• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO Max and Discovery+ being merged into one app in May or June

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

On Wednesday, Warner Bros. Discovery executives will unveil plans for the new combined streaming service, bringing together classic HBO series like “The Sopranos” and “Succession” with Discovery series like “Dr. Pimple Popper” and “Fixer Upper.” The service will be called Max and debut in the next month or two, according to three people with knowledge of the decision.

The streaming service will cost roughly $16 a month

HBO Max was/is great. I really hope this doesn’t lead to a ton of shitty low budget reality content.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
One app - twice the cost?

Currently get Discovery + free through Sky in the UK (not me personally, just saying) wonder if this signals the end of that?

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Currently get Discovery + free through Sky in the UK (not me personally, just saying) wonder if this signals the end of that?

HBO Max also has a bunch of deals like that in the US. I wonder if this cleans their hands of all those deals.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It’s the days of streaming apps, wwe merged with peacock, ufc as well with espn.

Drew1440

HBO usually goes through Sky Atlantic (NOWtv for BT customers) in the UK, Discovery+ will probably stay the same for us.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Discovery is a shit show of reality tv.
I watch nature documentaries on Discover+ (Planet Earth and similar stuff is on there), stuff like Myth Busters, How It's Made.. I also watch a lot of "Food" shows like Chopped and Beat Bobby Flay... survival shows like Alone/Naked and Afraid... the occasional True Crime documentary... other general documentaries.. there's some cool stuff about cars and military vehicles..

I dunno, there's a lot of content on Discovery+. If you don't like documentary TV stuff then yeah, but it's not all "reality TV."

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I watch nature documentaries on Discover+ (Planet Earth and similar stuff is on there), stuff like Myth Busters, How It's Made.. I also watch a lot of "Food" shows like Chopped and Beat Bobby Flay... survival shows like Alone/Naked and Afraid... the occasional True Crime documentary... other general documentaries.. there's some cool stuff about cars and military vehicles..

I dunno, there's a lot of content on Discovery+. If you don't like documentary TV stuff then yeah, but it's not all "reality TV."

Aren't those like older stuff?

But ok, point taken. Even OmegaSupreme OmegaSupreme weird log fetish.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I like both services. I get HBO Max for free and I pay for discovery+. Wonder how it's all gonna shake out?

Top Bottom