• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has Phil Spencer lost his Mind(share) with the Faithful?

Will Phil still be the head of Xbox on Jan 1, 2024?

• Total voters
Ask this question if the deal goes through or not.

They are clearly setting up Sarah Bond to be his replacement...if she wants it.

Phil looks like he could be done with the whole thing, but if the deal goes through he could get a second wind.

Who knows...
Phill track record is solid in MS. He is beloved in MS, Satya likes him alot and gave him multiple promotions, and he also liked by majority of Xbox fans.

Gaf always hated phill since dayone. So its pointless what biased fanboys say about phil. Lol..

And, yes when he retires, Sarah bond will take over and majority of Gaf people also dont like her lol.

Methos#1975

Ya He fraud coz he wants to compete by keeping some exclusive.

Only Sony has birth right to keep exclusive lol
He isn't trying to keep exclusives. He is trying to rob everyone else of games and series that have traditionally been multiplatform by buying large publishers and locking games away from the competition, in most cases from those games and series largest fanbase. MS has plenty of actual exclusives such as Banjo, Project Gotham racing, Lost Odyseey, Rallisport, Crimson Skies, Wizards and Warriors, etc that Phil does absolutely shit with. He isn't actually interested in producing actual exclusives, this is a ploy to force gamers into his ecosystem by stealing their favorites series and locking them into it so they have to go into it to continue to play them.

Main anger of Sony fanboys (who pretend be neutral) against Phill is that he made all Bethesda games exclusive and did a 180 on his case by case policies for future games.

So, what? He must have did discussion internally and after discussion, he decided to change his policy. In big corporation internal decisions are not set in stone all the time, policies can change based on different circumstances. They decided to boost their ecosystem by keeping their first party games made by their own and acquired studios exclusive.

Is this legal? Every corporation does what best for business.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Phill track record is solid in MS. He is beloved in MS, Satya likes him alot and gave him multiple promotions, and he also liked by majority of Xbox fans.

Gaf always hated phill since dayone. So its pointless what biased fanboys say about phil. Lol..

And, yes when he retires, Sarah bond will take over and majority of Gaf people also dont like her lol.
It’s clear she will take over, and I guess the difference is that she will have a lot more controlled communication.

Phil has a tendency to talk a bit too much and to do long form interviews where he will usually mess up. I don’t think Bond will go all « pre-recorded video message » like Jim Ryan but she’ll be more careful and talk less.

Obviously people will still hate her but there’ll be less ammo to use.

He isn't trying to keep exclusives. He is trying to rob everyone else of games and series that have traditionally been multiplatform by buying large publishers and locking games away from the competition, in most cases from those games and series largest fanbase. MS has plenty of actual exclusives such as Banjo, Project Gotham racing, Lost Odyseey, Rallisport, Crimson Skies, Wizards and Warriors, etc that Phil does absolutely shit with. He isn't actually interested in producing actual exclusives, this is a ploy to force gamers into his ecosystem by stealing their favorites series and locking them into it so they have to go into it to continue to play them.
What about Sony robbing PC and xbox gamers from FF games, game they don't even own.Same goes for Spider-Man. Sony acquired many multiple independent devs and 3rd party ips and made those games exclusives which they've full right to do so. They cant buy publishers coz they cant afford to so. If they could i bet your ass they would've not hesitated to buy Activision.

Also, You do realise Activision wants to get bought, shareholders are fine with MS buying Activision. Its not a Hostile take over?. If im owner of a company and want to sell my company then who are you to tell me right or wrong? Activision games like CoD will remain on all competing platforms confirmed by Satya ceo under oath infront of Judge. So you still getting same game on your PS. if he changesdecision, he will goto jail.

Only thing you will not get are Bethesda games on PS, but you still have option to play on PC or Cloud. Now tell me what xbox gamer or pc gamer should do if he wants to play FF 16?

It’s clear she will take over, and I guess the difference is that she will have a lot more controlled communication.

Phil has a tendency to talk a bit too much and to do long form interviews where he will usually mess up. I don’t think Bond will go all « pre-recorded video message » like Jim Ryan but she’ll be more careful and talk less.

