• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham Knights apparently is locked 4k/30fps on consoles

Naru

Dibils2k Dibils2k
Then your engine clearly isn't as good as the other one (you most likely don't have access to, I get it but still). It's still fair to compare those titles though.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Oh No What GIF by Identity

jm89

There is really no one there... if Spider-Man Miles Morales can run at 60 AND has RT enabled with a full city, why can't this game?

There is nothing more i hate in video games then dead ass open words, if all the open world has to offer is sporadically placed enemies and loot items then just do a linear game instead of wasting dev time and player time. Too many Ls that i don't ever see them fixing.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

There is really no one there... if Spider-Man Miles Morales can run at 60 AND has RT enabled with a full city, why can't this game?

That was added later via patch.

Same thing could happen with this, which is a multiplatform release without the unlimited budget of Sony backing it.

GymWolf

The combat looks much more decent when people know how to play, too bad the hit sound effects are weaker than arkham series but the impact and exagerated ragdoll are here (watched a leaked clip in reeeee)

Since i was never a big (or even little) fanboy of free flow combat, i'm curious to see how they differentiate the whole thing, i don't give a fuck about the lack of a counter button tbh.

Last edited:

Larxia

I'm really, really confused at people making fun of the city being "empty", while even if not a lot, it does have some pedestrians and cars, while the Arkham games never had any.
I mean yes, I agree it's really quite empty compared to other open world, the irony is just that everyone say arkham games were better on all fronts, but meanwhile people laugh at the dead streets while arkham games were worse on that point.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Plague Tale: Requiem also confirmed 30fps only (with lots of screen tearing). Reports of this on Reddit:

Plague Tale runs with an unlocked FPS and it seems like the pre-day 1 patched version isn't hitting 60 that often. The developer have said on twitter that they want all players to wait for the day 1 patch

PS:

TpcuZab.png

DiEmJVx.png

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned

Holy shit, the sponge level is far too fucking high for random goons. The combat doesn't look even a little satisfying because you're tickling them with god damn feathers with that chip damage.

Also, did everyone just move out of Gotham or something?

It looks like a dead MMO or a game Alpha test where they're just making sure the environments don't crash the game.

It's no good to have a huge map if it's so vacant.

jaysius

Banned
Different levels of tech and talent.
Like I've said, this is a budget AAA game, it's really not even a AAA game at all, it's just a shitty attempt to cash in on the Avengers formula(that sucked) by WB. It's some shit that an exec said they needed in their portfolio because it was the "NEXT BIG MONEY MAKER", and they scrambled to get a C team of hacks to cobble something together.

Hot5pur

The impressions on the subreddit are pretty good from people who've played it.
Some reporting playtime of 25 hours, another 30-40 hours.
The combat apparently gets quite complex later on and new enemies keep showing up, so lots of variety.
There is also a bit of an endgame. Seems like it will be a solid game, unless you're going to sit there counting frames. Then less fun.

SJRB

Gold Member
The impressions on the subreddit are pretty good from people who've played it.
Some reporting playtime of 25 hours, another 30-40 hours.
The combat apparently gets quite complex later on and new enemies keep showing up, so lots of variety.
There is also a bit of an endgame. Seems like it will be a solid game, unless you're going to sit there counting frames. Then less fun.

That subreddit is high on copium, they literally remove negative threads.

Some more gameplay:

The bike looks absurd. It has all these speed lines but is actually moving at about 30mph.

I won't buy 30fps games now outside of a few Switch games that are unlikely to come to anything else (except maybe an emulator heh). If this becomes commonplace I will get 30fps stuff on PC or just not bother if they are exclusives - a big OLED with instant pixel response + 30FPS is unbearable for me.

Jayjayhd34

Gamers are not idiots we know what changing settings means.
Just put a quality/performance profile in there. It would make everyone happy, no?
If it was that simple they would do it. Why is it not simple is the question. That could be co op or number factors. This game was in development hell for very long time and origins also performance issues (same developers) so say probably the team too they also got develop for four platforms and that adds it's pressure.

console gamers are in rough ride when it comes to multiplatform games this gen no matter your opinions on series s having that extra platform does take extra time and development can't go on forever.

jaysius

Banned

Some more gameplay:

Wow, it really looks like the bike is on some kind of snap-to grid system when they're driving, also with combat, why the fuck did they do that?

The pop in while on bike is pretty hilarious.

This game looks like it should have come out about 5 years ago from all the design blunders.

marjo

Some more gameplay:

I have to admit as someone who felt the hate for this game was overblown and unwarranted, those videos look really really bad. Like 'I can't believe this is real' bad.

Top Bottom