• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOW Ragnarok unsurprisingly has leaks all over the Internet

anthony2690

Banned
You’re doing it wrong! If the story is good spoilers don’t ruin anything! Be free!

FML
No, I think looking forward to seeing how the story progresses in a game is great, same with bosses, mechanics and all that good stuff :)

I actually think a lot of trailers tend to spoil a little too much now days with games, as nothing is really a surprise anymore.

:p

Fredrik

Sony will give a top secret surprise, like an NFT, Free to play or always online or some top secret shit... Like Gran Turismo.
Would be awesome to change the story in a day 1 patch and troll both reviewers and people who spoil so they have to play the game after launch and after day 1 patches like the rest of us.

Mephisto40

Would be awesome to change the story in a day 1 patch and troll both reviewers and people who spoil so they have to play the game after launch and after day 1 patches like the rest of us.
I'm sure I remember a game doing this before? can't put my finger on which one though

Last edited:

tommib

But doesn't "knowing what happens" supposedly spoils the story, regardless of how you came to know it? Its not like RDR2 really had any "surprise" to compensate for that either.

Dunno, probably the same reason why i feel people who think a good story is consisted of shocks and plotwists never picked up a book in their lives.
Nice, calling literature graduates illiterates.

BTW, Returnal game of the generation and nothing comes close.

Guilty_AI

Expectations. People wanted to know how the story plays out.
Why are you trying to die on that hill lol?
It was merely an interesting thing about storytelling, then people got angry and defensive for some reason lol. I genuinely expected more people to agree that the story they like is much more than some plot twist or surprising event.

What books are you reading? The English Dictionary? HTML for Dummies?

Name me one story that doesn't have a single plot twist or shock in it?!?
You wouldn't know the ones i did read since they're local. So one i didn't but know the author spoils the story at the very beginning:

A Judgement in Stone, detective story.
The story starts with "Eunice Parchman killed the Coverdale family because she could not read or write"

Mephisto40

You wouldn't know the ones i did read since they're local. So one i didn't but know the author spoils the story at the very beginning:

A Judgement in Stone, detective story.
The story starts with "Eunice Parchman killed the Coverdale family because she could not read or write"
Can't see myself enjoying a book that gets spoiled on the first page, but each to their own I guess

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Oh what a surprise. Is Kratos killed by his toxic masculinity?

If that ever happened(dunno, don't follow spoilers or leaks for this game) I can picture the modern gaming articles:
- Kratos deserved to die in my opinion
- Why Kratos was bad and his death is actually a good thing
- Does his son will fix the toxicity his father created?
- The dead of an enemy. Why games should move away from characters like him
- Female gamers rejoice! 6 reasons for why Kratos death was the right call.

Last edited:

Fake

TLOUSpart2 all over again I presume.

Hope I'm wrong in this one, but ToXic MaScUlInItY Kratos must die because social media.

SLB1904

Banned
I genuinely expected more people to agree that the story they like is much more than some plot twist or surprising event.
No shit. But we like to uncovered stuff as we go.

I mean when abbie killed Joel it would have more impact for me if i didnt know Joel will die by the person he saved. So yeah it ruins the moment

Fbh

Thankfully I don't use social media (aside from Gaf) so as long as no one here starts posting spoilers I should be fine.

I think it's amazing that they have Atreus come out as trans right in the middle of a boss fight.

"Father! My pronouns are they/them!" he screams, as Kratos scoops out the cyclops's eyeball.

Yeah but I'd be lying if I said I will not miss Kratos going "BOY".
"Gender neutral offspring person" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Flutta

Banned
Waiting for the woke crap to leak so i can decide if I’ll give Sony any money or maybe wait for a PC port 😎

Flutta

Banned
If that ever happened(dunno, don't follow spoilers or leaks for this game) I can picture the modern gaming articles:
Watch the franchise die a beautiful death if they get rid of Kratos 🤣

OZ9000

Banned
RetardEra and Kotaku rejoicing

Pretty sure we'll learn that Kratos was racist, as well. His death being a fitting end.

I looked for these leaks everywhere and couldn't find any, if anyone have it please send me a message or post it here under a spoiler of course.

Or how everything is Woke and making fanfiction with non-binary characters. The whole thread is full of LGBTQ+ posts. A lot of closeted pronouns in this thread.
Some people have sickness but they can't admit it, because a insane person doesn't know he is insane. like them they don't understand that they are bigots. But that is from both sides, the woke don't understand that they are pretendious and biased towards some issues and see everything with a narrow mind and everything that is not liberal or does not have diversity is literal Nazism...
and the other side that are thinking they are the antiwoke aka the normal but a small hint of someone being gay (which if you read little history you will understand it existed thousands years ago) or some diversity then it's woke and communist.

I also dont like woke bullshit and hate forced diversity. But i will take example the thread titled game ,when PS showed a small clip of a brown girl one Forum was crying wokism and the other praising non stop for inclusivity.
But for me it was just a cool character that i wanted to know more of, not some forced inclusivity or woke. Not everything is the same and we can't put all in one category.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Not shocked.

Don't care regardless. Will avoid.

Not that long until release day so.

I'll always judge a game based on what I'm playing myself, I feel sorry for those that avoided The Last Of Us 2 based on leaks and its funny years later to hear them repeat the most false shit that makes no sense and you think "oh....so you avoided a game based on what someone else said, based on something that isn't true.? sad" lol

Badlucktroll Badlucktroll Sure but, its called The GOD of war, not simply "Kratos Da Kratos" lol It could be about him in the future and I wouldn't give a fuck. Even Uncharted, anyone can play that role though, he was literally taught by a guy that did the same fucking thing he did lol Its not like it was some thing only 1 FUCKING PERSON could do, the series is literally about many people doing it.

Last edited:

Chiggs

Maybe we can get a spoiler thread going? I've seen the leaks and they're too good not to discuss. One in particular makes me really happy.

EDMIX

If Kratos goes out like a chump like Joel did.. :messenger_unamused:

This mean literally dies like every game, it would be weird if he didn't die at this point lol

I love how Joel got it too...=)

He got it the way he gave it and I love the story even more for going that direction instead of fake, bullsht, child comic book death with some dumbass speech trying to make him a hero saving a bus full of nuns or some shit. Its so cringe its not even funny. Based on the universe of the game, it made complete sense for him to go out like that.

In real life, no one is out here trying to be nice regarding something like that, though its rare someone gets to get revenge on someone that killed a family member, it does happen though. On First 48, they had a case where someone killed some dude that killed their little brother years prior, he got a light sentence or was out on parole and the person found him and shot him in the head like 5 times, no fucking speech, no hero death, the person had no time to react or anything. There is a case a last year where a lady found someone that killed her brother a few days prior, tracked him down and killed him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom