• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite | Campaign Gameplay Premiere – 8 Minute Demo

This! This is why I keep saying to revive this series, they need get some fucking decent writers that know what they're fucking doing and get it away from 343i and give it back to Bungie.
Just doesn't help anything when the comparison used is OT Star Wars vs New Star Wars.
Do you really want Bungie's writers instead? Staten hasn't been involved with Bungie for years.

LordOfChaos

I love the pop in. They just nailed the whole thing.

If I was being picky there's lot of PS1 in there, the N64 didn't have those unfiltered textures, but the whole thing is like a crossover that was made directly for people who grew up in my era and went N64 - Xbox, it's brilliant

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
cf_jegardomnai_concept-4b4640b55d8c498abd2adb8ef29fec79.jpg

cf_mkvii_conceptart_full_1920-b3646671e6984e96bca81af94bc3e43a.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
Remember when we were looking forward to this? (Sigh)

All I’ll say is I have hope in that👌 gunplay, the concept, and Joe Staten being involved, but for the time being, it’s better I forget this game and it’s developer exists. That was your last strike, 343. The only way I and most care anymore, is if you deliver a stunningly great product in the end.

Remember when we were looking forward to this? (Sigh)

All I’ll say is I have hope in that👌 gunplay, the concept, and Joe Staten being involved, but for the time being, it’s better I forget this game and it’s developer exists. That was your last strike, 343. The only way I and most care anymore, is if you deliver a stunningly great product in the end.

I still care. The game looked good to me and 343 seemed to have nailed the firefights and weapon systems.
I didn't think the GFX were as bad as some made out either, it just looked more like an Xbox One X game to a Series X

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?

MrFunSocks

Banned
I still care. The game looked good to me and 343 seemed to have nailed the firefights and weapon systems.
I didn't think the GFX were as bad as some made out either, it just looked more like an Xbox One X game to a Series X
Graphics have never mattered for Halo, it's always been about the gameplay, and the gameplay looked like Halo. Certain people just wanted something to bash xbox for, and they got it by pretending that an Xbox One game was meant to be a Series X exclusive showcase game, and that is what kick started all their other conspiracy theories about the Series X being a mess and not working and not being able to play games and is vaporware.

-Arcadia-

Banned

It didn’t look bad, but it’s a problem when it looks worse than some 360 Halo games, and 5 runs laps around it.

It’s more than that, though. If they’re bringing on big hitters like Staten, for a game that was ready to go in a few months, more than visuals are the problem. My belief is that the game is falling apart in all regards behind the scenes, and I’m choosing to ignore the reports that confirm that.

If you want to place faith in a developer that deserves none, go for it. Just don’t be surprised when they let you down for the one, two, three, four... fifth time in a row?

Graphics have never mattered for Halo, it's always been about the gameplay, and the gameplay looked like Halo. Certain people just wanted something to bash xbox for, and they got it by pretending that an Xbox One game was meant to be a Series X exclusive showcase game, and that is what kick started all their other conspiracy theories about the Series X being a mess and not working and not being able to play games and is vaporware.

Halo 2 was pushing the OG Xbox to some silly limits and I think everyone remembers being amazing when you 1st landed on the Planet in the very 1st game. So gfx did count for a lot.
MS handling of the whole Xbox Series X showcases have been utterly pathetic, not even Halo was running on the system and what they did show off had issues that shouldn't have been there like the cloud pop in or no mud debris. All that said I thought the demo looked fab for the gameplay and weapons and the sound was pure Halo and I just wanted more...

I think the game looks like a remake of the very 1st game only with massive maps and epic scale, its a shame the PS Generation have been allowed to win the media feedback

It didn’t look bad, but it’s a problem when it looks worse than some 360 Halo games, and 5 runs laps around it.

