• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War: Ragnarök - How Sony Santa Monica's level designers made the new dwarven realm, Svartalfheim, larger than life

Ezekiel_

Banned
God Of War Ps4 GIF by PlayStation

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
what a tragic marketing campaign. lmao

at the same time though, its painfully obvious this game is holding stuff back in a major way, I bet we play as Atreus 80% of the game after a time skip.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I always find it interesting that it's Game Informer with these exclusive first looks on games.

Yeah good ol' game-inobviouser, about as informational as phoning the developer's offices and speaking to Betsy at the front desk.

"Its got enemies in it... and you fight them!"

*puts hands over mouth in shock*

saintjules

Yeah good ol' game-inobviouser, about as informational as phoning the developer's offices and speaking to Betsy at the front desk.

"Its got enemies in it... and you fight them!"

*puts hands over mouth in shock*

Yeah...I mean Playstation can just push these small tidbits on their channel as opposed to GI. But I guess it's trying to spread the hype more so 🤷‍♂️

Am i the only one that doesn't want to see a lot more footage?
Like...what else do you guys need?

It'll play like God of War. We already knew what it will be about. You know you'll travel to all realms etc...

All i want is the game.

It's weird you guys are worried about the marketing campaign of a game you already know it's coming, when it's coming and how it will play.

GHG

It'll play like God of War. We already knew what it will be about. You know you'll travel to all realms etc...

All i want is the game.

It's weird you guys are worried about the marketing campaign of a game you already know it's coming, when it's coming and how it will play.

I don't need to see any footage. Barring some shock terrible reviews or a broken game I'll be getting it day one.

But if they are going to show me something at least try to make it exciting. This is some of the most zero effort marketing I've ever seen.

Last edited:
I don't need to see any footage. Barring some shock terrible reviews or a broken game I'll be getting it day one.

But if they are going to show me something at least try to make it exciting. This is some of the most zero effort marketing I've ever seen.
That i agree with you.

It's like they wanted to have this cover but didn't want to show anything so they just gave GI 4 minutes of footage that they are spreading through like countless videos, lmao.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
These videos are too short.

Whose idea was it to give this coverage to game informer and to chop it up like this (or allow them to)?

Just make one video and be done with it.
They can't show the whole game you know.

saintjules

All i want is the game.

It shouldn't bother you enough to comment about what other people say about the marketing. Can always hit ignore lol.

Not necessarily weird and I'm not worried about it. It's day 1 for me regardless. What I'm saying is 1 minute drip feed videos that I'd rather put on my own channel for traffic. I just find it interesting that's all.

And yeah I would want to see a story trailer with some gameplay footage and call it a day until release. But history has shown us that that never happens.

Top Bottom