Obviously people will still hate her but there’ll be less ammo to use.
All this ammo is made up. They will hate her coz she works for xbox. Period.She ruthless too. She will not stop buying publishers or devs. That's how big corporation like Disney and MS rolls. Its business and everyone does it. Iam sure Phill discusses all policies with her as well.

And Xbox fans would've cried if Sony would have acquired Activision. But since that's not the case, Sony fanboys are crcrying lol

Fabieter

All this ammo is made up. They will hate her coz she works for xbox. Period.She ruthless too. She will not stop buying publishers or devs. That's how big corporation like Disney and MS rolls. Its business and everyone does it. Iam sure Phill discusses all policies with her as well.

And Xbox fans would've cried if Sony would have acquired Activision. But since that's not the case, Sony fanboys are crcrying lol

What's wrong with people liking consolidation soo much and excuse it as normal. Ofc companies can try but having hard laws against companies to push to far is super important. Hopefull it gets denied and we won't have another publisher bought by anyone should be the only answer.

Methos#1975

Jesus. One Sony didn't rob anyone of Spiderman. They liscensed the character and based on what we now know, it's probable that MS was also offered the Spiderman liscense but turned it down. But there is absolutely nothing stopping any other developer out there from also licensing Spiderman and making their own Spiderman game. We all know the reason MS doesn't do so is because their game would be compared to the Sony game and it's not likely to do well for MS.

As to FF16, once again we know MS was also approached by SE and they made a janky offer that SE turned down while Sony made a better one. But that is irrevelant since MS could easily of had a real competitor for FF16 being developed in Lost Odyseey 2, but Phil being Phil sits on their actual exclusives. Too easy to be continuously imcompetant and lazy in producing your own exclusives by just buying everyone else's games.

What's wrong with people liking consolidation soo much and excuse it as normal. Ofc companies can try but having hard laws against companies to push to far is super important. Hopefull it gets denied and we won't have another publisher bought by anyone should be the only answer.
Stop it with consolidation nonsense.

There's no fear consolidation with ABK deal.

There are stil plenty of 3rd party devs making quality AAA games plus how many games ABK is releasing normally?

Let me see COD, 1 or 2 Blizzard games every 4 to 5 years and candy crush? So this will lead to consolidation?

ABK deal will not lead to any consolidation-

I will post following reasons -

1 - Improves Gamepass value significantly. So more games for more people at cheap price. You will benefit from it as consumer and you can't deny it.

2 - ABK games under Activision only available on limited platform for 70 to 100$. Diablo 4 and many ABK games are not even on Steam and many other popular platforms. MS wil bring all those games to Steam, Nintendo and different cloud services. So more players will play Activision games under MS. Phill said it under Oath. There were no similar promises or legal agreements for Bethesda games.

3 - Gives players options. You can buy for 70$ or try it through Gamepass. Play on your pc or phone or console natively. How this is bad or leads to consolidation.?

4 - More competition in mobile gaming market. Google and Apple control mobile market. MS can enter into that market thanks to King. How this leads to consolidation?

5 - Xbox position gets stronger in console market which will force Sony to compete harder which will result in better deals and quality games for gamers at affordable prices. Competition is good?

6 - Activision employees wanted to unionised. MS openly supported it. So under MS, ABK workers can unioniose and will get much better and less toxic working condition compared to what they were getting under Bobby Kotick? This is good, right?

7 - Activision is sitting on many IPs which went dormant. MS talked about reviving those IPs and add to gamepass. Again good for gamers?

8 - Many devs are forced to work on CoD. Those devs might get opportunity to work new projects rather than working on CoD factory.

9 - End of Annualised CoD games. If i remember correctly, Phill said they might move away from Annualised COD games. I see it as good thing imo

And finally dont forget Activision wants to get bought, this not some Hostile take over. If not MS, someone else would have bought Activision IPs or some assets of the company.

Activision management wants to sell the company and their shareholders and all agreed to acquisition. No one opposing the deal except Sony, FTC and CMA. Over 50 countries approved the deal including EU. Most regulators publicily said we don't think this will let to consolidation. So how come you came to this conclusion this will lead to consolidation?