Now you're just being silly. Name me one HALO game on the 360, that run at 60 fps at native 4K? never mind had gameplay area bigger than Halo 4 and V combined?. It's not like Halo 3 was a looker for characters models with some rather low polygon models, that were completely outshone by Killzone 2 character models

-Arcadia-

Banned
Now you're just being silly. Name me one HALO game on the 360, that run at 60 fps at native 4K? never mind had gameplay area bigger than Halo 4 and V combined?. It's not like Halo 3 was a looker for characters models with some rather low polygon models, that were completely outshone by Killzone 2 character models

Nice deflection. That wasn’t possible back then, obviously, but now, with nothing but the resolution enhancements in the MCC, game against game, assets against assets, Halo 3 generally looks better, and Halo 4 still holds up as a beautiful game, which is certainly a lot more than you can say about this.

Keep cheering for rock bottom. That’s a great way to ensure Halo will find its way to the trash bin of history, if it isn’t well on the way already, instead of ever finding its way back to being, borderline, the Star Wars of videogames.

Edit: As I forgot, many games this gen have handled large (not even truly open world in this case) environments, without having to undergo a generational regression, and that’s without even taking the Series X into account.

Last edited:
Nice deflection. That wasn’t possible back then, obviously, but now, with nothing but the resolution enhancements in the MCC, game against game, assets against assets, Halo 3 generally looks better, and Halo 4 still holds up as a beautiful game, which is certainly a lot more than you can say about this.

Edit: As I forgot, many games this gen have handled large (not even truly open world in this case) environments, without having to undergo a generational regression, and that’s without even taking the Series X into account.

It's hardly a deflection, one needs to consider what a game is actually having to handle under the hood, it wasn't even like Halo 3 could run at the 360 native screen res either, but it's water and lighting effects were super impressive

Edit: As I forgot, many games this gen have handled large (not even truly open world in this case) environments, without having to undergo a generational regression, and that’s without even taking the Series X into account

Name these open-world games with map sizes twice as bigger as Halo 4 and 5 combined, running at 60 fps at native 4K on the consoles?

Last edited:

Aladin

If developers explain where the graphics power got consumed, people would understand. While haters gonna zoom into a 60fps open world game and criticize graphics. Lets discuss after the ray tracing patch comes in.

Shmunter

If developers explain where the graphics power got consumed, people would understand. While haters gonna zoom into a 60fps open world game and criticize graphics. Lets discuss after the ray tracing patch comes in.
Bro, there is not even basic light coming off the glittery pew pew lasers. Look at the ground when shots are fired. It’s less then last gen in parts.

MrFunSocks

Banned
MS handling of the whole Xbox Series X showcases have been utterly pathetic

See this is a problem from peoples misunderstanding - it was not an Xbox Series X Games Showcase, it was an Xbox Games Showcase. No Series X in there. People for some reason expected only Series X games but Halo Infinite is not a series X game. It was announced as an Xbox one game, and it’s on the series x page as getting things like running at higher resolution and with faster load times on series X.

Halo infinite is a 60fps dynamic 1080p resolution open world Xbox one game, and it is getting a series X patch that will increase it to 4K max resolution and give it faster load times, and then ray tracing as well.

Name another 60fps open world current generation game, and you’ll see why it wasn’t as graphically impressive as a linear cinematic shooter.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
cf_jegardomnai_concept-4b4640b55d8c498abd2adb8ef29fec79.jpg

cf_mkvii_conceptart_full_1920-b3646671e6984e96bca81af94bc3e43a.jpg

Make a third person cell shading Halo spin off with this style and you have the best game of the generation.

shubik

See this is a problem from peoples misunderstanding - it was not an Xbox Series X Games Showcase, it was an Xbox Games Showcase. No Series X in there. People for some reason expected only Series X games but Halo Infinite is not a series X game. It was announced as an Xbox one game, and it’s on the series x page as getting things like running at higher resolution and with faster load times on series X.

Oh come on... Microsoft announced the event as THE SHOWCASE for next-gen. It was the first time they showed real gameplay for "THE MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE EVEEEEERRRRRRR" and this is what you show? This is why people are so disappointed. It looked last gen. Nothing about the flagship title of Microsoft looked next gen.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Oh come on... Microsoft announced the event as THE SHOWCASE for next-gen. It was the first time they showed real gameplay for "THE MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE EVEEEEERRRRRRR" and this is what you show? This is why people are so disappointed. It looked last gen. Nothing about the flagship title of Microsoft looked next gen.
Because it’s not a next gen game.

Did you even read my post?

