• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life 2 World Record Speedrun Will Make Your Head Spin

Well, the thing is back then we all thought they would follow up with Episode 3 soon after which is why I think the backlash on the ending was pretty low or even non-existant, from what I could tell at least.
The ending for HL2 wasn't much better.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I wish these would be called "glitch-runs" rather than "speed-runs." Just so I could know what I'm about to see, I just hate wasting time looking at headache-inducing glitches.
Lol um in pretty sure every single speed run that holds a record right now uses glitches, took assisted or not.

litelite_

Neo Member
Watched 2 minutes. The way these people broke the game makes it look about as hard as learning a Trackmania track.

Not impressed.

eso76

You know, I was almost 2 years late playing EP. 2 and when I finished it I was so pumped for a sequel (that I thought would certainly be announced soon) that I just...waited. And forgot to play it again since.
I have such fond memories of the game though, always regarded it as one of the best gaming experiences ever.
Need to play again.

Also, you know what ? I'll take a remake. A proper remake, though (RE:Remake level) on Source 2

Sheroking

The ending for HL2 wasn't much better.

Both endings were awesome.

Satisfying resolutions to the games self-contained storyline and effective cliff-hangers at the same time.

Half-Life 3 has become this meme, and people are wrongly lumping a game that was never officially announced in with vaporware we know to have been in development for years, but there will be a conclusion eventually. I'm certain.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Speedruns with glitches are so weird to watch when you don't know what exactly he is exploiting and doing.

Why doesn't he simply drive the car through the tunnel and other areas at around the 5 min mark? Wouldn't that be faster than knocking it around w/ the gravity gun?

I'm guessing the game is broken at that point so driving the car is impossible or something?

Why doesn't he simply drive the car through the tunnel and other areas at around the 5 min mark? Wouldn't that be faster than knocking it around w/ the gravity gun?

I'm guessing the game is broken at that point so driving the car is impossible or something?

He's waiting for the Dog VS Strider cut scene to end and is messing around a bit in the meanwhile.

EVIL

Subtle, but the book flip trick got me. Holy shit.

yeah, that was great. these guys have been playing these segments for so long, they make up all kind of fun games while they have to wait during pieces they cant skip.

the whole strider battle part was just.. holyshit that was good.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I LOVE YOU DAD

*flings arms backwards*

Top Bottom