• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (PS3) coming to NA/EU in Aug (Retail/Digital, Demo Tues)

Stark

Banned

g6W9tOX.jpg

:D

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Locked in my preorder a couple days ago. Gotta go retail for this. I can't imagine it's going to be easy to find six months down the road.

I just realized, we get Hatsune Miku in English, on retail, and not Yakuza 5??

...I always hated you Hatsune Miku fans, with your shifty eyes and your blue hair.

Aytrial

...I always hated you Hatsune Miku fans, with your shifty eyes and your blue hair.

The thing is, the western market for Miku is unexplored territory for Sega. It could sell fine, amazingly or horrible. Depending on that, this could be our only game or we could get consistent localisation of future Miku games.

Yakuza has had several games to gain a foothold in the west, but from the few posts I've picked up on around here it didn't seem to do incredibly well. Probably well enough to make the endeavour worth it, but maybe Sega's decided to dedicate resources elsewhere to take a gamble with a possible better payout?

Astarte

Miku audience is huge, those concerts sold out instantly on American shores. If Yakuza is so worth localizing, where is its concert? Boom, roasted

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Miku audience is huge, those concerts sold out instantly on American shores. If Yakuza is so worth localizing, where is its concert? Boom, roasted
It's all good - both games are great in my opinion, and each series has a strong following, so no need to have the fanbases fighting each other. In the end, we're all fans of certain games and we just want to be able to enjoy them. :)

Zonic - Yes, I think that perhaps this can be arranged!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, PLEASE let this mean cross-buy & save options. I will be much more motivated to get it at launch if it means I can get both versions.

...wait, shouldn't it technically be "f" instead of "F", since that was how the Japanese versions did the naming?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
My wife and I attended Crypton Future Media's panel at AX this year, and I think a Project Diva game finally getting localized has a lot to do with English Miku releasing later this year. The panelist spent a lot of time discussing the things they'd like to do with her in the West, and I think it makes sense pushing for more exposure for her in the Western markets at this time. We'll be buying it for sure, day one.

Astarte

My wife and I attended Crypton Future Media's panel at AX this year, and I think a Project Diva game finally getting localized has a lot to do with English Miku releasing later this year. The panelist spent a lot of time discussing the things they'd like to do with her in the West, and I think it makes sense pushing for more exposure for her in the Western markets at this time. We'll be buying it for sure, day one.

Man, those Corolla commercials didn't work at all.

matmanx1

My pre-order is already in at Gamestop so it's nice to receive a little bit extra in the form of a bonus. After the demo I am very much looking forward to the PS3 version but it would also be nice to have the Vita version down the road someday.

usctrojan

My pre-order is already in at Gamestop so it's nice to receive a little bit extra in the form of a bonus. After the demo I am very much looking forward to the PS3 version but it would also be nice to have the Vita version down the road someday.

Talked to the producer this weekend at SF Jpop Summit and he said they are definitely listening for this request in consideration. Let's get that tweet machine rolling...

Blue-kun

Don't own a PS3 right now, so I'm definitely in the "would like a Vita release" camp myself. Though, to be fair, I'd prefer it on the Vita regardless, given how well this game lends itself to playing on short burtsts of time when commuting and what not.

Here's hoping the PS3 version does well though, so that SEGA might think about trying their luck with the Vita. That and, of course, so that we can get Diva F 2nd in the future.

chrono01

GameStop (US only) pre-order bonus announced:
Hatsune_bonusLG.jpg
Wow, US-only? Why, it's not as though it's a physical item. Surely it can't be that difficult to give us in Canada a few codes too.

I'm still purchasing it, but I am slightly saddened.

Edit - I'm almost tempted to cancel my EBGames.ca pre-order and import from Gamestop.com. If it were just the costume I could maybe say "no" [although it IS Snow Miku...], but I desperately need a new theme for my PS3, and that one would definitely be appreciated/used. :(

Snow miku has me intrested but its gamestop....

I wonder who will have snow miku in europe

Easy answer to that one: the PlayStation Network, since they're the only retailer carrying the game.

Price point plz, I'll probably buy it if it's £20 or less. I suspect they're going to stick a £30 price tag on it, however.

chrono01

Apparently Canada [at least, at EBGames] will be receiving the pre-order bonus as well!

http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/games/hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-with-exclusive-bonus/317144

Bonus!

More details

Pre-order Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F and receive 2 EB Exclusive Snow Miku 2013 Costumes and Custom PS3 Theme!

Sing your support for Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F by pre-ordering at EB Games, and you'll receive:

•Two Snow Miku 2013 Costumes
•Custom PS3 Hatsune Miku Theme with 10 unique backgrounds

These bonuses are exclusive to EB Games for a limited time, so you can be among the first to receive them by pre-ordering and pledging your support for the game!

Online Customers: Code will be emailed within 2 business days after your order ships.
Store / In-Store Customers: Code will be printed on your receipt at time of pickup.

This is great news. I won't have to order from the US after all! That saves me quite a bit of money. I hate those brokerage charges you get when ordering from Gamestop.com --> Canada. UPS... *grumble grumble*

Top Bottom