• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

High on Life’s dialogue is far more annoying than Forspoken

I can’t help but find it ironic how this dev went out of their way to mock that Forspoken trailer, and yet, i swear i was close to going mad listening to these talking weapons for even 3 minutes. How someone can play an entire games with these things just talking at you the entire time I have no clue.

Wouldn’t be surprised one bit if Forspoken reviews an entire 10ts higher than this game.

DonJorginho

Banned
Roiland, as much as I like him, is a bit of a one trick pony with his style of comedy and it shows.

Still excited for this game though, especially since I can try it out for free on Gamepass instead of shelling out £65 on Forsaken.

Last edited:
It's a nice gimmick and fairly original to have a self aware boss battle, but it's probably better in theory

Last edited:
Forespoken just remind me of your regular Disney movie that hardly offends anyone, I really don't get why people have it out for it. Finally we are getting an Amy Hennig game that actually ships, her previous work is fantastic.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Both annoying as fuck IMO. I’d probably like High on Life back when I was in 6th form.

Dragon Ball Z Cell GIF by MANGOTEETH

Roiland, as much as I like him, is a bit of a one trick pony with his style of comedy and it shows.

Still excited for this game though, especially since I can try it out for free on Gamepass instead of shelling out £65 on Forsaken.

He could do a Futurama R rated special

ManaByte

Difference is, in a cartoon you aren't beholden to re-use the same dialogue over and over

In a video game, there could be upwards of 10 minutes per boss fight where you're gonna have repetition

Rick & Morty humor is hilarious and I can't wait for this game.

Fbh

Yeah but it's also exactly what I expect from a cartoony game about talking weapons from the creator of Rick and Morty.

If that Forspoken video was some promo for an upcoming Marvel Disney + show people probably wouldn't have reacted to it either.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
This is sort of his whole thing. Trover Saves the Universe was a 7 hour game with over 20 hours of recorded dialog. Like any character you left on screen would just talk forever until you moved on.

I will say that game was very funny though, even if the mechanics weren't great so I am looking forward to High on Life.

Last edited:
Agreed. Its the kind of 'humor' that makes me want to delete said game from ssd. Rick and Morty at least was funny instead of 'we screaming words and profanity ya'll '.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
difference is i thought forespoken was gonna be good after the first reveal and everything since has made me cringe. this game never appealed to me.

Top Bottom