You know whats good example of consolidation? Disney. They acquired Marvel,fox, star wars and many other popular media houses and they release content exclusively to their subscription service afaik. MS not gonna do it incase of ABK, its pretty clear now thanks to court case. There is no good evidence out there which proves this leads to consolidation.

Jesus. One Sony didn't rob anyone of Spiderman. They liscensed the character and based on what we now know, it's probable that MS was also offered the Spiderman liscense but turned it down. But there is absolutely nothing stopping any other developer out there from also licensing Spiderman and making their own Spiderman game. We all know the reason MS doesn't do so is because their game would be compared to the Sony game and it's not likely to do well for MS.

As to FF16, once again we know MS was also approached by SE and they made a janky offer that SE turned down while Sony made a better one. But that is irrevelant since MS could easily of had a real competitor for FF16 being developed in Lost Odyseey 2, but Phil being Phil sits on their actual exclusives. Too easy to be continuously imcompetant and lazy in producing your own exclusives by just buying everyone else's games.
There is no janky offer stop it. FF 7 was supposed to release on Xbox after 2 years exclusivity period was over, now its not coming. FF 16 was a multiplatform game according to MS in court hearing. Sony made it exclusive, they can easily influence SE as they have 20% share in company.

Oh MS is free to Spiderman? You sure Sony dont own license to make Spiderman video games exclusively. Go do some research and come back to me. And now im gonna apply your logic to back you. There's nothing stopping Sony to make Elder Scrolls or Starfield type RPG or CoD style games. They have organically grown talent, right? They should try make Starfield type game and compete.

I cant wait till Sony acquires SE. I will have receipts ready for everyone

Last edited:

Fabieter

There is no janky offer stop it. FF 7 was supposed to release on Xbox after 2 years exclusivity period was over, now its not coming. FF 16 was a multiplatform game according to MS in court hearing. Sony made it exclusive, they can easily influence SE as they have 20% share in company.

Oh MS is free to Spiderman? You sure Sony dont own license to make Spiderman video games exclusively. Go do some research and come back to me. And now im gonna apply your logic to back you. There's nothing stopping Sony to make Elder Scrolls or Starfield type RPG or CoD style games. They have organically grown talent, right? They should try make Starfield type game and compete.

I cant wait till Sony acquires SE. I will have receipts ready for everyone

Sony dont have the sqaure enix share anymore for many years now.

Oof @ you trying to spin this "no consolidation". More than half your points are misleading at best.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Main anger of Sony fanboys (who pretend be neutral) against Phill is that he made all Bethesda games exclusive and did a 180 on his case by case policies for future games.

So, what? He must have did discussion internally and after discussion, he decided to change his policy. In big corporation internal decisions are not set in stone all the time, policies can change based on different circumstances. They decided to boost their ecosystem by keeping their first party games made by their own and acquired studios exclusive.

Is this legal? Every corporation does what best for business.

People on this forum defended Phil Spencer for months after we called him out for his BS statements. People didn't like it when we called Phil Spencer a liar.

Now that we have undeniable evidence, people are saying, "So what?"

This just proves that many hardcore fans defending Phil don't care about facts, they're just going to defend him no matter what and they'll change the narrative at the drop of a hat to do it.

Fabieter

Stop it with consolidation nonsense.

There's no fear consolidation with ABK deal.

There are stil plenty of 3rd party devs making quality AAA games plus how many games ABK is releasing normally?

Let me see COD, 1 or 2 Blizzard games every 4 to 5 years and candy crush? So this will lead to consolidation?

ABK deal will not lead to any consolidation-

I will post following reasons -

1 - Improves Gamepass value significantly. So more games for more people at cheap price. You will benefit from it as consumer and you can't deny it.
Ofc but it will undeniable butcher the budgets longterm. All the people thinking current budgets are sustainable with a sub are insane.
2 - ABK games under Activision only available on limited platform for 70 to 100$. Diablo 4 and many ABK games are not even on Steam and many other popular platforms. MS wil bring all those games to Steam, Nintendo and different cloud services. So more players will play Activision games under MS. Phill said it under Oath. There were no similar promises or legal agreements for Bethesda games.
Bobby kotick said he regrets not bringing cod to switch and he's absolutely interested to make games available to cloud without ms. I give you the steam part tho. But I don't trust ms enough to support steam forever.
3 - Gives players options. You can buy for 70$ or try it through Gamepass. Play on your pc or phone or console natively. How this is bad or leads to consolidation.?
What does this has to do with consolidation?

