• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Collection: |OT| Of It's Only Just The Beginning

Philanthropist said:
Are you sure you will pick it up today?

Doesn't it come out today?

EDIT::lol I guess not

entrement said:
I think you have to ask Konami for that ;)

I did not know this collection was value priced. Awesome. No rush to play now, though. I'll wait until before GoW3 comes out and marathon the whole series.

I think I might do this too. I did it right before MGS4 came out and it was fucking epic.

Gunpriest

Neo Member
Can't wait to get it. Never played both games and being able to play an improved version on my PS3 is great. I just hope it arrives on time for next weeks weekend. I pre-ordered it from VG+. 5 days is a bit tight from canada to germany.

I hope this sells well and we see other games re-released this way. Even a download only would be ok. ICO and Shadow of the Colossus comes to mind. I loved ICO, but never got to play SOTC :(

GeoramA

Watching the gameplay videos at Gametrailers.

The lack of screen tearing in these games is just so refreshing to see. :D

I really, really hope that God of War 1 has new game plus added (and the ability to save in between the Challenges of the Gods) but who am I kidding.

Looks like yet again I'll be upgrading Poseidon's Rage -> Army of Hades -> Blade of Artemis -> Medusa's Head -> Zeus' Fury and barely/never using Medusa's Head over the course of the game. :/ maybe one of the various ways to get infinite orbs or something. I'd rather not go that route, but Medusa's Gaze and Zeus' Fury just aren't that useful compared to the other stuff.

I didn't realize this is out next week! This will surely ease the pain since my 360 RRoD'ed and I won't be able to play L4D2 til MS sends it back

badcrumble said:
I really, really hope that God of War 1 has new game plus added (and the ability to save in between the Challenges of the Gods) but who am I kidding.

Isn't the former already available in the original? Or maybe it's just that some unlockable suits gave you some extra skills (cow = unlimited magic :p)

As for the Challenges, I'm glad they'll award us a gold trophy because they are really tough. I never bothered with GOWII's, but I could manage to beat GOW1's and Chains of Olympus, which was a bit easier.

Dyno

This I will get. The only PS2 games I ever played on the PS3 were God of War and RE4. Would love to have updated copies for the collection.

Went into GameStop to buy this on Sunday. I thought it had already came out for some reason. My Fiance' preordered for pickup thursday.

My fiance' had planned on getting it for me for Chrismikah and she said I could play either GOW 1 or GOW 2 but not the other until Dec 25. I then told her they are both on the same disc.

:lol

Right around the time this was announced I was replaying through GOW 2, I stopped and I'm now impatiently waiting for this to come out! It's a very good thing the PS3 is region free otherwise I would have to wait until...god knows when!

Why For?

Banned
REALLY really looking forward to this.I already own and have beatwen the originals, but HD and trophies make this a no brainer.

Definitely double dipping on this one. I lent my copy GoW1 and 2 to my roomie and watched him go crazy over the weekend (he had never played the games before), so I'm super hyped about replaying the games' enhanced version :D
Can't do day 1 since I'm on a budget right now, but will most likely get it come december.

I must admit I have never played a God of War game as I bailed on the PS2 early after having 2 faulty systems so I am really looking forward to this. 40 bucks will feel like a steal!

I can't wait to see here people who had never played the original game, claiming that it's not possible the games originaly ran on a PS2 :D

NeoUltima

I originally planned on getting this...but at this point I think I will pass. I have spent too much money on games this year. I can't forsee myself spending more for things I have already played and still own. Maybe sometime in the future, closer to GoW3 release.

Septimus

Man I was just like that when they originally came out on the PS2. I couldn't believe how good they looked (my eyes learned to avoid the tearing, especially in II). Real-time reflections, huge set pieces, amazing bosses, and to top it all off there was no loading at all. Gahhh, I'm sooo pumped for March! :D

DMeisterJ said:
MGS in HD next.
I'd pay a lot of money for that. The way Konami relies on MGS revenue, it might just be a possibility too.

Can't wait to grab this. God of War in HD with trophies for $40 is awesome.

