• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite | Campaign Gameplay Premiere – 8 Minute Demo

So dissapointed by graphics it looks like an Xbox one game. Such a downgrade from last years graphics trailer. IDK how to feel right now, that really hurt. Need to watch again at higher quality to make a real judgement

Insiders are truly shitty to say this had "holy shit" kind of visuals. I expected next-gen graphics. What I've seen looks like Destiny's graphics.
Yeah. Watching the demo back. You see textures popping in ( both close and far away) and some enemies look... plastic. Best I can describe it as.

496qnb.gif

The grass

496r22.gif

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Man, I didn't think it looked horrible by any means. Definitely better and more of the Halo I'd want than the last two games. Could it have looked better? Sure, but I didn't think it looked awful.

Besides, a 500 million budget speaks on behalf of the entire project. we saw 8 minutes of the campaign. I'd like to imagine there's a whole lot more there, especially with that budget, haha.

CuNi

TBH, gameplay looked rad etc.
The Artsytle is the only thing that fucks it.
Like I already said about so many other game. That awful strive for "photorealism" fucks games completely.
Should have had slightly oversaturated colors, less PBR etc. and it would've been awesome.
I hope they tune that look before release, else it's a 7/10..

JimiNutz

Banned
343 really took the Halo 5 criticism to heart.
At times this looked like a straight up remake of CE.

CE is in my all time top 10 so that's obviously a good thing in some ways but the footage didn't exactly blow me away as it all felt so familiar.

The grapple hook is kinda cool I guess.

I think they made a mistake not talking about multiplayer at all.

Dodkrake

Banned
Retards are obsessed with 60fps and native 4k. Something had to give on a 5700xt tier of GPU.

Game itself looks fantastic and by far the best launch title we've seen. Banished and Flood are a good choice again.

No, it didn't. The Xbox could perfectly render that with higher graphical quality at both 4k and 60fps. What screwed it over was, you guessed it, it being a game that needs to run on Xbox Potato One.

And the Series X has a 6800 level GPU.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I'll be honest, I wasn't overly impressed with Halo. 343 just isn't Bungie. Maybe Halo is just played out. There was nothing innovative that I saw. Even the cutscenes were...ok.

Yeah, I was not impressed, especially by the visuals, but they didn't look bad, they were just disappointing since they've been so heavily emphasizing the graphical prowess of the Series X. Gameplay looked fun though... so hopefully it delivers massively on that front, which is what I love about Halo games

Kev Kev

im so stoked for this! i havent been hyped for halo in so long. and that change up in the open world approach is getting me excited. hope they release more pic, video, info and of course multiplayer in the coming weeks.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Told yall Discover Hope was XSX footage.

The game doesn't look even close to what it was hyped up to look, and on top of that the gameplay looked boring AF.

Onikaan

I love how I can't be critical of a company that's been constantly poor at developing the Halo franchise. Somehow that makes me a troll. It must be nice living in a bubble where you can control the narrative. One day life is gonna bite you in the nuts hard, and what a shock you'll get.

If you like the look of game fine, great. But some of us have been waiting a decade for 343i to make a Bungie tier Halo game so you;ll have to excuse me if I'm rough on them.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

343 is the worst thing to happen to Halo. I can't even be disappointed anymore lmao. That demo was meh at best. Looks like they are still keeping that AWFUL dialogue.

tenor.gif
i thought the exchange between chief and that guy was really well done. it felt like a step up from previous halos, no? he was kinda funny too. comedy is something halo has never done enough of imo, it really helped get me engaged and... well i dunno i just thought the va's and the animations looked and sounded great

Last edited:

Kerotan

So dissapointed by graphics it looks like an Xbox one game. Such a downgrade from last years graphics trailer. IDK how to feel right now, that really hurt. Need to watch again at higher quality to make a real judgement
People are talking about lockhart holding back games so just imagine how much the bass xbox one that struggles with 1080p is holding this back. It's a trash approach from MS.

Top Bottom