• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Lasha

Not sure how to approach the first long left hander after the starting line. Trail braking while gradually downshifting. Or a a hard long straight brake and then turn while downshifting.

Chicane is a matter of finding my brake point but do I trail brake while going from 7 to 3 or a hard brake with late downshifting for stability.

Ehh it's day one

Need to get one with the car.

transformers cartoon GIF

omegasc omegasc why the lol

You're on the right track. The turn requires smooth braking and acceleration to put the car as far inside as possible. Think of it as one big turn that starts at the finish line. Make sure you're in the groove crossing the finish line next to the wall to soften the turn. Are you on a wheel or a controller? Wheel is easier since you can constantly turn in while managing braking/shifting. Controller is horrific because of the limited resolution of the stick combined with braking using the same hand. Doable though. Good luck.

Lasha

This is why I prefer GT7 over other racing games, the attention to detail is unmatched.

I'm baffled by how much effort goes into superficial details while others are omitted. I just did the Porsche 650 event on Nurburgring. The pre-race screen shows the track alive and happy with detail under blue skies. The two "pro racer" heads give some superficial quips about how much they enjoy driving Porsche. A storm suddenly rolls in 1/3 of the way through the lap making the surface completely inappropriate for slicks. The storm clears during the last half but most of the track is still wet AF. Attention to detail would be a weather forecast or simply having one of the experts say something like "Weather is looking bad, are your tires OK?". The love of cars is almost entirely cosmetic. I could live without having a fully realized 2014 Honda fit if it freed up budget for improving the racing model, AI, or presentation. The core racing, especially with the addition of sport, provides a phenomenal foundation. I wish PD would take it further.

I'm baffled by how much effort goes into superficial details while others are omitted. I just did the Porsche 650 event on Nurburgring. The pre-race screen shows the track alive and happy with detail under blue skies. The two "pro racer" heads give some superficial quips about how much they enjoy driving Porsche. A storm suddenly rolls in 1/3 of the way through the lap making the surface completely inappropriate for slicks. The storm clears during the last half but most of the track is still wet AF. Attention to detail would be a weather forecast or simply having one of the experts say something like "Weather is looking bad, are your tires OK?". The love of cars is almost entirely cosmetic. I could live without having a fully realized 2014 Honda fit if it freed up budget for improving the racing model, AI, or presentation. The core racing, especially with the addition of sport, provides a phenomenal foundation. I wish PD would take it further.

Do you mean like a weather forcast before the race or during? Because during the race on your D-pad you can switch to live forecast and see the rain is about to hit and should you switch to inters or if its purple (heavy rain) switch to wets.

Lasha

Do you mean like a weather forcast before the race or during? Because during the race on your D-pad you can switch to live forecast and see the rain is about to hit and should you switch to inters or if its purple (heavy rain) switch to wets.
Before. You don't enter a race on slicks when rain is brewing on the first lap of such a long course. You don't put inters on when the skies are blue and cloudless in the pre-race. I was blind-sided.

cormack12

Gold Member
Holy shit, got the bug now. Almost driver class C.

Qualified 2nd and 6th, and finished 3rd in both. I can feel myself levelling up and getting better.

And the gap to 1st is now down to like 1.5/2s in most cases - might just be courses that suit me like but I feel fucking energised.

Happy Beach GIF by Mad Dance house

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
You're on the right track. The turn requires smooth braking and acceleration to put the car as far inside as possible. Think of it as one big turn that starts at the finish line. Make sure you're in the groove crossing the finish line next to the wall to soften the turn. Are you on a wheel or a controller? Wheel is easier since you can constantly turn in while managing braking/shifting. Controller is horrific because of the limited resolution of the stick combined with braking using the same hand. Doable though. Good luck.

Yeah controller. Played Sport for 2 years non stop. Like crack. It's just me being tired/drunk/and no patience. And not playing enough. Oh well! Thanks for your input! <3

Last edited:

omegasc

Not sure how to approach the first long left hander after the starting line. Trail braking while gradually downshifting. Or a a hard long straight brake and then turn while downshifting.

Chicane is a matter of finding my brake point but do I trail brake while going from 7 to 3 or a hard brake with late downshifting for stability.

Ehh it's day one

Need to get one with the car.

omegasc omegasc why the lol
"Annoying/difficult = fun"
it's true :messenger_grinning_sweat:
been doing "The Human Comedy" and this applies for some events, like GR3 Lake Maggiore.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
"Annoying/difficult = fun"
it's true :messenger_grinning_sweat:
been doing "The Human Comedy" and this applies for some events, like GR3 Lake Maggiore.

Ahh good to hear. Such an annoying emoji to interpret.

Playing the TT atm. Just a matter now of taking/learning to take the chicane right. Just got a whole second of the first 2 sectors but fucked up. Note to self: don't steer while braking.

Let the car do it's thing. Less input = better.

Last edited:
FINALLY a fantasy track for once. Also, this Sophy update, like...we are getting a full on smart AI for all of GT7??? Does that mean I wont be able to grind anymore cuz the AI is too smart lol.

EDIT:

Waaaaait wait wait. This isnt for good, its just a limited time feature and only on 4 tracks :messenger_pouting:

Race Together' is a time-limited event that gives players of all levels and abilities the opportunity to go head to head against GT Sophy in Gran Turismo 7.
'Race Together' is part of Update 1.29 and will be available until late March. We hope you will take this unique opportunity to jump on track and race with GT Sophy!
In 'Race Together,' players can challenge GT Sophy in a series of four races of increasing difficulty, from Beginner to Intermediate to Expert.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Also, this Sophy update, like...we are getting a full on smart AI for all of GT7??? Does that mean I wont be able to grind anymore cuz the AI is too smart lol.

Will likely be a set of missions. I can assure you that it won't exchange the existing AI.

Waaaaait wait wait. This isnt for good, its just a limited time feature and only on 4 tracks :messenger_pouting:

Race Together' is a time-limited event that gives players of all levels and abilities the opportunity to go head to head against GT Sophy in Gran Turismo 7.
'Race Together' is part of Update 1.29 and will be available until late March. We hope you will take this unique opportunity to jump on track and race with GT Sophy!
In 'Race Together,' players can challenge GT Sophy in a series of four races of increasing difficulty, from Beginner to Intermediate to Expert.

I think this is a first step for them to get some feedback and gather data. Let's not forget that it hasn't even been a year since they announced Sophy and we already get to see it in game.

Last edited:
I think this is a first step for them to get some feedback and gather data. Let's not forget that it hasn't even been a year since they announced Sophy and we already get to see it in game.

I know but I think they could of advertised it better. In the video you are made to believe thats it, its finally coming especially after hearing feedback from other players that got a chance to mess with it.

Con-Z-epT

Track Length, 5,099m; Elevation Difference, 97m; Number of Corners, 18; Longest Straight, 995m

The Grand Valley returns to Gran Turismo with an all-new look. The full "Highway 1" configuration is a challenging course featuring full-throttle high speed sections along with tight winding corners. The shorter 2000m "South" layout features harsh elevation changes and blind corners to keep drivers on their toes. An expansive environment where the ocean meets the mountains, a large bridge and tunnel sections make for a thrilling and scenic driving experience that will keep you coming back for more.

i1ebwu8FHmrKY8c.jpg

i1M28yb4NbmtOz.jpg

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Details for Update 1.29​

The following is a list of the main features and adjustments introduced in the latest update for Gran Turismo 7.

Main Features Implemented​

1. Cars
 - The following five new cars have been added:
  ・Citroën DS 21 Pallas '70 (available for purchase at Legend Cars)
  ・Honda RA272 ’65 (available for purchase at Legend Cars)
  ・Italdesign EXENEO Vision Gran Turismo Street Mode
  ・Italdesign EXENEO Vision Gran Turismo Off-road Mode
  ・Porsche 911 Carrera RS (901) '73 (available for purchase at Legend Cars)

2. Tracks
 - The Grand Valley race track comes with four different layouts:
  ・Grand Valley - Highway 1
  ・Grand Valley - Highway 1 Reverse
  ・Grand Valley - South
  ・Grand Valley - South Reverse

This track will be available at Collector Level 15.

