• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO Max and Discovery+ will become one single brand next summer

Draugoth

Gold Member
From the Warner Bros Discovery webcast:

FZWHV2oWIAAG1r_

FZWHhQqXgAI-J0D

HBO Max and Discovery+ will become one single brand next summer
- combining tech ("best of both worlds")
- multiple ad tiers (free, lite, only)
- launch planned for summer 2023 in the US (fall 2023 for LatAm)

More details closer to launch

Last edited:

Jennings

As long as I can still get ad-free content for the same price I'm currently paying and there's still content I want to watch, then I don't mind. If either of these two things change then I will cancel.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Please build off the Discovery+ App and make it better, don't use the shit HBOMAX one, I hate it. Thanks.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Why merge these two services? Aren’t they serving different audiences? I don’t want to pay for unscripted reality shows.

HoodWinked

Probably be called like:

Warner Plus

and they can do the flipping logos where Plus changes to Discovery, HBO, DC, CNN, Cartoon Network, etc

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The HBO Max app is by far the worst out of all the streaming apps I use, so please use nothing from that.

I also wonder what's gonna happen with the super cheap price I'm paying for Max (they had a "50% off for life" promotion when HBO Nordic turned into HBO Max here in Sweden, so I'm paying like $5/month for it).

Lady Jane

Banned
The HBO Max app is by far the worst out of all the streaming apps I use, so please use nothing from that.

I also wonder what's gonna happen with the super cheap price I'm paying for Max (they had a "50% off for life" promotion when HBO Nordic turned into HBO Max here in Sweden, so I'm paying like $5/month for it).

It will likely be nulled since I'm betting that contract listed HBO Max specifically. Shoot, one of the reasons of the merger could be to void those deals.

Javthusiast

Banned
Release in UK please.
2025 at the earliest. Because despite knowing HBO Max was coming, WB made a deal with Sky in Germany and the UK for HBO and WB content.

Pretty pissed I have to regularly sub to Sky and use their shitty app to watch HBO shows etc. here in Germany. Some of HBO Maxs content also got released on Prime here, which I have. But not having a centralized HBO Max app here with all their stuff sucks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom