• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite | Campaign Gameplay Premiere – 8 Minute Demo

Protocol7

Big Halo fan here (until 343 took over), super not hyped by what I see :/
The engine... the visuals... nothing crazy...

I mean passed the nostalgia effect... :/

Still felt really like the first one, that part is cool :)

Last edited:
Graphics didn't bother me, but the tempo of gameplay is what stood out as concerning. Appears to be leaning very heavily into the open world aspect, but I have misgivings about being able to keep a steady flow of action with such a setup.

Not convinced I'll buy it Day 1, but eventually I expect to.

kretos

Banned
True next gen is here boys

hqdefault.jpg

Matsuchezz

hehehehe they are pure talk all the time, you Xbox Fans were right not to ride the Hype Train, it would have been a big mistake.

JasonVA

Cheesy dialog, an fps youve played a thousand times before, and last gen graphics, do developers not care anymore

Gediminas

Banned
halo infinite looks shit.
state of decay 3, teaser
forza short trailer, nothing to see actually, except more talk.
everwild looks... yeah, okey.
Tell me why looks also low budget, gamepass filler.

Psykodad

Banned
It's Sony after all. They always promoting with CGI and target renders.
You say that after the Forza in-engine trailer?

You clearly haven’t played HZD. There isn't much difference between cutscenes and gameplay. In fact, cutscenes run in realtime using ingame assets.

Anyway, back to Halo.
It looks underwhelming,. Foliage is really bad, especially after TLOU2 and GOT.
Animations are mediocre. I think there was also pop-up on the mountains in the background when they went up the elevator.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

halo infinite looks shit.
state of decay 3, teaser
forza short trailer, nothing to see actually, except more talk.
everwild looks... yeah, okey.
Tell me why looks also low budget, gamepass filler.

Nothing I've seen so far screams next gen graphics. Tell Me Why look like it was running on current gen, ridiculous.

Classic Halo meets Doom Eternal gameplay. I dig it. Covenant and Brutes the main enemies, no sponging Prometheans? Count me in! Visuals could do with a clean up as some textures do look flat but very colourful!

Forsythia

The visuals can definitely use an upgrade, but I like the rest. It's more Halo, that's all I wanted. And I'm glad I didn't see any Promethean.

Dodkrake

Banned
How I love being right. I said it many times, Halo 5 will be held back by the Xbox One. "No, its developed for the XSX and will be downscaled". Well, there you go, a game that doesn't look that far removed from Killzone Shadows Fall. Oh, and the texture pop in with the super duper quantum SSD was just beautiful to see.

Greeno

Insiders are truly shitty to say this had "holy shit" kind of visuals. I expected next-gen graphics. What I've seen looks like Destiny's graphics.

LordOfChaos

I'm kinda curious that they haven't shown anything about the Created plot from Guardians yet? Left on a pretty big cliffhanger, surely the main baddie won't jump around three installments in a row, right? Maybe the Banished are just a sideplot for part of it.

Dodkrake

Banned
Let me just line up the excuses here, just in case we all forget them:

- This was not developed for the Series X
- It runs at 60fps so it's all grand
- That's not texture pop in
- The stream was very poor quality, they forgot to enable the Series X preset
- The dolphin game runs at double the framerate on the Series X

Thank me later.

Top Bottom