• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarök | PS5 Showcase Reveal Trailer

Yoboman

Yeah maybe, but it's just this fucking crossgen plague dude, spiderman 2 too.

I mean don't get me wrong, more gow is always good, but this doesn't even try to hide the crossgen nature.

The human characters (except kratos), especially the faces were already kinda dated in the original gow, but now they just looks funny...
Spidey 2 didn't look cross gen

Handel

Trailer was near anti-hype, since nothing shown was different to what we've already gotten, except Atreus being a teenager and well...I dislike his teen VA and they seem to be making him into the annoying type of teen. Hopefully it just comes off that way because of how the trailer is designed, because Atreus is my favorite part of this God of War.

Razvedka

Banned
This just looked like more of the PS4 game. I was expecting to be floored, and tbh that kind of disappointed. Is this also releasing on PS4? Because it sure looks like it.

GymWolf

Spidey 2 didn't look cross gen
Dude, look the human models of the enemies in the brief gameplay models, then look at both spiderman suits and then look at morales ps5 suits details, the difference is minimal.

That doens't look a big jump from morales ps5 in any shape or form.

After ratchet that looked like fucking cg, you are really impressed by this trailer?!

I need a rewatch in 4k, but i'm hardly gonna change my mind.

As usual, i hope i'm wrong dude, i really do.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
No Cory also disappointing but he is still around
Probably doing something nextgen with all the resources SSM has to offer. GoW R feels like something PS4 should have ended its life circle with. And Cory's nextgen gen project should have been their first PS5 release. But yeah, maybe Covid prevented it from happening.

pratyush

To be honest they can't just go and change the theme of the game. And first one looked fantastic. So any incremental update will look less impressive.

Gameplay looked way better and has a black girl to piss off lot of people. What's not to like here?

Looks really like dlc for the 2018 game, but still fucking awesome and definitely it'll be a master piece.

I just don't like blackies in Norse mythology.

GymWolf

The dev talk was really good in this. I got the feeling they are going to the next one in egypt after ragnarok. That black chick is probably the introduction into it.
Please be exclusive, i need that sweet ryzen 2 sand simualation on a fucking egypt based game.

BlackM1st

Banned
RFuck cross gen and anyone who supports it.

Day 0 though. GOTY
Suspicious Family Matters GIF

pratyush

Some of the people on this forum really having panic attack after seeing that. Game looks absolutely gorgeous. That art style will always look similar to 2018 game. It's like they had decided that cross gen game = bad . I remember how people complained in 2016 when Kratos and Atreus were shown.

Yoboman

Dude, look the human models of the enemies in the brief gameplay models, then look at both spiderman suits and then look at morales ps5 suits details, the difference is minimal.

That doens't look a big jump from morales ps5 in any shape or form.

After ratchet that looked like fucking cg, you are really impressed by this trailer?!

I need a rewatch in 4k, but i'm hardly gonna change my mind.

As usual, i hope i'm wrong dude, i really do.
The environments looked a lot better and the lighting. As did the NPC they were fighting

You can't really assess on the suits, I think those are about as detailed as you're ever going to see them. They will always just be body tight spandex

Atrus

Gold Member
I find it interesting that this will be the last in the Norse series and not a trilogy.

I wonder which setting they’ll move into next?

Hoping it’ll be something like Aztec or Mayan rather than switching it up with the Assassin’s Creed series and going to Egypt.

India is probably out since Hinduism still venerate their pantheon as are the African ones unless there’s a new black god of war.

The dev talk was really good in this. I got the feeling they are going to the next one in egypt after ragnarok. That black chick is probably the introduction into it.
Mimir was already confirmed to be the link to Egypt.

The people who are upset by the girl were probably also whining about Idris Elba as Heimdall.

Yoboman

Probably doing something nextgen with all the resources SSM has to offer. GoW R feels like something PS4 should have ended its life circle with. And Cory's nextgen gen project should have been their first PS5 release. But yeah, maybe Covid prevented it from happening.
He had an interview after the show and basically confirmed it. Super excited for what he is working on, seeing as he is so talented but we've only ever seen him working on a franchise originally envisioned by Jaffe

GOW starting as a PS4 game not too surprising considering they did the same for GOW2 and Ascension when the next consoles were already out

Kenpachii

Mimir was already confirmed to be the link to Egypt.

The people who are upset by the girl were probably also whining about Idris Elba as Heimdall.

i though she was mirmir, but then i didn't play the first one so no clue who what is.

Googled it, its the headchop boy it seems like.

Last edited:
Top Bottom