Shmunter

Halo infinite is a 60fps dynamic 1080p resolution open world Xbox one game, and it is getting a series X patch that will increase it to 4K max resolution and give it faster load times, and then ray tracing as well.

Name another 60fps open world current generation game, and you’ll see why it wasn’t as graphically impressive as a linear cinematic shooter.
No idea how people are misunderstanding...

Titles displaying the Optimized for Xbox Series X badge can include:

Brand new games built natively for the Xbox Series X such as Halo Infinite.

Bro, there is not even basic light coming off the glittery pew pew lasers. Look at the ground when shots are fired. It’s less then last gen in parts.
Why would you look at the ground during an intense firefight?

Our nostalgic memories trick us into believing older games have more details than they really had.

I recently had a shock watching some Mass Effects cutsceanes.

MrFunSocks

Banned
No idea how people are misunderstanding...

Titles displaying the Optimized for Xbox Series X badge can include:

Brand new games built natively for the Xbox Series X such as Halo Infinite.

PR gonna PR. Did you believe the power of the cloud talk when the XB1 got unveiled? Did you believe every E3 was the best lineup of Xbox games in history.

This is not what Microsoft said and not what the fans expected.

They said it was an Xbox games showcase, which it was. Halo was announced as an Xbox one game years ago.

Last edited:
Because it’s not a next gen game.

Did you even read my post?

That's not how you Halo fans and MS were trying to sell this game a couple of months back.

"Trust us, when you play it this holiday it's going to be a visual showcase for Xbox Series X. The team at 343 Industries, with what they've done with the Slipspace Engine, there should be no worries about that."

Considering the Monster Energie drik XP boost, Nerf guns and the books/comics announce it is clear that 343/Microsoft thought the game was in good shape to come out this year.

There weren't many leaks about drama behind the scenes compared to other games that had serious launching problems.

The only explanation I could think is that Microsoft was planning to add the next-gen feature in futures updates. The story and art style are locked.

That's a little bit of a cop-out. MS needed to show off some next-gen stuff and they failed . I'm also one of the few that didn't have that much of an issue with Halo Infinite graphics, if you read my posts, more so with regards to my reply to -Arcadia -
Halo Infinite wasn't running on any Xbox hardware and instead on a high end PC and it still had issues and it doesn't cut much water that is just an XBox game, why has MS delayed the game thenand drafted in 2 old staff members from BUNGiE to get the game back on track, after all the negative feedback?. The showcase was a disaster for getting hype around your new console launch

Shmunter

PR gonna PR. Did you believe the power of the cloud talk when the XB1 got unveiled? Did you believe every E3 was the best lineup of Xbox games in history.

They said it was an Xbox games showcase, which it was. Halo was announced as an Xbox one game years ago.
No, that’s why I also think XsX is going to be a weaker overall console than PS5. Most powerful console PR is just PR. We‘re in agreement then.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Halo 1 got praised for its graphics as did Halo 2, 4 and Halo Reach. Many people thought Halo Infinite would be a showcase after all of the power talk

Last edited:

the_master

No, that’s why I also think XsX is going to be a weaker overall console than PS5. Most powerful console PR is just PR. We‘re in agreement then.
One thing is PR another thing are numbers and facts. On the paper, with what we know as gamers, Xsex is more powerful. Besides that, Halo Infinite was made for Xbone as we could see

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I don't know about that but in 2021 at least the 1st party visuals of their competition will smoke them brutally, that's for sure.
By 2021
  • The Medium
  • Exo One
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
  • Scorn
  • Bright Memory Infinite
  • Shredders
  • Possibly Flight Simulator, Minecraft DXR and Hellblade II
Except for Flight Simulator, none of these are coming to Xbox One and are a graphical showcase of the various capabilities of Xbox Series X.

the_master

By 2021
  • The Medium
  • Exo One
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
  • Scorn
  • Bright Memory Infinite
  • Shredders
  • Possibly Flight Simulator, Minecraft DXR and Hellblade II
Except for Flight Simulator, none of these are coming to Xbox One and are a graphical showcase of the various capabilities of Xbox Series X.
Flight Simulator is coming to the One?

Top Bottom