4 - More competition in mobile gaming market. Google and Apple control mobile market. MS can enter into that market thanks to King. How this leads to consolidation?

I give you this party but its just assuming things because we dont even know what they planned.

5 - Xbox position gets stronger in console market which will force Sony to compete harder which will result in better deals and quality games for gamers at affordable prices. Competition is good?

They need to buy two publishers to force sony hand to be more competitive? Sony cant afford the loss leading strategy with gamepass and will be eventually forced out.

6 - Activision employees wanted to unionised. MS openly supported it. So under MS, ABK workers can unioniose and will get much better and less toxic working condition compared to what they were getting under Bobby Kotick? This is good, right?

Counter argument with bobby. If the buyout don't get through. He won't get the golden goose. This is good right. Taking responsibility for all the shit he does.

7 - Activision is sitting on many IPs which went dormant. MS talked about reviving those IPs and add to gamepass. Again good for gamers?
a little bit of wishful thinking but if they do great.
8 - Many devs are forced to work on CoD. Those devs might get opportunity to work new projects rather than working on CoD factory.
You think they buy a publisher for 69 to let them work on dead ips? Sweet summer child.
9 - End of Annualised CoD games. If i remember correctly, Phill said they might move away from Annualised COD games. I see it as good thing imo
Maybe, maybe not it's what the deal make worth almost 70b.
And finally dont forget Activision wants to get bought, this not some Hostile take over. If not MS, someone else would have bought Activision IPs or some assets of the company.
Again the reason for why they want to get bought should be taken as a reason to denie this acquisition. Bobby and alot of suits at avb should take responsibility for all the crap they did. Ms is the way out for them.
Activision management wants to sell the company and their shareholders and all agreed to acquisition. No one opposing the deal except Sony, FTC and CMA. Over 50 countries approved the deal including EU. Most regulators publicily said we don't think this will let to consolidation. So how come you came to this conclusion this will lead to consolidation?
Yea that doesn't mean it isn't. Anti trust bodies always missed the mark in the past.
You know whats good example of consolidation? Disney. They acquired Marvel,fox, star wars and many other popular media houses and they release content exclusively to their subscription service afaik. MS not gonna do it incase of ABK, its pretty clear now thanks to court case. There is no good evidence out there which proves this leads to consolidation.

Agreed with disney, will be the same with ms in a few years tho.

Hudo

"faithful"? What? Is Microsoft a religion now? You guys seriously need to think about why some of you have such a boner for a corporation that doesn't even know you exist (Unless you're a shareholder, in which case: carry on).

Edit: That goes for all corporations, not only Microsoft.

Last edited:

Elog

The Venn diagram between people not understanding exclusivity deals before a product exists (i.e. funding the development and taking development risk), people criticizing Sony for doing exactly that and people cheering on MS for buying out existing products to take them off competing platforms is a perfect circle.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
Ew... this thread...

Phil will be fine. When he leaves, we will never know whether it was because he was forced out or chose to step down. It must be a brutal job, no-one would blame him for exiting at any point. In the meantime, he is doing exactly (well... attempting to anyway) what his company wants. Even if he is forced out, through, it won't happen by Jan 2024 - they'll want him to see through the Activision deal if it goes through, and see through whatever else they're cooking up in their boardroom if it doesn't.

Short term, Sony will be fine if the acquisition goes through. If it does go through, the consequences won't be truly felt for another decade, when CoD is on PC, Playstation, Xbox, and what MS desperately hope will be a fully-functional, widely-accepted cloud service (i.e. xCloud) that Sony cannot match.

Ofc but it will undeniable butcher the budgets longterm. All the people thinking current budgets are sustainable with a sub are insane.

Bobby kotick said he regrets not bringing cod to switch and he's absolutely interested to make games available to cloud without ms. I give you the steam part tho. But I don't trust ms enough to support steam forever.

