• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Collection: |OT| Of It's Only Just The Beginning

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ve82g4.jpg

Overview
Developed exclusively for the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system, God of War®Collection features reworked versions of both God of War® and God of War®II on a single Blu-ray Disc™ at full 1280 x 720 resolution. Both critically acclaimed games, which were originally developed for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, have been remastered with anti-aliased graphics running at 60 frames per second for a smooth gameplay experience on the PS3 system. Additionally, the Blu-ray Disc compilation will bring PlayStation®Network (PSN) trophy support to the franchise for the first time (included for both games).

Release Date
November 17, 2009 (NA)

MSRP
$39.99

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOtOFr7EXks

Box Art
2n86il3.jpg

Reviews
Metacritic - 92

Gaming Age - 10
Do they look anywhere near as stunning as Uncharted 2 or the upcoming God of War III? Not a chance. Do they look as good or play as or better than some early next generation games? They do actually, thanks to the high production values, especially II.

1UP - 10
It's not a comprehensive museum-style release with tons of improvements, new bonus features, Chains of Olympus, Betrayal, etc., but instead a great rerelease of two of the best games of all time in high definition. Here's hoping Sony continues the trend with another critical darling pair of games soon.

IGN - 9.4
At $40 for two of the best action games ever made, and the perfect precursors to next March's God of War III, this is a collection that you shouldn't pass up.

ofrbf4.jpg

God of War Storyline
Set in the dark world of ancient Greek mythology, players take on the role of Kratos, a Spartan warrior. Plagued by the nightmares of his past, the ash covered warrior would do anything to be free of his debt to the Gods and the memories that haunt him. For ten years he has labored for Olympus, now on the verge of losing all hope, the Gods have given him one last task. Destroy Ares, the God of War. Armed with the deadly chained Blades of Chaos, Kratos will have to overcome armies of mythological monsters, legions of undead soldiers, and amazingly dangerous and brutal landscapes.

Comparison Screens
1zph1xk.jpg

2v3prfo.jpg

2cx80n7.jpg

2q3nak7.jpg

2llkmdl.jpg

n1f129.jpg

more here:http://bitmob.com/index.php/mobfeed/graphics-comparison-god-of-war-vs-god-of-war-collection.html

Trophies (Click for guide)
DFCF732D470637124F83AE67901BA8DAC50D05FF.PNG

# 1.21 Gigawatts - Acquire Poseidon's Rage
# Rocking Out - Acquire Medusa's Gaze
# Bolt Action - Acquire Zeus' Fury
# Sword Man - Acquire Blade of Artemis
# Soul Search - Acquire Army of Hades
# Matador - Win the first Minotaur fight
# Scape Goat - Win the first Satyr fight
# Roll Over … and Die - Win the first Cerberus fight
# Don't They Ever Shut Up! - Defeat the Desert Sirens
# Beat a Dead Horse - Complete the Centaur sacrifice to Hades
# Kickboxer - Complete the Spike Room Box Puzzle
# Rockin' the Boat - Complete the Sex Mini-Game
# Don't Leave Her Hanging - Rescue the Oracle with 10 seconds to spare
# Get the Ball Rolling - Complete the Challenge of Atlas
# Totally Baked - Complete the Human sacrifice
# Splash - Kiss the Nyad
# Get Me a Beer Kid - Free yourself from the depths of Hades
# Zero Health = Bronze Trophy - Open a Health Chest when your health meter is already full
# Hitman - Get a 100 Hits Combo
# Getting My Ass Kicked - Die enough times to get offered Easy Mode

