• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (PS3) coming to NA/EU in Aug (Retail/Digital, Demo Tues)

How do you fix the TV lag?
I've tried messing with the option but maybe I'm going about it the wrong way.

Passed the 1st & 3rd songs on normal at least.

Kusagari

I really have to get used to playing this on a big screen. Though I probably need to mess with the calibration as well.

Just feels off, best word I can come up with, compared to the Vita.

I really have to get used to playing this on a big screen. Though I probably need to mess with the calibration as well.

Just feels off, best word I can come up with, compared to the Vita.

Quoting myself from the last page:

On lag calibration, the first thing I always recommend is running analog audio out via the AV Multi-out port if you're not already. Just trusting yourself to HDMI audio is risky since many TVs and receivers actually lag the audio to match the lag being introduced to the video, making the game pretty much impossible to calibrate. Once you have an fully analog audio chain going, it's just trial and error finding what negative timing number works. If analog audio isn't an option and you're reasonably sure your audio is being lagged as well as your video, you have little choice but to go positive with the calibration, though the results aren't going to be pretty no matter what at that point.

If it helps, the calibration setting can be changed from the pause menu in-game.

Also, try sitting further from the screen, or consider a smaller screen.

I own the psp, vita and original Dreamy PS3 game.

Whilst the Dreamy version sucked a bit due to lag, (I had to learn to re-adjust my inputs), I have to say that the demo sucks ass big time - for lag,

I press the buttons on the joypad and it's like sometimes the inputs don't even register. It's so vague, that when I see a 3 chain of O's I hit O 3 times to the rhythm and it's down to chance as to whether they register as I input.

I note that there is a calibration option, but there is no guide as to whether I go + or - and also the difference in what number I choose.

I tried alternating between settings, but couldn't really feel any difference even though I chose some extreme + or - settings.

It's a bugger because I love the miku games, but as I can't get my groove I can't commit to buying the game.

chrono01

I have a Sony KDL40EX645, and tried playing the game on Normal difficulty with all of the post-processing features enabled. I failed...horribly.

I set the TV on Game Mode, tried again, and got "Excellent" my first try. So yeah, that was definitely the problem!

There is a lot going on while playing, though, it can be distracting at times. It's also a lot of fun. I can't wait for the full retail release.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I feel no lag or anything like. Demo plays solid and I'm really glad. I had a hard time with WED because I've never played PD on the big screen and the variety of colors made it difficult to tell what was happening and when I was supposed to click the buttons. =/

I own the psp, vita and original Dreamy PS3 game.

Whilst the Dreamy version sucked a bit due to lag, (I had to learn to re-adjust my inputs), I have to say that the demo sucks ass big time - for lag,

I press the buttons on the joypad and it's like sometimes the inputs don't even register. It's so vague, that when I see a 3 chain of O's I hit O 3 times to the rhythm and it's down to chance as to whether they register as I input.

I note that there is a calibration option, but there is no guide as to whether I go + or - and also the difference in what number I choose.

I tried alternating between settings, but couldn't really feel any difference even though I chose some extreme + or - settings.

It's a bugger because I love the miku games, but as I can't get my groove I can't commit to buying the game.

Read the post directly above yours.

Read the post directly above yours.

Cheers but I am stuck with HDMI audio, my TV size and my placement relative to the TV.

I could possibly rig up a audio out solution, but it depends on how bad I really want to play it.

In any event I shouldn't have to faff around with all this just to play a game properly.

The other choice is relearning input timings, but that's hassle too.

Downloaded the demo. I dig it, but I also suck royally at it. Not entirely sure if it's me or the input lag. I've been tinkering, but it would help if I knew exactly what the numbers meant when adjusting the lag setting.

Played the demo, didn't really know what to expect. I... kinda want to buy it. And I don't have the money for all these games that are coming out in the fall+next gen, let alone some Hatsune Miku game. I think I am going insane.

FF Theathrythm planted a dangerous seed indeed for rythm games.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Hi everyone,

Just want to say a very big THANK YOU to everyone who helped us make this game a reality. Everyone's support earlier in the year during the Facebook campaign really did make a huge difference.

There's a lot more to come as we approach the release in August, so we're glad to see so many people just as excited as some of us at SEGA are. :)

I'm also seeing a lot of comments about questions regarding the calibration system, which is good feedback. May see if we can do a little guide video at some point to help easily explain it, along with some tips and tricks for improving score.

androvsky

Hi everyone,

Just want to say a very big THANK YOU to everyone who helped us make this game a reality. Everyone's support earlier in the year during the Facebook campaign really did make a huge difference.

