• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Ragnarök x PS5 bundle announced, available November 9

ReBurn

Gold Member
interesting.

GOW does not required a bundle to sell.

Unless there theres a huge PS5 stock incoming????
Sony is focusing on bundles to ensure they turn a profit on console sales. Sure, GOW is going to sell on its own, but Sony wants to make profit on each PS5 sold. It's probably pretty fair to say that with the recent price increases they're probably not making profit on hardware any more.

??? What‘s the point of this? Is it at least cheaper than buying the game and console separately? No custom design sort of makes this seem completely pointless other than if for some reason someone just really wants a printed cardboard box with nice images on it.

Last edited:
Whats funny is i don’t think I’ve ever bought a new console that didn’t come bundled with a game.

Nintendo- Mario + Duckhunt
Sega Genesis - Sonic The Hedgehog
Super Nintendo - Mario All-Stars
N64 - Diddy Kong Racing
Dreamcast - Sonic Adventure
PS2 - Don’t remember (maybe nothing)
PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 4
Xbox - jet set radio future
360 - i think i bought it off ebay with a bunch of games ( so another exception)
PS4 - Uncharted 4

EDMIX

Whats funny is i don’t think I’ve ever bought a new console that didn’t come bundled with a game.

N64 - Diddy Kong Racing
PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 4
360 - i think i bought it off ebay with a bunch of games ( so another exception)
PS4 - Uncharted 4

Now that I think about it, PS4 might be the only system I ever got with no bundle.

I was trying to get the PS5 with no bundle, but its hard as fuck to find one lol I just settled for that COD MW2 bundle from Sony direct as I wasn't missing the games coming fall or spring looking for a single unit sku or something.

I'm just selling my copy of COD MW2...problem solved lol

Now that I think about it, PS4 might be the only system I ever got with no bundle.

I was trying to get the PS5 with no bundle, but its hard as fuck to find one lol I just settled for that COD MW2 bundle from Sony direct as I wasn't missing the games coming fall or spring looking for a single unit sku or something.

I'm just selling my copy of COD MW2...problem solved lol

Last week they had ps5 physicals with no bundles

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Sony is focusing on bundles to ensure they turn a profit on console sales. Sure, GOW is going to sell on its own, but Sony wants to make profit on each PS5 sold. It's probably pretty fair to say that with the recent price increases they're probably not making profit on hardware any more.
the ps5 still sold out in a short time so far. there is no oversupply issue from Sony.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Uhhh thanks for the code (with a disc system) and slightly more interesting cardboard box I guess..

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
The bundles were always designed to be cash grabs. The only bundles that weren’t over MSRP is usually the slim model bundles once the console has been out for some time.

If your looking to buy a PS5 right now, 9 times out of 10 your also looking to pick up GOW or COD or Horizon FB so don’t see the issue with the bundles. No one buys a console without games.

I always preffered to buy my console with no games so I could pick the ones I want or buy games on sale. Being forced to buy and bundle in is not a "feature". And if you go back into the past, you will see many example of game bundles with little or no added cost in an attempt to move hardware, not to jack up the msrp.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

Did you just come to Earth this week?

Usually bundled games get dismissed when they're free with the console. Now its this. Did you not see the CoD and Fifa PS5 bundles? How about Xbox Series bundles?

What will be the bundle boogie man next gen....stay tuned.

Exactly. But you know good n well this doesn't count for massive reasons.

I think every Switch bundle was more due to the game it came with.

Here's another one:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Bundle-with-Mario-Kart-8-Deluxe/702974414

Just saw your edit, lol.

👍

Lol the mario bundle is a perfect example of what I was saying, it was included at the same price as the consoles regular price, not increased $50. It was free, It was hardly dismissed, it sold like hotcakes, one of the switch's most popular games. Shocking we are looking to Nintendo for an example of what bundles should be.