Thophies seem a bit easy don't they? There's no finish the game on god difficulty or anything. Actually they seem made to be done on easy. I find it pretty weird.

Also I'd be totally onboard with an Ueda collection as well.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I think they should release (or re-release) the Colossus demo from GOWII to show off the collection/improvements. I remember loving that thing when it originally came out.

Massa

crazygambit said:
Thophies seem a bit easy don't they? There's no finish the game on god difficulty or anything. Actually they seem made to be done on easy. I find it pretty weird.

Also I'd be totally onboard with an Ueda collection as well.

The people willing to beat the game on God difficulty have probably already done that, I think a big part of them will not want to do it again. Also they're going to sell thousands of copies based on the fact that it's two easy platinums for $40.

cjdunn

# You Got the Touch! - Climb the Spiked Column in Hades without taking damage

# Speed of Jason McDonald - Beat the game in under 5 hours on any Difficulty

These do not make for an easy platinum. But I will try, oh yes, I will try. :D

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Massa said:
The people willing to beat the game on God difficulty have probably already done that, I think a big part of them will not want to do it again. Also they're going to sell thousands of copies based on the fact that it's two easy platinums for $40.

Yeah, but half the fun of trophies are the real accomplishments.

Like, I'd rather have a hard to gain regular trophy than an easy to obtain platinum. I would have wanted to tackle God mode and Titan mode again just to show off the shiny trophy.

John

gold trophies for the first game said:
# You Got the Touch! - Climb the Spiked Column in Hades without taking damage
# Speed of Jason McDonald - Beat the game in under 5 hours on any Difficulty

1. Isn't that the only way to do it? If you take any damage you fall to the bottom and start over again anyway. Unless they're going to make us reload, in which case fuck that (though I can probably do it on my first try nowadays anyway since I've done it so much).
2. That's possible? :eek:

cjdunn said:
These do not make for an easy platinum. But I will try, oh yes, I will try. :D

Beating God of War under 5 hours is really easy.

But the Challenge of the Gods/Titan and the Climbing in Hades are, indeed, the most challenging trophies (and the only difficult ones)

Robot 492

Banned
God of War Collection – Trophy Speed Run
With the launch of God of War Collection only a week away (Nov. 17th!), we thought we would give you a leg up on earning one of the more difficult trophies in the game, ‘15 Min Fight Scene.’ To earn this gold trophy, you have to battle your way to the Loom Chamber in God of War II in under 10 minutes. We got Stephen Peterson, Lead QA Tester on God of War II and a Camera Designer on God of War III, to do a speed run while giving out as many tips as he can. After playing the game a hundred or so times as a tester, he makes it look easy.
Video here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/11/god-of-war-collection-trophy-speed-run/

nskinnear said:

That isn't hard.

However:
I'll Take the Physical Challenge - Complete the Challenge of the Gods
Bleeding Thumbs - Complete the Challenge of the Titans

I don't think that everyone remembers how hard some of these were.

"Protect the Translator"
"Kill all Enemies"
"Rise to the Top"
"Take no Damage vs Rock Minotaur and Harpies."

Yea, these will be good warmups for GOW3.

I'll need a new controller

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Boombloxer said:
That isn't hard.

However:

I don't think that everyone remembers how hard some of these were.

"Protect the Translator"
"Kill all Enemies"
"Rise to the Top"
"Take no Damage vs Rock Minotaur and Harpies."

Yea, these will be good warmups for GOW3.

I'll need a new controller

The Challenge of the Titans is alright.

The Challenge of the Gods? That one took me all night. The fact that you can't actually save during the trials is killer. You have to finish all of the challenges in a row for it to count (with infinite retries, obviously). Ugh. Neither of those are as bad as Titan Mode was... I wish there was a Titan Mode Trophy.

VegaShinra

2009-11-11_12.53.32.jpg

Saw this on N4G. Sony has shipped the game out. Pics of the package, disc, and game menus. More here: Examiner

Persona7

Banned
I hope we see more things like this, I have been hoping that Silicon Knights would HD-ify Eternal Darkness for 360/PS3.

I would LOVE to see Yakuza 1 and 2 cleaned up and in HD.

Top Bottom