• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Markio128

Search for the track! Changed to Nordlscheife, tourist layout. 2 laps. You will see it in the title! It's called: Everchanging Tracks / Gr. 3 / Bop / 5 Laps <- this time 2 ;-)
Found the room but I just get a connection to session has timed out ☹️ I’ll try again

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Lobby is open. Same name as yesterday. We are running Sardegna, layout C, backwards. If you want in just search for the track and than look for the title. Will update the track at the end of the post since its changing a lot. Will run an hour or two.

tommib tommib DeepEnigma DeepEnigma SLB1904 SLB1904 GladiusFrog GladiusFrog Markio128 Markio128 Tiago Rodrigues Tiago Rodrigues sncvsrtoip sncvsrtoip Rac3r Rac3r *Nightwing *Nightwing

Hey R6Rider R6Rider since you reinstalled the game i expect to see you! Otherwise we need to report you! :messenger_beaming:

Comedy Sketch GIF by NETFLIX

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Lobby is open. Same name as yesterday. We are running Sardegna, layout C, backwards. If you want in just search for the track and than lock for the title. Will update the track at the end of the post since its changing a lot. Will run an hour or two.

tommib tommib DeepEnigma DeepEnigma SLB1904 SLB1904 GladiusFrog GladiusFrog Markio128 Markio128 Tiago Rodrigues Tiago Rodrigues sncvsrtoip sncvsrtoip Rac3r Rac3r *Nightwing *Nightwing

Hey R6Rider R6Rider since you reinstalled the game i expect to see you! Otherwise we need to report you! :messenger_beaming:

I can get on in maybe 10 hrs

speed vans GIF

tommib

Lobby is open. Same name as yesterday. We are running Sardegna, layout C, backwards. If you want in just search for the track and than lock for the title. Will update the track at the end of the post since its changing a lot. Will run an hour or two.

What’s happening? What do I need to do? Lol

Is there something else for today's update or is it just the 3 cars?

I hope we get a meaty update closer to this year's fall. I need new menus god damn it.
I would also like it if they had more variety with these 3 monthly cars...also these Vision Gran Turismo cars aren't all that.
I hope they start to have more vintage models. That's where Gran Turismo truly shines.

SLB1904

Banned

Track is now Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
nice. just got home from work. will jump in. let get ready,

also yeah gran turismo trolled us. i knew the update was nothing

I knew track wasnt coming

their schedule seems to be: Layout(spa) - nothing - nothing - Watkins Glen - nothing - nothing - Catalunya Layouts- nothing - nothing (we're here) - next track.

So it's on the next patch, quote me on that

SLB1904

Banned

their schedule seems to be: Layout(spa) - nothing - nothing - Watkins Glen - nothing - nothing - Catalunya Layouts- nothing - nothing (we're here) - next track.

The problem is the twitter handler hyped people for no reason

jm89

Atleast hoping for some new decent events. Hopefully less of that extra cafe menu bollocks.

PaintTinJr

Pretty surprised how addicted I've been to GT7 - abandoning my online only boycott about a month ago.
The PS5 upgrade patch was a total shakedown, but I've more than had my monies' worth from the single player, and loving the game.

From playing I've managed to damage both my dualsense left-sticks - tearing the rubber caps off in normal play - from too much opposing forces getting gold on Laguna Sec Circuit experience with that poor handling Dodge Viper Gr.4. It probably took +20hrs total of racing on that alone, which is more than double the time I spent on any of the individual golds to get all my licenses up to and including my International A license.

Anyhow, I have 3.3Million credits earned from my efforts so far and am considering earning another 300k to be able to buy the top Ferrari. With that type of credit in mind do any of you have any recommendations for consideration, instead?

GladiusFrog

Come in! Open lobby.

Everchanging Tracks / Gr. 3 / BoP / 5 Laps / Just havin fun!

Typ that in! We are on Watkins Glen, full layout. -> Changed to the "Nordschleife - tourist layout"... with 2 laps...

DeepEnigma DeepEnigma sncvsrtoip sncvsrtoip Tiago Rodrigues Tiago Rodrigues Markio128 Markio128 Rac3r Rac3r R6Rider R6Rider @mortal @EverydayBeast SLB1904 SLB1904 @TGO @shubik @Certinty @DJ12 @Spukc @8BiTw0LF help me!

Search for the track and look for the title!
Looks like I missed today, But good to know we have some community get togethers in GT7! I'll try and be there next time!

Con-Z-epT

Looks like I missed today, But good to know we have some community get togethers in GT7! I'll try and be there next time!
Hard to get together with so many time zones but i wanted to race with all of you so badly so i just tried.

Today we got tommib tommib and 22:22:22 22:22:22 together for some cool races. Was a real blast! And we just missed you and SLB1904 SLB1904 buy seconds.

You can also suggest times if you want! Will do another one tomorrow between 15:00 and 18:00 CET.

Markio128

Hard to get together with so many time zones but i wanted to race with all of you so badly so i just tried.

Today we got tommib tommib and 22:22:22 22:22:22 together for some cool races. Was a real blast! And we just missed you and SLB1904 SLB1904 buy seconds.