3. World Circuits
- "Circuit Experience" has been added to the "Grand Valley - Highway 1" track in the Americas section.
- The following new events have been added to World Circuits:
 ・Grand Valley - Highway 1
  - World Touring Car 600
  - Gr.1 Prototype Series
  - American Sunday Cup 600
  - Japanese Clubman Cup 550
  - Historic Sports Car Masters

World Touring Car 600 will be available at Collector Level 15; American Sunday Cup 600 will be available after clearing Menu Book No. 39 (Championship: World GT Series) and having watched the ending; Japanese Clubman Cup 550 will be available after starting Menu Book No. 42 (Gr.1 Prototype Series) that unlocks at Collector Level 30; and Historic Sportscar Masters will be available after starting Menu Book No. 46 (Historic Sports Car Masters) that unlocks at Collector Level 29.

・WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
  - Sunday Cup Classic

The Sunday Cup Classic will be available after reaching Menu Book No. 13 (Try Your Hand at a Mission).

4. PlayStation®VR2
 - The PlayStation®5 console now fully supports PlayStation®VR2. Every game mode (excluding "2P Split Screen"), every online race, and an exclusive VR Showroom mode is available in VR.

5. Gran Turismo Sophy
 - A limited-time "Race Together" event now allows players to challenge the autonomous racing agent Gran Turismo Sophy (GT Sophy). This event is only available on the PlayStation®5 console version. "Race Together" will be available after reaching Collector Level 6 and can be accessed from the special banner at the top right of the World Map screen.

6.Scapes
 - The following functions have been added to Scapes:
  ・Drift Photography
  ・Height-Adjustable Spots
  ・"Height-Adjustable Spots" button on the Scapes home screen
  ・Heat Glow effect

- The Drift Stage and "Move the camera up and down" features have been added to Curation in Scapes.
 - Tutorials for "Drifting" have been added.

7. Brand Central
 - New Museum section for Italdesign has been added for Europe (Italy).
 - New Museum section for Sony AI has been added for Asia-Pacific (Japan).

8. Café
 - The following two new Extra Menus have been added:
  ・Extra Menu No. 16: Collection: Honda Motorsports (Collector Level 47 and above)
  ・Extra Menu No. 17: Collection: Porsche 911 Carrera RS (Collector Level 39 and above)

- There are new sets of conversations with the Car Designers and Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing to the following cars in your "Garage" and speaking with the Characters in the Café.

CAR DESIGNERS
   - Kunihisa Ito
    ・Honda NSX GT500 '08
    ・Mazda 787B '91
    ・Mini Cooper 'S' '65
    ・RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7

- Hikonori Kagurazaka
    ・Aston Martin Vulkan '16
    ・Bugatti Chiron '16
    ・Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '13
    ・Citroën DS 21 Pallas '70

- Hideo Kodama
    ・BMW i3 '15
    ・Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe '54
    ・ Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster '60
    ・Suzuki Swift Sport '17
    ・Toyota Sport 800 '65

- Tom Matano
    ・AMG Mercedes AMG C 63 S '15
    ・AMG 300 SEL 6.8 AMG '71
    ・Honda S660 '15
    ・Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV '15
    ・Mazda Demio XD Touring '15

- Shiro Nakamura
    ・BMW M3 Coupé '07
    ・De Tomaso Pantera '71
    ・Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64

- Ed Welburn
    ・Chevrolet Camaro SS '16
    ・Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Package '18
    ・Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 '19
    ・Pontiac GTO 'The Judge' '69

CHARACTERS
   - Jeremy
    ・Honda RA272 '65
    ・Honda S800 '66
    ・McLaren MP4/4 '88
    ・Porsche 911 Carrera RS (901) '73

9. GT Auto
 - Thirteen new paint colors have been added to the Real Car Paint section of the Paint Shop.

10. Sport
 - Race events that only allow for certain Car Settings to be adjusted have been added.

11. Lobby
 - "Results" button to display the race result after a qualifier or race has been added.

12. Controller
 - Engine startup sound and haptic vibration have been added when changing cars in the "Garage" while using a PlayStation®5 DualSense™ wireless controller.

