has petered out.

cormack12

Gold Member
Tomorrow it will break 900k guys

This is incredible success
This is crazy!
Why are you so sure? Not saying it won't and I don't really track steam numbers but is Sunday usually a big day? I would have thought weekends would struggle for concurrency but get high volume.

Top Bottom