What does this has to do with consolidation?

I give you this party but its just assuming things because we dont even know what they planned.

They need to buy two publishers to force sony hand to be more competitive? Sony cant afford the loss leading strategy with gamepass and will be eventually forced out.

Counter argument with bobby. If the buyout don't get through. He won't get the golden goose. This is good right. Taking responsibility for all the shit he does.

a little bit of wishful thinking but if they do great.

You think they buy a publisher for 69 to let them work on dead ips? Sweet summer child.

Maybe, maybe not it's what the deal make worth almost 70b.

Again the reason for why they want to get bought should be taken as a reason to denie this acquisition. Bobby and alot of suits at avb should take responsibility for all the crap they did. Ms is the way out for them.

Yea that doesn't mean it isn't. Anti trust bodies always missed the mark in the past.

Agreed with disney, will be the same with ms in a few years tho.S

MS supporting steam before Bethesda acquisition. Steam makes them more money xbox now.

Lot of maybe and what ifs in your post. You acting like FTC lawyer with no substantial.

50 countries approved the deal including EU. They all stupid only FTC cares about consumers lol

mansoor1980

Gold Member
aLLbXgU.jpg
18230-Xboxar.com.gif

Fabieter

MS supporting steam before Bethesda acquisition. Steam makes them more money xbox now.

Lot of maybe and what ifs in your post. You acting like FTC lawyer with no substantial.

50 countries approved the deal including EU. They all stupid only FTC cares about consumers lol
Yea maybe or maybe some of us know the history of ms and know all those promises(maybes) from Microsoft actually mean jackshit you know.

If regulators would actually done their job in the 90s with ms than they wouldn't have ever become so big as they are now. If they pass deals like this than every government should just close any regulator bodies.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Jesus fucking Christ, 85% of what you people post on this section is platform warring at this point.
Yeah it’s absurd.

Idea:
There couid be a separate forum category where market share, acquisitions, sales, platform differences, exclusivity deals etc can be talked about. Just call it Platform War and allow everything, no bans.
That would remove most warriors from the Gaming category which could be highly focused on gaming with no warring allowed. Whenever there is something that could be seen as warring, don’t ban, just move the post into a General Platform Warring OT in the Platform War category, the culprits can keep on fighting there.
Perfection.

People on this forum defended Phil Spencer for months after we called him out for his BS statements. People didn't like it when we called Phil Spencer a liar.

Now that we have undeniable evidence, people are saying, "So what?"

This just proves that many hardcore fans defending Phil don't care about facts, they're just going to defend him no matter what and they'll change the narrative at the drop of a hat to do it

So first Phill said, we will honor all deals and agreement with Sony, which he did.

He said games with existing community on PS will be supported forever which he also did. Example F076 and ESO.

For rest of the stuff, he said case by case basis. No clear cut answer. Very non commited response for new unannounced games which was clear indicator he planned to keep them exclusives. So internally after discussion with his team, he decided going forward all unannounced tittles with no legal commitments or nor existing communities, will remain exclusive to push Gamepass growth.

This decision of Phill is pissing Sony fanboys off as they will not get any titles from MS first party studios anymore. Talk about entitlement of these imbeciles PS fanboys on Internet. They cheer every money hatt exclusives from Sony but MS now fighting back, they shakened and scared that Sony will fall behind and drop to 3rd place soon. They dont care about consolidation or anything, they just want Sony to dominate and Xbox to fail. MS will compete their own way, Not the way Sony fanboys wants them to compete

And i always knew Phill is not super nice guy who wants everyone to play anywhere they want. That's all PR stuff that most executives say when they work for billionaire dollars corporation. He is dedicated employee of MS whose job is to push MS growth and look after Xbox community not PS. There's nothing wrong in it. Its not a crime.

Last edited:

Fabieter

So first Phill said, we will honor all deals and agreement with Sony, which he did.

He said games with existing community on PS will be supported forever which he also did. Example F076 and ESO.

For rest of the stuff, he said case by case basis. No clear cut answer. Very non commited response for new unannounced games which was clear indicator he planned to keep them exclusives. So internally after discussion with his team, he decided going forward all unannounced tittles with no legal commitments or nor existing communities, will remain exclusive to push Gamepass growth.
He did go back to disney to change the legal binding contract about indiana Jones so they didn't honor everything like he said.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

This decision of Phill is pissing Sony fanboys off as they will not get any titles from MS first party studios anymore. Talk about entitlement of these imbeciles PS fanboys on Internet. They cheer every money hatt exclusives from Sony but MS now fighting back, they shakened and scared that Sony will fall behind and drop to 3rd place soon. They dont care about consolidation or anything, they just want Sony to dominate and Xbox to fail. MS will compete their own way, Not the way Sony fanboys wants them to compete

And i always knew Phill is not super nice guy who wants everyone to play anywhere they want. That's all PR stuff that most executives say when they work for billionaire dollars corporation. He is dedicated employee of MS whose job is to push MS growth and look after Xbox community not PS. There's nothing wrong in it. Its not a crime.

You can't get pissed off at something that we have known for years.

This is simply the "I told you so" moment from PS were expecting. We know everything he was saying was bullsh***, but you guys didn't want to believe anything we were saying.

It just goes to show you that anything that Phil says ( even if it's complete BS ), the Xbox community will take the narrative and run with it. This is how easily manipulated the community is.

If I posted a few years ago that Xbox was going to remain in third place after the Zenimax acquisition and that there is no way they can compete now and in the future with Sony, I would have been met with laugh reactions from Xbox fans.

But what happened as soon as people from Microsoft told the media that they need this ABK deal to go through to compete?

The Xbox faithful adopted the narrative that there was no way for them to compete because Sony was too strong in the console market and that's why this ABK deal needs to go through. lol

So what's going to happen if this deal fails? You guys are going to go right back to the same narrative before MS tried to acquire ABK. lol

You can't get pissed off at something that we have known for years.

This is simply the "I told you so" moment from PS were expecting. We know everything he was saying was bullsh***, but you guys didn't want to believe anything we were saying.

It just goes to show you that anything that Phil says ( even if it's complete BS ), the Xbox community will take the narrative and run with it. This is how easily manipulated the community is.

If I posted a few years ago that Xbox was going to remain in third place after the Zenimax acquisition and that there is no way they can compete now and in the future with Sony, I would have been met with laugh reactions from Xbox fans.

But what happened as soon as people from Microsoft told the media that they need this ABK deal to go through to compete?

The Xbox faithful adopted the narrative that there was no way for them to compete because Sony was too strong in the console market and that's why this ABK deal needs to go through. lol

So what's going to happen if this deal fails? You guys are going to go right back to the same narrative before MS tried to acquire ABK. lol
This deal will not help Xbox much since ABK games will remain multiplatform.

Financially it doesn't make sense to keep it exclusive plus there's under oath legal commitment.

And main purpose of this deal is mobile gaming. Candy crush makes more money than CoD. If its blocked then things will remain as it is with no competition for Apple and Google in mobile gaming market.

MS will use their 70b dollars to acquire something else, much smaller but they will become more ruthless than ever.

Evil MS bad for Sony. You dont want Balmer era MS to return? Lol.

Last edited:

Fabieter

Financially it doesn't make sense to keep it exclusive plus there's under oath legal commitment.

And main purpose of this deal is mobile gaming. Candy crush makes more money than CoD. If its blocked then things will remain as it is with no competition for Apple and Google in mobile gaming market.

MS will use their 70b dollars to acquire something else, much smaller but they will become more ruthless than ever.

Ms will continue to buy stuff where its possible no matter if this deal fails or not. It makes literally no difference for that.

FrankWza

GAF and it's pathological hate towards Xbox brand lol

I don't see this level of hate in any other community, wtf is going on here?
Oh nothing much

This decision of Phill is pissing Sony fanboys off as they will not get any titles from MS first party studios anymore.
Nobody cares about that. Look at console sales for each generation that xbox has participated. If they had first party games people wanted, they would have sold 100 million consoles at least one time.
It's the 3rd party IPs that become exclusive. Eventually, enough will be purchased where the successful console manufactures, the ones that sell 100 million consoles, generation after generation, will lose those games. They will be controlled, in perpetuity, by a division that would have been out of business if not for being backed by microsoft.
Anyone has a summary of the lies of P?
See my response linked above

Chukhopops

All of this is true, I don’t think anyone really changed their opinion on MS / Xbox just because of the acquisitions. Same war, same soldiers, new ammunition.

At least the airing of dirty laundry makes MS strategy and priorities a lot clearer than it was before.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

You're just parroting MS PR. LOL

You're doing exactly what I've been saying.

They haven't committed to making all ABK games available. They even discussed the idea of making COD exclusive, which you cannot take their word for it.

And if all ABK games go exclusive outside of Call of Duty, do you know what you're going to say?

"So what?" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You're just parroting MS PR. LOL

You're doing exactly what I've been saying.

They haven't committed to making all ABK games available. They even discussed the idea of making COD exclusive, which you cannot take their word for it.

And if all ABK games go exclusive outside of Call of Duty, do you know what you're going to say?

"So what?" :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Dude they said under Oath to judge.
They will risk jail time by lying to judge?

Phill infront of Judge raised his hands. Remember Judge directly told him to say under oath to me directly. Satya Nadella did same after Phill. So if still have doubts then there's no point arguing with you.

CoD makes billions on PS like Minecraft. They never made Minecraft exclusive, so why would they make CoD exclusive. COD and king will help them recouop 70b dollars.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Dude they said under Oath to judge.
They will risk jail time by lying to judge?

Phill infront of Judge raised his hands. Remember Judge directly told him to say under oath to me directly. Satya Nadella did same after Phill. So if still have doubts then there's no point arguing with you.

Phil wasn't able to promise all ABK games.

Phil can't make a binding agreement.

Phil can say under oath what will happen to Call of Duty, yet he cannot make a binding contract and it's clear that someone else besides Phil can make a decision over him. So, there are ways around the under-oath statement.

Phil clearly lied about several things during the trial, but you believe they're being truthful and honest.

CoD makes billions on PS like Minecraft. They never made Minecraft exclusive, so why would they make CoD exclusive. COD and king will help them recouop 70b dollars.
How are they going to make Minecraft exclusive when they're under contract to bring it on PS?

I don't know why you guys keep parroting this from MS. lol. It's like you guys can't think for yourself and just repeat what MS tells you. It's bad.

Phil wasn't able to promise all ABK games.

Phil can't make a binding agreement.

Phil can say under oath what will happen to Call of Duty, yet he cannot make a binding contract and it's clear that someone else besides Phil can make a decision over him. So, there are ways around the under-oath statement.

Phil clearly lied about several things during the trial, but you believe they're being truthful and honest.

How are they going to make Minecraft exclusive when they're under contract to bring it on PS?

I don't know why you guys keep parroting this from MS. lol. It's like you guys can't think for yourself and just repeat what MS tells you. It's bad.

There's no contract for Minecraft. They not gonna pull as there's massive community. When they acquired Minecraft, there was discussion to make it exclusive. Phill revealed it in an interview but team was against it.

And, phill only said under Oath to bring CoD coz case was mainly focused on CoD and its impact. There's no way he will commit to every game. That's nonsense plus Sony only cares about CoD mostly. You expect Phill to say all games including WoW will come to PS? Saying all games will include WoW as well and Blizzard has no interest in making it for consoles. Such commitments not possible.

Also, did you know Judge interrupted FTC lawyer when he asked Phill to commit to bring all games to PS?There's a reason for it coz Phill can't commit every game, some games are made just keeping PC in mind or some are made keeping mobile in mind.

If deal goes through then PS will get CoD, dont expect any other stuff on PS.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
There's no contract for Minecraft. They not gonna pull as there's massive community. When they acquired Minecraft, there was discussion to make it exclusive. Phill revealed it in an interview but team was against it.
Minecraft was released on PS3 Nov 2013.
Minecraft was relesed on PS4 Sept 2024.
Microsoft announced they acquired the studio in mid-September.

The deal was finalized months later.