You can also suggest times if you want! Will do another one tomorrow between 15:00 and 18:00 CET.
Too early for me, but I’ll hopefully catch up with some of you over the weekend

If you get to make lobbies on the weekend I'm in, can't play now unfortunately. Hope tomorrow's patch has some QoL.

They are sitting on some video settings like 1440p120, and the ability to sell cars. God knows when it's planned to release.

Also, VRR? I guess it's the only Sony game without, oh and Returnal too

Con-Z-epT

Guys i'm a shitty ass player. I'll never play this online without being annonymous, but thanks for inviting me. Maybe in 2 years :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Come on man, don't be like that! It's not about winning, it's about having fun with the community and getting together. We changed the track after every race and had just 5 laps on short circuits. Bumping into each other, chasing the leader, waiting for others, living the moment and cheering when someone nailed a corner. This was never about high competitive racing. Just some fools vrooming. :messenger_grinning:

Last edited:

tommib

Guys i'm a shitty ass player. I'll never play this online without being annonymous, but thanks for inviting me. Maybe in 2 years :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Don’t be afraid. I was scared shitless of conzept and then he fucked up his tires and I won! You’ll do better than what you think. I’m also a single player gamer but you’ll do fine!

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Latest updates broken the game for me.

Won’t connect to the server saying I need to update the game to play it.

It has just done the update and no further update is available.

Anyone else?

Con-Z-epT

Update Details (1.23)​

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of the main features and adjustments introduced.

Main Features Implemented​

1. Cars
 - The following three new cars have been added:
  ・Nissan Silvia K's Type S (S14) ’94 (Purchasable at 'Legend Cars' from 29 September);
  ・Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Spyder
  ・Volkswagen ID.R '19

2. Café
- The following Menu Book has been added:
 ・Menu Book No. 45: 'The Silvia Sisters' (Collector Level 27 and above);
- The following two Extra Menus have been added:
 ・Extra Menu No. 8: 'Collection: Corvette' (Collector Level 20 and above);
 ・Extra Menu No. 9: 'Collection: Mid-engine Porsche' (Collector Level 45 and above;

The new Menu Books and Extra Menus will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 ('Championship: World GT Series') and having watched the ending.

3. World Circuits
 - The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・Silvia Sisters
   - Willows Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs
   - Tsukuba Circuit
   - Deep Forest Raceway Reverse
  ・Japanese FR Challenge 450
   - Autopolis International Racing Course
  ・American Clubman Cup 700
   - Trial Mountain Circuit
  ・World Touring Car 800
   - Tokyo Expressway East Clockwise

‘World Touring Car 800’ will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 ('Championship: World GT Series') and having watched the ending.

4. Scapes
 - The ‘California II’ and ‘Tokyo II’ locations have been added as featured Curations in Scapes.

5. Livery Editor
 - Added six MAZDA SPIRIT RACING logo decals. These can be selected in the Livery Editor when the current car is a Mazda.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Lobby / Meeting Place / Sport
 - Improved network connectivity;
 - Fixed an issue wherein the car would not move again if stopped using the handbrake in the pitlane during a Practice on the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Rallycross Layout;
 - Fixed an issue wherein the ‘My Record’ time displayed during a race would be incorrect in an Online Time Trial;
 - The cursor will move to 'Exit' when pressing the cancel button in the Quick Menu. When selecting 'Exit' the dialogue 'Do you want to quit?' will now be displayed.

2. Race Screen
 - Fixed an issue wherein the refuelling indicator would be incorrect in races with fuel consumption enabled.

3. Licence Centre
 - Fixed an issue wherein the ghost car would be positioned in a different starting position to the player if 'Display Demonstration Ghost' was turned on in Licence 'S-8' and 'S-10.'

4. Car Settings
 - Changed the calculation of the Performance Points (PP) in ‘Car Settings’ so that measurements are taken with stock Differential Gear (LSD) and Suspension settings.

5. Garage
 - Fixed an issue wherein changing the settings of the current car in 'Garage' would cause that car to be listed at the top even when the sorting order was set as 'By Date Acquired';
 - Fixed an issue wherein the sorting order was incorrect when ‘Last Used’ was selected from the ‘Change Car’ menu.

6. Steering Controllers
 - Added support for the Logitech® G PRO Racing Wheel;
 - Added a button configuration menu for the Fanatec® Podium in ‘Options’ > ‘Controllers';
 - Added the ability to connect to a different shifter from the one currently being used for Fanatec steering controllers;
 - Added rotary encoder support for Fanatec steering controllers. (Models which feature rotary encoders such as the Clubsport Steering Wheel Formula V2 can be used);

7. Others
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Con-Z-epT

Latest updates broken the game for me.

Won’t connect to the server saying I need to update the game to play it.

It has just done the update and no further update is available.

Anyone else?

At the following time, we will perform game update maintenance on the Gran Turismo 7 servers.

[Day & Time]​

September 28, 2022, 23:00 - 01:00 PDT
September 29, 2022, 06:00 - 08:00 UTC

Edit: Should work just fine now. At least it is for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom