• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (PS3) coming to NA/EU in Aug (Retail/Digital, Demo Tues)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Thanks for the info! Will probably get one to keep sealed now and pick up the Digital down the road then. :D

Retail's the way to go for this, for sure. Physical copies are gonna be hard as hell to find in six months or so, I'd bet. Preordered my copy at GS last month. So hype. :D

Man, I just keep playing Tengaku over and over on the demo. Finally managed to get an Excellent clear. I so can't wait for this game.

Retail's the way to go for this, for sure. Physical copies are gonna be hard as hell to find in six months or so, I'd bet. Preordered my copy at GS last month. So hype. :D

Man, I just keep playing Tengaku over and over on the demo. Finally managed to get an Excellent clear. I so can't wait for this game.

Yeah, I've had the Japanese Trial for ages. Still have more Idolm@ster 2 to finish xD

So that event with the final build of the game already happened, right? Do we know if anything has changed from the demo (i.e. whether lyrics are translations or romaji)?

antibolo

Banned
Come on Sega, just give us the Vita version. I already imported both versions but I'd gladly buy a North American Vita version as digital so I can permanently keep it on my memory card. I couldn't care less about the PS3 version being localized.

Why do you hate my money?

RMI

Banned
So that event with the final build of the game already happened, right? Do we know if anything has changed from the demo (i.e. whether lyrics are translations or romaji)?

translation would be okay, but romaji would be pretty pitiful. As long as they translate the menus and editor stuff the game will be totally fine.

Aytrial

Bummer...

I'll still buy the game regardless.

When I first got the game, I expected the same thing. In hindsight, it would've been a very expensive investment by Sega for what amounts to an "extra feature" and some songs wouldn't be that great when converted to another Vocaloid.

antibolo

Banned
Bummer...

I'll still buy the game regardless.

Keep in mind that most Vocaloid songs are heavily tweaked for that particular Vocaloid. They can't just mix and match them without significant effort. They also have different feature sets, so in many cases they can't even just do a lazy re-recording without altering the track.

Yuripaw

Banned
So I honestly wasn't even sure what this series was or who this character was besides the random pictures I've seen online...but I played the demo on my PS3 finally, and man I'm sold! ^_^ Great catchy music, and it really reminds of something along the lines of a Parappa the Rapper type game. Already preordered...looks like my list of games this month just got bigger again, lol.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Has it been annouced yet if this will have a separate trophy list?
Not yet, but I can reveal that now:

There will be separate trophies for the Western release. :)

So yes, if you already have the Japanese trophies, you can get an additional set when you play through the Western version.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Forgive the double-post, but a shiny new trailer has arrived:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiHmNE_t-o8

Thank you to everyone who has been pre-ordering to support the game - there have been a lot of you!

Just to note, if the pre-orders continue at this pace, it's possible that Gamestop may run out of quantities (of the bonus) by launch. Be sure to get yours in soon if you're on the fence, or forever hold your leeks!

Thanks again everyone. Less than two weeks to go!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Not yet, but I can reveal that now:

There will be separate trophies for the Western release. :)

So yes, if you already have the Japanese trophies, you can get an additional set when you play through the Western version.

You've just made me buy my third copy of this game.

Thank you.

chrono01

Thank you to everyone who has been pre-ordering to support the game - there have been a lot of you!

Just to note, if the pre-orders continue at this pace, it's possible that Gamestop may run out of quantities by launch. Be sure to get yours in soon if you're on the fence, or forever hold your leeks!

Thanks for the post, I actually just finished watching that trailer myself. Great stuff!

I'm relieved to hear that sales are, seemingly, going well for you guys. Hatsune Miku [and SEGA] deserve it! Hopefully this encourages future Hatsune Miku games to be released in US/Canada. >:)

baekshi

Banned

Just to note, if the pre-orders continue at this pace, it's possible that Gamestop may run out of quantities (of the bonus) by launch. Be sure to get yours in soon if you're on the fence, or forever hold your leeks!