THE DUCK

N64 - Diddy Kong Racing
PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 4
PS4 - Uncharted 4

So ask yourself, out of these bundles, how many where above the msrp of the console?
Probably very few. This illustrates my point of how this is different. Now if Sony had launched gow bundle at the same price, sure, cool.

So ask yourself, out of these bundles, how many where above the msrp of the console?
Probably very few. This illustrates my point of how this is different. Now if Sony had launched gow bundle at the same price, sure, cool.

What are you talking about? Both the Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 deluxe bundles were priced at 379.99

https://www.destructoid.com/theres-a-super-mario-odyssey-switch-bundle-that-comes-with-two-red-joy-con/#:~:text=The special edition Super Mario,over buying the items individually.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...ilable-right-now-at-gamestop/?sh=24443ccf1335

That includes in-store and online purchases. The new Switch bundles are pretty basic, just a console and a game at MSRP.

Here's what the game retailer has now while supplies last:

Bundles at $359.99:

• Nintendo Switch and Mario Kart 8 (Grey)
  • Nintendo Switch and The Legend of Zelda (Grey)
  • Nintendo Switch and Splatoon 2 (Neon)

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Lol the mario bundle is a perfect example of what I was saying, it was included at the same price as the consoles regular price, not increased $50. It was free, It was hardly dismissed, it sold like hotcakes, one of the switch's most popular games. Shocking we are looking to Nintendo for an example of what bundles should be.
Ok. now you are making it easy to dismiss your opinions....

The Switch is $299.

The is the regular Switch, not the OLED. The bundles that were posted were for the regular Switch.

Last edited:

RCU005

interesting.

GOW does not required a bundle to sell.

Unless there theres a huge PS5 stock incoming????

I believe this bundle is meant to sell PS5s not the game. Otherwise, it would’ve been a special edition or at least include the special edition dualsense.

Sony is all about selling whatever stock they weren’t able to produce because of the pandemic. They have all the intention to recover and then some.

And it’s weird because the PS5 was always sold out, but they know they could’ve sold so much more

THE DUCK

Ok. now you are making it easy to dismiss your opinions....

The Switch is $299.

The is the regular Switch, not the OLED. The bundles that were posted were for the regular Switch.

In Canada, the mario kart bundle was the exact same price as the console without a game. There was also a case/Nintendo online bundle for the same price.

Last edited:

Jaybe

I think it’s also to stop scalpers from simply buying just the base ps5 and flipping it. Most people buying this GOWR bundle will be actual gamers that want to play the game.

jroc74

In Canada, the mario kart bundle was the exact same price as the console without a game. There was also a case/Nintendo online bundle for the same price.

So your issue isn't bundles that cost more, it's bundles in specific regions that cost more.

You may as well be upset prices are different in different countries for any product then.

THE DUCK

So your issue isn't bundles that cost more, it's bundles in specific regions that cost more.

You may as well be upset prices are different in different countries for any product then.

Pretty sure that same bundle was the same price as the core in other regions as well.

sendit

Videogames are hardly a necessity. Not everyone that plays them can spend 70 dollars per game. Or 80 euros in Europe. There's european countries where the minimum wages are 700€ Imagine spending 80€ in a single game for those people.

It's a big world out there and the possibility of a recession is also getting closer.

You should check some countries minimum wages before saying people are making horrible life choices. Plus how the dollar is now worth quite a lot more than even the Euro, which is why there's huge increases in prices everywhere outside of america.
gonna cry tobey maguire GIF

Live within your means. If 70 dollars is going to sting or break you, maybe gaming isn’t the right hobby.

Last edited:

jroc74

Last edited:

THE DUCK

THE DUCK

All PS5s come bundled with a banger : Astro's Playroom

Yes, we are well aware that ASTRO is amazing, but way to short to be considered a true aaa bundle title. In fact I suspect many owners don't even try it. (Thier loss)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
NPD for this month should be super interesting given Sony seems to be stepping up production. Those consoles will be gone in no time.

Top Bottom