• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall requires an internet connection (PS+ not required for solo play - see OP)

PlayStation’s official website has confirmed that Godfall on PS5 will require an internet connection and PS Plus to play the game, even if you are playing through the looter-slasher alone.

Found on the official website, underneath the pre-order button, there are two caveats highlighted stating that the game will require both a PlayStation Plus subscription and an internet connection to play. This is disappointing to hear, especially for those who would have played through the game on their own. As a whole, this will mean that you will need to spend more than $70 to play Godfall when you factor in the PlayStation Plus subscription’s price on top of the base game.[\quote]

First time I heard this. This is even required for offline, single player. The information can be found on the official PlayStation site. I still plan on getting Godfall, but for me this unexpected and even disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator:
We should wait until the game is actually released before speculating. Maybe this is a restriction for the people that are previewing the consoles.

Perhaps which is why I put the question mark in the title, but I have a feeling that is probably finalized and legitimate especially considering it’s on the official PlayStation site. We’ll see.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Why would it be on the game site though?
Good point. I typically like to be skeptical of what may seem like bad news headline fud, when approaching a console launch. There are a lot of people that like to rain on people's parades. We will see how it pans out soon.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I bet that there will be an about turn on this. I will not be buying this even on a deep sale of this is a requirement. Utter nonsense if the game can be played fully as a single player experience.

Last edited:
It's a shared world like Destiny I think? Maybe I'm missing something? Same people who have played Destiny and haven't had a problem with it shouldn't have a problem with this one. Unless hypocrisy is involved of course.

Last edited:

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
giphy.gif

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
This desperate attempt in trying to frame this coming next generation as a "roles reversed" situation from 2013 between Sony and Microsoft, is the most pathetic fucking thing I've seen in years.

Didn't know Sony Interactive Entertainment was the publisher of Godfall?

Concern

Depends, if like me you work all over the country, not all hotels etc have internet and many that do have poor connections... i take my ps4 and switch with me everywhere... id hate this.

Thats a legitimate issue. But most people are just complaining to complain if we're being honest.

Not a fan of Destiny, so this doesn't interest me either anyway.

LordOfChaos

It's a shared world like Destiny I think? Maybe I'm missing something? Same people who have played Destiny and haven't had a problem with it shouldn't have a problem with this one. Unless hypocrisy is involved of course.

You don't need paid PSN to play Destiny, just the multiplayer of course, but you can run through the campaign on your own without paid PSN. Edit: And yes, before it was free to play too.

If this just needs networking, no big deal, but if it requires paid PSN for solo play that's odd.

Last edited:

Dogman

You don't need paid PSN to play Destiny, just the multiplayer of course, but you can run through the campaign on your own without paid PSN.

If this just needs networking, no big deal, but if it requires paid PSN for solo play that's odd.
Destiny is free-to-play. F2P games dont need PS Plus for online. Godfall is not F2P

You don't need paid PSN to play Destiny, just the multiplayer of course, but you can run through the campaign on your own without paid PSN.

Division 1 & 2 can be played 100% solo and can't be played without PS+. Diablo 4 when it comes out will guaranteed be online only on all platforms.

Top Bottom