• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has Phil Spencer lost his Mind(share) with the Faithful?

Will Phil still be the head of Xbox on Jan 1, 2024?

• Total voters

Edgelord79

Gold Member
With the recent acquisition questioning period over and the information that has come to light, is it fair to question whether or not Phil Spencer has lost the trust of the faithful?

Furthermore, this cannot be the corporate look Satya Nadella (why does nobody have the username Satya Nutella?) is going for.

Will Phil Spencer still be Head of Xbox in 2024 or will he be a casualty?

For my part I would love Sara Bond in that role, but that’s purely for selfish reasons.

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

RCU005

The only way I see Phil out is if the merger fails, which I hope it does.

Have you seen the Xbox team? They all complement each other, in a bad way sadly. If the merger is approved they are all going to be hailed as the greatest and continue ruining Xbox and the gaming industry.

Humdinger

I haven't been paying much attention to this. Could someone please summarize what the horrible things are that we have learned about Phil? What specifically are we referring to?

edit: A day and four pages later, no response. Figures.

edit 2: I saw Heisenberg's summary thread. As I suspected, much ado about nothing (much).

Last edited:

BlueLyria

Phil Spencer could go into everyone's houses, murder their mothers and he would still not lose a shred of popularity, man is untouchable.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
For the record, I think he will be, but I don’t think he should be. My answer would have been different before all of this.

Nydius

With the recent acquisition questioning period over and the information that has come to light, is it fair to question whether or not Phil Spencer has lost the trust of the faithful?

Have you taken a peek at social media lately?

With "the faithful" he hasn't lost anything. If anything, they venerate him more now than ever. They don't think he's done anything wrong, they think he's fighting for the life and soul of Xbox, and don't want to see him go anywhere. Barring the acquisition being blocked because of his internal e-mails going public (a highly unlikely scenario), he's not going anywhere. He'll be there for a while yet, while Sarah Bond is being prepared to eventually replace him.

Matt Booty, on the other hand... well, let's just say I hope he's updating his CV and getting ready to shop it around.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

GAF pretending to be hurt by Phil Spencer in order to post another thread to shit on Xbox

tawag-ng-tanghalan-querubin-llavore-meme-tawag-ng-tanghalan.gif

Basically all that needs to be said about this one.

I honestly don't even find the exchanges from Spencer particularly shocking, obviously he doesn't place a lot of regard on where the competition ends up. But that's not his job, he is there to try and make $ for Xbox and grow their business, which he's done by the numbers. If any sweeping changes result from any of this I can see where they might want to tell Booty to only use the phone and avoid notes or email. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

FrankWza

Have you taken a peek at social media lately?

With "the faithful" he hasn't lost anything. If anything, they venerate him more now than ever. They don't think he's done anything wrong, they think he's fighting for the life and soul of Xbox, and don't want to see him go anywhere.
Or, the paid leaders are laying down propaganda and the followers are following. It's all part of the plan according to their internal "Evangelism is War"

chonga

The private emails ultimately show his real colours which were showing before slightly.

Guy should be fired if the ABK doesnt go through. I think more damage has been done through the leaks than stopping the deal
His colours have been showing since day 0.

You were just colour blind.

Topher

Gold Member
He is a good leader. I think he would be better if he didn't work for Microsoft. But no, he isn't going anywhere.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
When you say faithful.....if that means the fanboys....never. They are a special bunch.

Normal Xbox fans? Maybe.

MS shareholders: well Phillip you’ve oversaw a massive increase in revenue and salvaged the brand from the dumpster that Donald left it in and you’ve also pointed the ship in the right direction for future success, buuuuuuuut some fanboys online think you’re a liar so we’re going to let you go.

I totally see it happening.

Faithful what? Xbox fans? Activision was never a loss only a bonus if they got them.

What's making people questioning Spencer was his performance last year, and this year so far especially post redfall.

Nydius

The private emails ultimately show his real colours which were showing before slightly.

Guy should be fired if the ABK doesnt go through. I think more damage has been done through the leaks than stopping the deal

The sad reality is most average gamers are out of the loop nd don't care about the trial, let alone any internal e-mails. Meanwhile even the people who are invested in the case will forget about it within a few weeks when the CAT/CMA stuff kicks off and the merger deadline approaches. People have notoriously short and fickle memories.

Top Bottom