13. Race Screen
 - Added a "Display Car Info Only" option in the Race Info Display section of Display Settings
 - Added the same option in the Race Info Display section of the replay options available during a replay

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Cars
 - We fixed an issue in which the amount of downforce set would increase if Rear "Type A" parts were attached to the following cars:
 ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96
 ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR '98
 ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. SCP '99

- We changed the display for the Peugeot L500R Hybrid VGT 2017 to now include the power output from the motor in the vehicle's max power. (This does not affect the vehicle's performance when driving or its Performance Points.)
 - We stabilized how the Dodge SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo behaves during the rolling start of an online race.

2. Tracks
 - We adjusted the penalty system algorithm at the following two sections on the Daytona International Speedway Road Course:
  ・Pit Lane Exit
  ・Chicane Exit (Turn 11)

3. Steering Controllers
 - We fixed an issue in which the screen would occasionally freeze for 1.5 seconds when using a Fanatec® steering wheel controller.

4. Localization
 - Fixed various text localization issues.

5. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.

Con-Z-epT

Angry Cameron Diaz GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Cmon man, these homeboys like 7 seconds ahead......

I went to bed happy. This morning:

Season 6 Episode 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

It's actually a pretty good system to ensure an somewhat equal playing field.

The pairing also highly depends on the time of day you play.

omegasc

Grand Valley Circuit Experience was a little hard! It's a GTR so you have to be careful with your throttle input when not using traction control. The track is fun and amazing, though.
Challenged Sophy on all levels for Tsukuba and it really behaves a lot better than the 'orginal' AI. And it is FAST. Had to use defensive lines in the 1v1 to win! The AI even went out of line to get slipstream and got back before turn in and all.

edit: GTPlanet users reporting lots of undocumented changes in graphics as well. I'll check Deep Forest as it has (had?) some frame skipping issues in spots. "Good thing" I got 2nd in Human Comedy there yesterday (miscalculated refuel lol) and have yet to get the gold :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Some really tricky corners in Grand Valley. Especially in the southern layout. A real blast with Gr.3 cars. However the most fun i had with a maxed out SRT Viper without a wing where i would run endlessly in the time trial and just drift around the hills.

Still have to try a race against Sophy, my day is just too short...

Markio128

Some really tricky corners in Grand Valley. Especially in the southern layout. A real blast with Gr.3 cars. However the most fun i had with a maxed out SRT Viper without a wing where i would run endlessly in the time trial and just drift around the hills.

Still have to try a race against Sophy, my day is just too short...
Sophy is great. I had a blast for an hour today and managed the expert golds on the first track. I couldn’t beat the 1 v 1 race though.
It really bodes well for future updates.

omegasc

Sophy is great. I had a blast for an hour today and managed the expert golds on the first track. I couldn’t beat the 1 v 1 race though.
It really bodes well for future updates.
I had to go full defense mode in the end, a bit wide on the last corner by an inch and we went almost side by side to the finish line but I got it. She's fast!

edit: finished the Deep Forest Human Comedy race, something seems improved, but I am pretty sure skipping got worse in the corner leading to the tunnel. They did improve distance some things are rendered. And loading seem slower for some parts. I was hoping they added VRR but I guess the engine does not work well with it.

Last edited:
I think Sophy finds great holes in your driving and goes for it but also plenty of times it just full on slammed me from behind as well as on the sides, its super aggressive. If we are talking about realism, this isnt really how a real driver would race. Plus it never gets a penalty either. I felt like I was driving against a human opponent but the one with bad sportsmanship.

Last edited:
Top Bottom