Will this pre-order bonus be on the PSN store?

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
You've just made me buy my third copy of this game.

Thank you.
Thank you for supporting it... a third time. :)

Thanks for the post, I actually just finished watching that trailer myself. Great stuff!

I'm relieved to hear that sales are, seemingly, going well for you guys. Hatsune Miku [and SEGA] deserve it! Hopefully this encourages future Hatsune Miku games to be released in US/Canada. >:)
We're off to a good start, but we still have a ways to go to knock this out of the park. Everyone's support is amazingly helpful, so thank you for that.

What the--almost sold out of physical copies???

I don't even want this game and now I kinda of want it. :p

You'll still be able to download the game on PSN, but yes, we may run out of Pre-Order bonuses, if current pre-orders continue at this rate. Physical copies should be available at launch, but might become relatively rare following that. (As with many Japanese games like this.)

Any word on a Vita version yet? I would prefer to buy that over the PS3.

We're fully focused on the launch of the PS3 version this month, but as I mentioned in the announcement blog a couple months back, we are reading and taking note of all the comments.

Will this pre-order bonus be on the PSN store?

It's Gamestop exclusive - here's the link with details.

I can't wait to purchase this. My favorite song
"Black Rock Shooter"
is on here. If a Vita version is ever released here in the US, I'll definitely buy that too. This game is just calling for my Vita to be played on it as well.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
It will not be available as a DLC on PSN store even at a later date?
We're committed to making sure everyone can enjoy the DLC at a later date. (Gamestop pre-orders will get it free, and first, for an exclusive window of time.)

In addition, we're doing our best to release as much of the DLC from Japan as possible here in the west. (Snow Miku 2013 is one example of this.)

cj_iwakura

We're committed to making sure everyone can enjoy the DLC at a later date. (Gamestop pre-orders will get it free, and first, for an exclusive window of time.)

In addition, we're doing our best to release as much of the DLC from Japan as possible here in the west. (Snow Miku 2013 is one example of this.)

Any chance of translated subtitles for the songs?

Oh so the pre-order DLC will be available at a later date.

Awesome!

Digital only for EU.

This really upsets me as a European consumer. A common trend for a lot of niche titles. I don't mind importing titles so much but it does deter my purchasing decisions a little.

It also doesn't help the Vita very much when a consumer visits a game store and only sees months old titles on the shelves when in fact plenty of great games were released on PSN like Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori, Earth Defence Force, Persona 4 and now Hatsune Miku :/

Bombless

I also am dissapointed not to have a EU disc release. I will however get it at release off PSN in order to support Sega's move. Hopefully the sales will show there is interest for this in Europe as well.

androvsky

This really upsets me as a European consumer. A common trend for a lot of niche titles. I don't mind importing titles so much but it does deter my purchasing decisions a little.

It also doesn't help the Vita very much when a consumer visits a game store and only sees months old titles on the shelves when in fact plenty of great games were released on PSN like Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori, Earth Defence Force, Persona 4 and now Hatsune Miku :/
What Vita version? All we're getting is the PS3 last I heard. :(

baekshi

Banned
What Vita version? All we're getting is the PS3 last I heard. :(
Yeah, no vita version

Namco will pull the same shit with One Piece(also saint seiya ) on us with Digital only and so will Square Enix with FFX on vita if they are even doing that in first place. Whatever though, I can always play the Japanese version.

cj_iwakura

Need some help? I'm not great at making things pretty but keeping things exhaustively up to date is my specialty.

I already have the banners, thanks to Red_taiyaki, just need to put it all together.

e5wPZbk.png

cj_iwakura

Looks nice. Let me know if you want some help pulling info together. I've apparently been at it for almost two years now in the series news thread. Save the first reply for me for news updates maybe?

Wouldn't object. I've never played the game outside the demo, I'm just there for day one. I can send the banners I have if you want to add any input/content.

Top Bottom