• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: The Trilogy - Definitive Edition |OT| Ah shit, here we go again

Deerock71

Is this good now? (Without needing fan mods.)
I never played it on the original systems. I never heard Billie Jean at a certain point in the game. I don't know what other songs might be missing. All I know is I'm playing Vice City on the Switch and the game's a hoot. I have had it randomly crash a couple times, so I make sure to save often.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Damn, took them so long to finally make a little step in the right direction with artstyle. I wonder if they plan to include classic lighting setting on other platforms.
Yet they broke lighting and effects in Vice City so one step forward and some steps backwards… even San Andreas is not quite what it was lighting, fog, and atmospheric effects wise (lighting is also not area dependent anymore but in the PS2 games used to be different depending where you where in the game).

Hudo

It's astonishing how little they care about these games and how much R* fucked this up. This is Blizzard-level of incompetence and ignorance.

GriffinCorp

It's astonishing how little they care about these games and how much R* fucked this up. This is Blizzard-level of incompetence and ignorance.
I could not agree more. It's so incredibly sad how these games where recreated and shipped without anyone at Rockstar, staying anything other than ship it. These games played a HUGE part of my life growing up and I really was hoping for a home run. Sadly, I don't think these games will be fully patched and I can't stand the Fortnite/ cartoon look of the games. I'll continue to enjoy these on the PS2/Xbox and PC with mods gets you 90 percent there.

Hudo

These games played a HUGE part of my life growing up and I really was hoping for a home run. Sadly, I don't think these games will be fully patched and I can't stand the Fortnite/ cartoon look of the games. I'll continue to enjoy these on the PS2/Xbox and PC with mods gets you 90 percent there.
Exactly this.

It actually hurt to see R* shitting something out like this. As if they really couldn't give any shit about these games whatsoever. Much like how Blizzard just shat out Warcraft 3 Reforged and called it a day.

Top Bottom