E435360D02FFA3928C5583A8241B459A7754A855.PNG

# Kratos' Marble Collection - Collect all the Gorgon Eyes
# Stick it in Your Cap! - Collect all the Phoenix Feathers
# It's the HUGE One - Retrieve the Captain's Key
# Take the Bull by the Horns - Defeat Pandora's Guardian
# God Killer - Kill Ares
# Head Hunter - Obtain the head of the Architect's wife
# The Power to Kill a God - Retrieve Pandora's Box
# Hitman 2 - Get a 200 Hits Combo
# Legend of the Twins - Watch the 'Birth of the Beast' Treasure
# Seeing Red - Max out all Weapons and Magic

DB55632EC3FA02FB25F7632079E0508B996AC3AB.PNG

# Prepare to be a God - Beat the Game on any Difficulty
# You Got the Touch! - Climb the Spiked Column in Hades without taking damage
# I'll Take the Physical Challenge - Complete the Challenge of the Gods
# Speed of Jason McDonald - Beat the game in under 5 hours on any Difficulty
# Key to Success - Collect all of the Muse Keys

FC231C477838F1932CAF0474C2BDE36FC34CC3DB.PNG

# Trophy of Zeus - Unlock all God of War Trophies

2whjxmr.jpg

God of War II Storyline
God of War saw Kratos, a mortal warrior, set upon an epic quest to dethrone a God. But his journey did not end there. In God of War II, Kratos sits atop his Olympus throne, as the new God of War – far more ruthless than Ares ever was. To end his continued torment, Kratos must journey to the far reaches of the earth and defeat untold horrors and alter that which no mortal, or god has ever changed… his fate. God of War II sets an epic stage for a devastating mythological war to end all wars.

Comparison Screens
s42cth.jpg

2vtodmq.jpg

2vd0eax.jpg

99f1v8.jpg

909an5.jpg

2hqw9ia.jpg

more here:http://bitmob.com/index.php/mobfeed/graphics-comparison-god-of-war-2-vs-god-of-war-collection.html

Trophies (Click for guide)
1AF1286E65EEABB548FC8AB291C12E84A16A6C84.PNG

# Breaking Wind - Acquire Typhon's Bane
# Big, Tuff, Buff and Rough - Acquire Rage of the Titans
# Blue Balls - Acquire Cronos' Rage
# Shiner - Acquire the Golden Fleece
# Rock their World - Acquire the Head of Euryale
# Learning to Fly - Acquire the Icarus Wings
# Shaky Ground - Acquire Atlas Quake
# Death from Above 2009 - Defeat the Dark Rider for the first time
# Resurrection - Climb from the pit of Hades
# Rock Hard - Defeat the Titan Minotaur inside Atlas
# Pick'n on the Little Guy - Win the battle outside of the Palace of the Fates
# Watcha Got on the Hot Plate? - Solve the riddle of the Fire Phoenix Statue
# Whip it Good - Whip the Steeds of Time
# Lift with Your Knees - Topple the Temple in the Bog of the Forgotten
# Swinger - Cross the collapsing Grapple Bridge
# Stoner - Stone and Shatter 30 Enemies
# Super Sized - Get a 500 Hits Combo
# Hitting Your Stride - Power up any item

8FB952717791DC0D6676C0C7ABA4FBE9B754BE5C.PNG

# Eye Can't Believe it - Collect all the Gorgon Eyes
# Go Make a Pillow! - Collect all the Phoenix Feathers
# Eye Sore - Collect 20 Cyclops Eyes
# Boss Batch 1 - Kill the Colossus of Rhodes, the Dark Rider, and Theseus
# Boss Batch 2 - Kill the Barbarian King, Euryale, and Perseus
# Boss Batch 3 - Kill the Kraken and all three Sisters of Fate
# Daddy Issues - Defeat Zeus
# Rise and SHINE - Awaken the Phoenix
# Spread 'Em - Open the wings of the Temple of the Fates
# Shine King - Open the door to the Temple of Euryale
# Blowin' Your Wad - Max out all Weapons and Magic