There's a lot more to come as we approach the release in August, so we're glad to see so many people just as excited as some of us at SEGA are. :)

I'm also seeing a lot of comments about questions regarding the calibration system, which is good feedback. May see if we can do a little guide video at some point to help easily explain it, along with some tips and tricks for improving score.
I have to admit the retail release was a nice surprise. Is it too late to hope for an LE? And yes, there definitely needs to be some better hints on calibration than what's in the manual.

Also, there's about a billion other questions regarding Sega and localizations that we all have... *ahem*

Meia

I have to admit the retail release was a nice surprise. Is it too late to hope for an LE? And yes, there definitely needs to be some better hints on calibration than what's in the manual.

Also, there's about a billion other questions regarding Sega and localizations that we all have... *ahem*

COUGH PSO2 COUGH.

Nuts to subtlety. :p

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Phantasy Star Online 2!
Yakuza 5!
Hatsune Miku Project Mirai 2!
Hero Bank!

Come on, SEGA!

Hi everyone,

What androvsky is trying to say is: "Yakuza 5 god dammit!" :)

No, I'm really happy about Hatsune Miku coming over, even if it's only digital for europe :'(

Still day one. And yes the calibration system is weird. Some guidance would be much apprciated.

cjkeats

Hi everyone,

Any reason I can't pre-order in canada? EB still don't have it listed and neither does Amazon.ca.
I really hope this isn't going to be digital only for us up here. Having to "import" from the US is ridiculous.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Any reason I can't pre-order in canada? EB still don't have it listed and neither does Amazon.ca.
I really hope this isn't going to be digital only for us up here. Having to "import" from the US is ridiculous.
I'll check in on that for you.

For the other replies: I know there are a million and a half questions regarding the localization of other SEGA titles... none of which I can really comment on, sorry. : p

Hi everyone,

Hi,

I think the biggest request I've seen that hasn't been addressed (that's still related to Project DIVA =p) is if there are any plans for the Vita version of the game. Of the two versions it's my preferred version, and it would definitely be a highlight of the system's collection were the game to come out here!

The other question on my mind is the way the demo handled the song lyrics; lyrics were only presented in romaji, with no option to view translated lyrics instead. Will this be the way the full version of the game is handled, or was the demo simply a work in progress in terms of localization?

(Also, can you kick whoever in the development team is responsible for the game only running at 30fps?)

In any case, thank you for bringing this game over and I hope this is just a sign of things to come!

chrono01

Hi everyone,

I would just like to take the time to thank those of you at SEGA not just for releasing this title in North America, but for releasing it at retail!

I prefer a boxed copy when I buy my games [generally], so when I heard Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F was getting a NA release, I was excited. I didn't expect a physical copy, I was happy enough just having the game. However, when I read that you guys were releasing a physical version in addition to the digital?

ip3r1E8b5JOqm.gif

Also, I do appreciate you checking into whether the game will be made available in Canada or not. As much as I'd rather not import the game from the US, I will gladly do-so it have a physical copy. At the very least, it's easier than importing directly from Japan [in addition to the titles/menu's/etc. being in English.]. ^_^

Danj

Hi everyone,

Little bit disappointed this is digital-only in Europe, will it be possible to preorder it on PSN?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Hi everyone,

Anything news regarding Limited or Collector edition for NA?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hi everyone,

See my avatar. That's what Miku looks like in Project Mirai.

I'd fancy those games in America too if Diva F does well. ;)

Wonko_C

Can we expect the physical version to be released in all of America? Or will it be an US/CA only thing? And any word on translated lyrics?

The game needs more exposure! There were a lot of trailers prior to the Japanese release, here we only have one small trailer and the cover art hasn't even been revealed, and the game is so close to release now.

antibolo

Banned
Hi everyone,

About half of the people on the Facebook campaign specifically asked for the Vita version. Any news about that? Are you still going to ignore them?

How much extra effort would it be to release the Vita version as well? If only in digital form? Answer: not much. It's the EXACT SAME GAME. There's no way it wouldn't be profitable.

As a Vita owner this is insulting. It's as if Sega was deliberately turning its back on us, just like it did with Valkyria Chronicles 3.

There's absolutely no excuse for doing this.

I will not buy the localized release of PDF until you support the Vita as well. And I encourage everyone else to do the same. By buying it, you are telling Sega that's it's OK to pull off this kind of bullshit.

frequency

I'll check in on that for you.

I would also be interested in the answer to this. I already have the PSV version but I really want to support you for localising. Please let me give you my money (I will not buy digital or import from USA).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For the other replies: I know there are a million and a half questions regarding the localization of other SEGA titles... none of which I can really comment on, sorry. : p
I'm sure these can't be answered, but might as well ask.

1.) If Project Diva F does well, will this mean other Miku games might get localized (such as the 3DS games?)

