• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Ragnarök x PS5 bundle announced, available November 9

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Chill Leopard GIF

Yeah, im assuming they just dont want to sell that many special edition consoles, which are usually limited, these will be standard.

If they wanted they could have easily included the camo plates with the MW2 bundles but people probably don’t want them like that. Also I assume they would charge more like most special edition consoles which would be another controversy. 600 dollar PS5’s
Nothing says they would have to charge more (look at ps4 special editions)

scydrex

No US price increase, but mandatory game bundles.

Can’t even sell the game back. :/
You can just don't use the code it's possible. The horizon bundle is $550 if they sell it for 570 bundle with GOW then what's the problem? If someone don't want it buy console only.

I brought last month a PS5 not a bundle from Amazon. They continue to sell it.

Last edited:
So then whats the difference between jsut buying the console and buying the plates separately?
I have a white dualsense and i don’t want to be forced to get a 2nd white one and a themed console bundle would have come with its own special controller (in this case the ragnarok controller)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The PS4 wasn’t as hard to get and produce and didn’t have interchangeable plates. You had to buy a whole new console to get a limited edition
I still have mine unopened. Thankfully Amazon did not charge any more than normal for shipping, even though it came from Europe, since they only released them there.

711719862253_l.jpg

But I get what you mean, lol.

Last edited:

sendit

Don’t see the point if you’re not going to do a themed console.

PS5s will sell regardless, and it’s not like you save money buying a bundle. Now you’re stuck with a digital code instead of a physical copy you could at least unload afterwards.
Found the one person at the butt end of 2022 that still cares about having a useless box and disc.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
and again sony couldnt be bothered to make a LE console flaps or controllers. (n). I mean come on what was the point of making replacable flaps??!!

Last edited:

Codes 208

Considering all they needed to customize these bundles is add a color/pattern to simple detachable fan molds, its kind of disappointing that they arent even trying to make these bundles unique.

boomcrab

You know it's interesting. I was at my local gamestop the other day and saw PS5's in stock in a glass case. I expressed my astonishment to the employee who then told me that they weren't for sale until the 9th. It didn't occur to me until a little while after that this was GOW's release date. They weren't bundles or anything. Makes me think Sony is really preparing to sell a shitload of consoles starting on that day through the end of the year.

You know it's interesting. I was at my local gamestop the other day and saw PS5's in stock in a glass case. I expressed my astonishment to the employee who then told me that they weren't for sale until the 9th. It didn't occur to me until a little while after that this was GOW's release date. They weren't bundles or anything. Makes me think Sony is really preparing to sell a shitload of consoles starting on that day through the end of the year.

Yeah, all those ps5’s they got will be bundled with another controller, a dock, pulse 3d headphones, a camera, and two other games. 3rd christmas in a row where they are treating the ps5’s like a new console launch

Last edited:

EDMIX

Damn, I should have waited for this bundle.

Now I have to go around trying to sell a copy of CODMW2 lol 59.99 is cheap for next gen so...someone better buy that shit off me lol

Sounds like someone who’s made horrible life choices.
Videogames are hardly a necessity. Not everyone that plays them can spend 70 dollars per game. Or 80 euros in Europe. There's european countries where the minimum wages are 700€ Imagine spending 80€ in a single game for those people.

It's a big world out there and the possibility of a recession is also getting closer.

You should check some countries minimum wages before saying people are making horrible life choices. Plus how the dollar is now worth quite a lot more than even the Euro, which is why there's huge increases in prices everywhere outside of america.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Remember when bundles were not just a cash grab to not sell your console at over MSRP? This is super lame, sorry, no individual consoles available since we only packaged a 1000, here buy this bundle, we happened to make a million. Don't like GOW? We don't care.
Since the console is selling like hotcakes everywhere already, what other possible reason would you have for bundling your newest game? It's not to be nice or to increase sales, we know that.

Remember when bundles were not just a cash grab to not sell your console at over MSRP? This is super lame, sorry, no individual consoles available since we only packaged a 1000, here buy this bundle, we happened to make a million. Don't like GOW? We don't care.
Since the console is selling like hotcakes everywhere already, what other possible reason would you have for bundling your newest game? It's not to be nice or to increase sales, we know that.
The bundles were always designed to be cash grabs. The only bundles that weren’t over MSRP is usually the slim model bundles once the console has been out for some time.

If your looking to buy a PS5 right now, 9 times out of 10 your also looking to pick up GOW or COD or Horizon FB so don’t see the issue with the bundles. No one buys a console without games.

The bundles were always designed to be cash grabs. The only bundles that weren’t over MSRP is usually the slim model bundles once the console has been out for some time.

If your looking to buy a PS5 right now, 9 times out of 10 your also looking to pick up GOW or COD or Horizon FB so don’t see the issue with the bundles. No one buys a console without games.

Yeah especially during the holidays as gifts. Only problem is god of war is a mature rated game so its gonna be weird to gift them to kids

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Get a grip.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Did you just come to Earth this week?

Usually bundled games get dismissed when they're free with the console. Now its this. Did you not see the CoD and Fifa PS5 bundles? How about Xbox Series bundles?

What will be the bundle boogie man next gen....stay tuned.
weird how no one ever gets passionate about

supermarioodyssey_2202173.jpg

MSRP was $379.99, you would think reading Gaf this year that sony invented console bundles. In fact, nintendo rarely releases a first party game without a bundle
Exactly. But you know good n well this doesn't count for massive reasons.

I think every Switch bundle was more due to the game it came with.

Here's another one:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Bundle-with-Mario-Kart-8-Deluxe/702974414

Just saw your edit, lol.

👍

Last edited:
Top Bottom