49B41DEEAB044C9106176544A9B2144FF3AD20E8.PNG

# The End Begins - Beat the Game on any Difficulty
# Feel the Urn - Collect and use at least 2 Urns of Power
# Bleeding Thumbs - Beat the Challenge of the Titans
# 15 Min Fight Scene - Battle your way to the Loom Chamber in under 10 minutes
# You Know the Germans Make Good Stuff… - Collect all Uber Chests

5B41C84CDC91FE92E795BE4A8B30F6DA33DDD031.PNG

# Trophy of Gaia - Unlock all God of War II Trophies

Bottom Line
Everyone buy this so we get a Ueda Collection down the line, not to mention these are two kick-ass games. :D.
2ex3v45.jpg

Baha

Got mine pre-ordered, it'll have to sit on my backlog for a bit though since L4D2 hits the same day.

ZAnimus

Got my import pre-order placed and should be receiving it next Friday. I replayed Chains of Olympus earlier this year and have been craving another run through GoW 1 and 2, so I can't wait for this.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I hate being such a trophy whore. Not only does it force my hand in purchasing games I own and have completed, but it’s a direct hindrance to my gamerscore.

Costanza

Banned
It's awesome of Sony to release this since I've yet to actually play through these, but my backlog is masssssssive now and I don't want to add more older games to it. Will pick it up later on.

inner-G

Banned
Costanza said:
It's awesome of Sony to release this since I've yet to actually play through these, but my backlog is masssssssive now and I don't want to add more older games to it. Will pick it up later on.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Costanza said:

Make sure you do, chances are these games will be more enjoyable that those in your backlog.

:D

This just makes me want GOW3 even more. I'm not buying anything between now and the end of January, so there is definitely a dry spell upcoming.

I never played the series last generation so this is the perfect brawler to get along with God Hand. I just have to see how I'm gonna budget for this game.

Bebpo

Banned
Looking forward to replaying them for the trophies. I never liked GoW1 very much when it came out, so who knows maybe I'll enjoy it now. GoW2 is just damn awesome though <3 <3

I pre-ordered this a while back. I can not wait to jump into the God of War games. I've heard so many great things about it, but something kept telling me to hold off on it. So, really, this is a blessing to me, being able to play these games in HD and also have them look very good.

Got a huge backlog so can't order this right now :( (Uncharted 2, MW2, Ratchet and clank, eyepet and star wars ultimate sith edition)

entremet

Costanza said:
god yes. do this sony. please.
I think you have to ask Konami for that ;)

I did not know this collection was value priced. Awesome. No rush to play now, though. I'll wait until before GoW3 comes out and marathon the whole series.

TheExodu5

Banned
Before anyone makes any remarks about the old games having better blacks and whatnot...if you really believe that, then just set your PS3 to RGB Full. The PS2 shots above definitely have exaggerated contrast and crushed blacks.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm totally going to buy this for a cheap price at some point closer to God 3's launch.

onken said:
They reeeeeeeeeaaaaaalllly need to release these $20 a piece on PSN.

Isn't that what they might just do for Europe next year?

To be honest, I'd prefer a PSN version to the disc. But I can't wait, I'll be playing it this month.

Philanthropist said:
Isn't that what they might just do for Europe next year?

To be honest, I'd prefer a PSN version to the disc. But I can't wait, I'll be playing it this month.

Europe-wise either would be nice, have a funny feeling we won't see anything till next year tho.

UraMallas

Gouty said:
I hate being such a trophy whore. Not only does it force my hand in purchasing games I own and have completed, but it’s a direct hindrance to my gamerscore.
*nods in recognition*

This will be my last purchase of the year, I already spend more than 200 bucks on PS3 games, so probably, it'll have to wait till December though.

Can't wait to replay them in glorious HD and get some trophies while I'm at it

Siyou

i just beat God of War 2 for the first time a few weeks ago. When I get a PS3 I may just have to snag this. But I think my priority #1 so far for the collections is the Metroid Prime Collection... I'll probably check this out more as God of War 3 nears

Top Bottom