2.) What happened to the Vita version that was tested at E3 the previous year? It seems strange that the Vita version got translated, then it's confirmed to be just the PS3 version. Granted, I can assume the fanbase is more likely to have a PS3 than Vita at this point, but still. Perhaps the Vita version can come over as well if the PS3 version does good and there's enough demand?

In any case, despite not being a huge fan, it's great to see that you guys are willing to bring one of the games over after the fan requests since the PSP games. Hopefully it'll have been worth it bringing the game to the US.

Wonko_C

About half of the people on the Facebook campaign specifically asked for the Vita version. Any news about that? Are you still going to ignore them?

How much extra effort would it be to release the Vita version as well? If only in digital form? Answer: not much. It's the EXACT SAME GAME. There's no way it wouldn't be profitable.

As a Vita owner this is insulting. It's as if Sega was deliberately turning its back on us, just like it did with Valkyria Chronicles 3.

There's absolutely no excuse for doing this.

I will not buy the localized release of PDF until you support the Vita as well. And I encourage everyone else to do the same. By buying it, you are telling Sega that's it's OK to pull off this kind of bullshit.

If this game doesn't sell well Sega will stop localizing them. That's the more likely scenario.

On the other hand of course I'd love to see the Vita version localized. Small userbase means only the most hardcore bought the handheld, and they're way more receptive to quirky games like this one, I'd bet i'd even sell more than the PS3 version. (aren't some Vita indies actually outselling their PS3 counterparts?)

I think Sega would probably release the Vita version if sales of the PS3 one are good.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Awesome! Thanks for that. I'm hoping we don't get gypped up here like we did for Black Rock Shooter.
I assume the demo means we'll at least get it digitally.
No problem! Sounds like you (and our other fine Canadian members) might be seeing something pop up in the near future, so stay tuned. :)

And yes, it will also be available digitally on the PSN store at launch.

Lots of other questions here, so let's see what can be answered...

Danj said:
Little bit disappointed this is digital-only in Europe, will it be possible to preorder it on PSN?

Not to my knowledge, though I'm mostly familiar with the North American market. We have taken note of the feedback thus far regarding the EU digital-release (and the great reception for the NA box product).

Wario64 said:
I'm going to buy this game

Thanks for supporting Miku!

Wonko_C said:
Can we expect the physical version to be released in all of America? Or will it be an US/CA only thing?

Yes, it will be available nationwide. Though, as with most titles of this nature, copies may be hard to find depending on where you live. (Especially if you live far from a major city, as I did growing up.) Definitely recommend pre-ordering at a nearby store just to be sure you have a copy on day 1. In addition to that, pre-ordering really helps the success of the series, so it's win-win.

The game needs more exposure! There were a lot of trailers prior to the Japanese release, here we only have one small trailer and the cover art hasn't even been revealed

All in the works. :) Stay tuned for a lot more on the promotional front. Did you see the US PSN store placement the week of Demo launch?

The cover art has also been revealed - you can check it out at both Amazon and Gamestop.

Will respond to more comments soon!

cjkeats

No problem! Sounds like you (and our other fine Canadian members) might be seeing something pop up in the near future, so stay tuned. :)

And yes, it will also be available digitally on the PSN store at launch.

Thanks a million! Great news. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I check EB Games website every single day.

chrono01

Thank you!

I was getting worried refreshing EBGames.ca/Amazon.ca daily with no listing of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F.

It sounds as though I will not need to wait much longer! :)

If this game doesn't sell well Sega will stop localizing them. That's the more likely scenario.

On the other hand of course I'd love to see the Vita version localized. Small userbase means only the most hardcore bought the handheld, and they're way more receptive to quirky games like this one, I'd bet i'd even sell more than the PS3 version. (aren't some Vita indies actually outselling their PS3 counterparts?)

I think Sega would probably release the Vita version if sales of the PS3 one are good.

Even though I already own the Japanese Vita version, I would happily buy it a second time if it were to be localized.

Andrefpvs

Hi everyone,

Any chance of a retail release in Europe, even if limited? :/

Wonko_C

Yes, it will be available nationwide. Though, as with most titles of this nature, copies may be hard to find depending on where you live. (Especially if you live far from a major city, as I did growing up.) Definitely recommend pre-ordering at a nearby store just to be sure you have a copy on day 1. In addition to that, pre-ordering really helps the success of the series, so it's win-win.

Sorry, what I meant to ask is if this was going to be released outside of US/CA. Will it be released in Latin America too? I live in Mexico and luckily we've seen most (if not all) of SEGA's titles released here. (Can't say the same about Namco and their non-existent Tales of Graces f, which I had to import from the US.) It's not available for preorder here so I'm a little worried.

Top Bottom