Want to tell me how are they going to pull Minecraft from PS4 without an existing agreement in place to release the game on PS4?
And, phill only said under Oath to bring CoD coz case was mainly focused on CoD and its impact. There's no way he will commit to every game. That's nonsense plus Sony only cares about CoD mostly. You expect Phill to say all games including WoW to come to PS?
Saying all games will include WoW as well and Blizzard has no interest in making it for consoles.
Then how do you know all ABK games will also release on PS?
Also, did you know Judge interrupted FTC lawyer when he asked Phill to commit to bring all games to PS?

There's a reason for it coz Phill can't commit every game, some games are made just keeping PC in mind or some are made keeping mobile in mind.

Yes, because he knew Phil wasn't going to answer after being asked multiple times.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Read my Last post, there I show why She lack any real experience in the industry, compared to other People and why She is Just a Diversity Hire

And im sorry but Kotick its not that good, he is Just Lucky, He killed Guitar hero and Skylanders, he cant mantain that momentum, Blizard over his watch go to shit, and let a shitshow of sexual harrasment run rampant in the company for years

Being a CEO of any company its not only look to sheets, you need to take care on many things, something he lack after so many Years
Kotick is just lucky.
Sarah Bond was just a diversity hire.

Wow.

Last edited:
GAF and it's pathological hate towards Xbox brand lol

I don't see this level of hate in any other community, wtf is going on here?

It’s so bizarre because a vast majority of them freely shill for the company dominating the industry since the early 90’s while Xbox is a pretty distant third. Isn’t the hate supposed to flow the other way? Yet it doesn’t.

Minecraft was released on PS3 Nov 2013.
Minecraft was relesed on PS4 Sept 2024.
Microsoft announced they acquired the studio in mid-September.

The deal was finalized months later.

Want to tell me how are they going to pull Minecraft from PS4 without an existing agreement in place to release the game on PS4?

Then how do you know all ABK games will also release on PS?

Yes, because he knew Phil wasn't going to answer after being asked multiple times.
No judge stopped him coz Judge saw lawyer was asking something that is stupid. IGN journalist Rebbeca who was present at court, said that judge interrupted and called out FTC lawyers openly over such ludicrous commitment requests from ftc lawyers.

And There's no way one can commit every ABK game. If he commits every ABK game then basically he commiting to bring WoW, candy crush and even those games which are not made for consoles.

Case was for CoD and Future of CoD. FTC lawyer tried to insert all games when Phill commited under oath to bring all CoD games only. He went onto ask something extremely unrealistic which can't be fulfilled. So judge rightfully stopped him

COD will come that's 100%. Under oath it was confirmed. Overwatch will come as its online focused and Diablo as well as it has cross play and big online communities.

New unannounced IPs or games might not come. So deal with it.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
No judge stopped him coz Judge saw lawyer was asking something that is stupid. IGN journalist Rebbeca who was present at court, said that judge interrupted and called out FTC lawyers openly over such ludicrous commitment requests from ftc lawyers.

And There's no way one can commit every ABK game. If he commits every ABK game then basically he commiting to bring WoW, candy crush and even those games which are not made for consoles.

Case was for CoD and Future of CoD. FTC lawyer tried to insert all games when Phill commited under oath to bring all games. He went onto ask something extremely unrealistic which can't be fulfilled. So judge rightfully stopped him

COD will come that's 100%. Under oath it was confirmed. Overwatch will come as its online focused and Diablo as well as it has cross play and big online communities.

New unannounced IPs or games might not come. So deal with it.
There was an objection by MS lawyer and that's when it stopped and their point was made.

Why didn't you answer my question about Minecraft? How didn't they have a prior existing agreement before being acquired by MS?

If you're saying things during a trial then you're under oath.

Do you really think Phil didn't remember discussing exclusivity with Zenimax games? Or about future discussions about Elder Scrolls being exclusive?

FrankWza

It's comical at this point. Also, the person you are arguing with came out and said that their only concern is getting GP and saving money. I believe it was them in the big abk thread.
It's starting to become difficult to separate the users here.
The end result means nothing to them. Just hoarding games through a low price sub in the short term. Even if they're not paid they're bought.

Top Bottom