• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Ragnarök x PS5 bundle announced, available November 9

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
People get mad over special edition consoles all the time Sony is playing it safe by nature, I got the earth Vader edition ps4 at least its design was good. I get why Sony went original.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
With out custom editions in these bundles it just feels like they holding back stock of regular one instead of doing something cool like the old days. Man that destiny PlayStation was freaking awesome.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Why would they make a custom console when they can sell you the custom faceplates for £30 separately?
giphy.webp

People get mad over special edition consoles all the time Sony is playing it safe by nature, I got the earth Vader edition ps4 at least its design was good. I get why Sony went original.

Yeah, im assuming they just dont want to sell that many special edition consoles, which are usually limited, these will be standard.

If they wanted they could have easily included the camo plates with the MW2 bundles but people probably don’t want them like that. Also I assume they would charge more like most special edition consoles which would be another controversy. 600 dollar PS5’s

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
These cheap lazy fucks couldn’t even include the God of War controller with the God of War bundle lmfao

Exentryk

Might as well buy both the console and physical copy of the game separately. At least you can sell the physical copy of the game later if needed.

Give me these ones

god-of-war-custom-playstation-5-banner.jpg

I'll pay jimbo prices for those.
I have no idea how good it would look, but skins in wood color are available and then glue some plastic junk of an axe + shield + omega pin necklace keychain or whatever on it and it might look okayish. The picture probably is another level.
But if you really would pay good money, I guess there are people who would do a custom design. Jimbo might not do it personally though.

Last edited:
Finally we are out of the egregious bundling of the shockingly average & boring Forbidden West (I guess its sales will now drop to the bottom then)

It wasn’t average or boring though, 88 on metacritic is still one of the highest rated games of the year, and only one of like 3 actual AAA games above an 85. Even without bundling the game is 4th best selling in the US.

My first platinum for this year and tied with Elden Ring for GOTY so far for me.

Now i wonder whether the narrative will be if the PS5 needed Ragnarok to sell units after the price hike or Ragnarok needed the PS5 to break its first record:pie_thinking:

Last edited:
It wasn’t average or boring though, 88 on metacritic is still one of the highest rated games of the year, and only one of like 3 actual AAA games above an 85. Even without bundling the game is 4th best selling in the US.

My first platinum for this year and tied with Elden Ring for GOTY so far for me.

Now i wonder whether the narrative will be if the PS5 needed Ragnarok to sell units after the price hike or Ragnarok needed the PS5 to break its first record:pie_thinking:

dont forget to mention that NPD doesnt include bundles, so funnily, bundles made it actually chart lower than it would have.

Last edited:
Take out the indie games that don’t even have half the amount of reviews (a lot of them are barely double digits) and Horizon Forbidden West is the pretty much the second highest rated game of the year. People are really trying to speak its failure into existence still lol

rNr33rH.jpg

Last edited:

Elios83

I guess this game has bombed since they have to bundle it.
They already know it's gonna bomb, it's preemptive :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Seriously this is gonna last seconds....they could have done custom faceplates and sell them for everyone...hopefully that happens in the future.

Take out the indie games that don’t even have half the amount of reviews (a lot of them are barely double digits) and Horizon Forbidden West is the pretty much the second highest rated game of the year. People are really trying to speak its failure into existence still lol

rNr33rH.jpg
This year only had 3 games above 90. Forbidden West is literally an 88. People will just say anything at this point.

splattered

Man i honestly HATE that there isn't a smaller chassis option yet, THIS is the bundle i would finally get if the console itself wasn't so goddamn big. FIX YOUR UGLY SHIT SONY.

NickFire

I sensibly chuckle when I see official PS5 bundles get listed right now. They seem so unnecessary at the current moment since these things appear to still sell out quickly regardless of bundled games. But it is nice of them to keep the box designers employed until they actually need bundles to sell consoles.

Custom design plates is such a huge missed opportunity. I've seen some amazing designs by people who did it themselves and i'd pay a lot for it.
You can also redesign the center black part in a themed console not just the plates. This is so disappointing im willing to drop a premium as long as I can get rhe console in non white

Not even a Limited Edition with custom plates. That's really lazy. And they included a digital code in it. Perfectly absurd considering it's the disc console.

I am really starting to get really annoyed by this new direction they are taking the Playstation brand. I would have bought a GoW LE but not that.

Remember the unique PS4 God of War bundle sold at 400$ with a disc? Now that was a fraking good deal and collector item.
ID even be willing to pay a premium for a special console but for Christ’s sakes give me the option. Do they not understand not everyone wants a white console

I find lamish. No difference in the PS5 and it doesn't have the exclusive GoW dualsense.
They could have done something special with the console they could have made the plates blue and redesigned the center black part into the white on the controller with some engravings

I sensibly chuckle when I see official PS5 bundles get listed right now. They seem so unnecessary at the current moment since these things appear to still sell out quickly regardless of bundled games. But it is nice of them to keep the box designers employed until they actually need bundles to sell consoles.
They would be great if they were themed but here we are

Top Bottom