• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi Rush rated for PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One in Australia

Draugoth

Gold Member
Special Thanks to Ojocolo of Famiboards for spotting this listing

ZRMMWHN.png

https://www.classification.gov.au/titles/hi-fi-rush-0

https://www.classification.gov.au/titles/project-2022a

Under "Project 2022a", there is platform listings for various versions. "PC, Playstation 4 (PS4), Nintendo Switch, Online/mobile, Xbox One, Arcade"

It should be noted that this doesn't confirm that there are versions coming for these platforms soon, especially since Hi-Fi Rush is on PC, and Xbox Series X/S isn't listed in the main Hi-Fi RUSH listing or elsewhere. However, these listings were only spotted recently. This backs up Lolilolailo's comments on Resetera.

Last edited:

Solidus_T

No, but are they really contemplating porting it to arcade cabinets? This looks to me like a classification meant to target all possible platforms (other than PS5 lol) in order to cover their bases.
Perhaps. For a single player game like this, it seems weird that they would put it on a dedicated cabinet, since most of the new ones today are cell phone games.

kyoji

I predict we will be seeing alot of xbox centric account suicide threads over these next several weeks, 😅😆

Would be pretty funny if ps5 pro is formally revealed in just a couple hours tonite admist all the news today as well.

Last edited:

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I predict we will be seeing alot of xbox centric account suicide threads over these next several weeks, 😅😆

Would be pretty funny if ps5 pro is formally revealed in just a couple hours tonite admist all the news today as well.
All of those Xbox fanboy accounts that were gunho about the Activision Blizzard purchase didn't take into account that Microsoft just spent nearly 87 billion dollars in one go so of course they would be more pressured to make a profit and that means conceding on certain points including going more 3rd party.

All of those Xbox fanboy accounts that were gunho about the Activision Blizzard purchase didn't take into account that Microsoft just spent nearly 87 billion dollars in one go so of course they would be more pressured to make a profit and that means conceding on certain points including going more 3rd party.
I was about to ask why it would be ‘conceding’, then I saw your tag

Papa_Wisdom

I don't care which platform it comes on just make a physical already.
Yeah I’ll be gutted if PlayStation and switch get physical and Xbox is still left out. Still haven’t bought it on the chance they announce it. I waited for Psychonauts 2 so fingers crossed!

Hopefully if it sells well and a sequel gets green lit I see that as a win all round! I honestly don’t mind seeing Xbox games get ported to other platforms, maybe when I was 15 I would be a raging fanboy. I’m over double that now and have no allegiance to any gaming brand (Apart from 90s Sega)

But I do say this as someone who’s had every Xbox since pretty much launch day and my library is on Xbox. But I usually get a PlayStation at the end of the generation and pick up all the exclusives etc so I’m def more invested in the Xbox ecosystem.

The more people who buy decent games like this is good for us and good for the industry.

Last edited:

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I was about to ask why it would be ‘conceding’, then I saw your tag
I honestly can't remember what I was arguing about that got me that tag it's been over five years.

Hindsight is 20/20 but just imagine how much more Starfield would have sold had it not been forced to be an Xbox exclusive? But now the cat is out the bag and even if they were to port the game to PS4/ Switch there's no way they would sell them same amount had it been there since day one instead.

Last edited:

SenkiDala

I feel that Xbox as consoles are over. Now everybody will wonder / think "hey I will just wait for the PS version" or Switch version if it's not a too visually demanding game (and with the Switch 2 it will maybe not be a problem anymore).

Seriously MS, once again, just become a 3rd party devs... Mass market never wanted your consoles and they want it less and less... You might succeed as 3rd party publishers but that's all...

Aw man, Vigilante Joker and so many on ResetERA are gonna be PISSED! "It's just the Switch, you guys. Promise!!"

Welp....

Tho it's kinda funny there is no specific PS5 version. Then again, I don't think HiFi is the kind of game which would need that level of processing power, seeing how well it runs on things like the Steam Deck. I imagine PS5 and Switch 2 will just give some free perf boosts anyway.

This gives some validity to the recent Sea of Thieves port rumors, too. Heck, I'm guessing Pentiment could end up happening at some point as well. Wouldn't count on any of the "bigger" IP like Forza or Gears getting ports to other console until 2025 or later, though. Even so, the big test would be to see what happens with, say, Gears 6, or the next Forza Horizon. Or if Halo Infinite ends up getting ported to other consoles.

At that point it'd be quite clear what strategy is taking hold at MS for their gaming direction.

Same site has Redfall going to Wii U and 3DS. Nintenbros were eating good.

Well that game could definitely run on the Wii U without too many adjustments if you catch my drift...

I thought that there was a clause stating that every PS4 game should also have a Pro and PS5 version

Weird indeed

Don't think that clause exists because even some of Sony's PS4 games don't have specific Pro or PS5 versions (The Order 1886, The Tomorrow Children...likely a few others I don't know about).

Last edited:
Top Bottom