• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GIVEAWAY] The House in Fata Morgana - 10 steam copies [DEADLINE 3rd June]

Elija2

I've had my eye on this game for a while but it's never been on sale at a low enough price for me to actually bite. I'd love to finally play it.

Doomedfool

I've had my eye on this game for a while but it's never been on sale at a low enough price for me to actually bite. I'd love to finally play it.

This is pretty much the case for me, too. Would love to give it a go. Thanks for the giveaway chance.

Jimrpg

You're doing God's work OniBaka. 6 copies is very generous of you!

To everyone else The House in Fata Morgana is indeed amazing. The story is in every sense of the word gripping, and it doesn't let go until it's finished. If you are looking for a great story, please give this game a go, worth full price and then some. It's also been on sale a couple of times and will probably go on sale at the next Steam Sales in about a month.

Here's my review on The House in Fata Morgana where I gave it a
9/10
- BoingBB review

But what sets this story apart from the rest is that the author Keika Hanada does an incredible job of setting up the foundations of the story, and then slowly revealing more of the main plotline as the game progresses. The rabbit hole continually gets deeper even when you expect it can go no further. The end result is that The House in Fata Morgana takes a while to get going, but is as deep and rewarding as anything that I’ve ever read.

Btw - OniBaka you write perfectly fine, don't kid yourself.

Kipper

I'm definitely interested. I've not played the demo, and I've actually never played a visual novel, but I recently became aware of the game after seeing a tweet regarding a Vita version, and ended up reading all about the game. It sounds cool!

OniBaka

I'm definitely interested. I've not played the demo, and I've actually never played a visual novel, but I recently became aware of the game after seeing a tweet regarding a Vita version, and ended up reading all about the game. It sounds cool!

I reckon you should give the demo a try just to see what you're getting into about visual novels.

Blu(e)

Definitely interested in a copy. Always quietly browse the VN thread and people have nothing but good things to say about it.

I would try the demo but when it comes to story stuff I always like to have everything ready so I can go through it instead of waiting or being left on a cliff hanger.

Also why aren't you picking up Tekken 7?

This has been on my list for a bit and I would be real interested in snagging a copy! Awesome of you to do this and put the spotlight of what sounds like a mostly hidden gem.

javadoze

I don't usually play visual novels (except maybe the Zero Escape series) but the premise of this has got me interested.

Awakened

Demo impressions:

I just saved at the beginning of the second door. I figured the demo would stop before that, so I'm curious how much farther it goes.

As far as the first door is concerned,
I had a passing thought that the sibling's relationship could go that way, but didn't think it'd actually go through with it. The twist with the white haired girl being a half-sister was good, I didn't expect that. I liked how well that all fit together. And the question of what the maid and master are adds some engaging mystery.
Looking forward to the second door!

Kevdo

Damn OP, this is a pretty cool move! Count me in!

I got engrossed in finishing the demo, I should have been sleeping an hour ago haha. I have some theories about the underlying premise of the game that will have to wait, but here are some of my impressions:

-I really wasn't a fan of the art at first, but it's started to grow on me.
-I read a couple of you are big fans of the music, but honestly, I found it really distracting, in kind of a grating way. I'd probably play it muted :/
-It's fun playing it windowed so that at the top, where it lists the program name, you can see the name of the current scene - some of them are pretty good. I glanced up once and saw "The fruit putrefies into a bloody mire", they went the whole nine yards to keep the tone of the game everywhere lol
-Content-wise, this is some pretty heavy stuff. It's like Poe wrote a fairy tale and had someone draw pictures, really interesting stuff. It could be I'm just desensitized by now, but if the first two chapters are indicative of the rest of the narrative, I don't really know what's got people so haunted and in tears, but I guess I'll just have to see.

If I never read the word "flaxen" again it'll be too soon.

RiggyRob

This is really cool of you OP, I'm definitely interested.

Been on a real visual novel/adventure game binge recently, although I usually tend to go for shorter and free-er versions:

On Seeing The 100% Perfect Girl One Beautiful April Morning
Rose In Bloom
Crystal Confines
Date Or Die (Prologue)
Genie
In The Heart Of The Islands, The Red Earth (Ang Pulang Lupa)
Rhapsody On A Killswitch
Murdercide 2017

Plus 999 and Virtue's Last Reward, so I'm sure I'd like House of Fata Morgana if it's anything like those.

Jimrpg

Damn OP, this is a pretty cool move! Count me in!

I got engrossed in finishing the demo, I should have been sleeping an hour ago haha. I have some theories about the underlying premise of the game that will have to wait, but here are some of my impressions:

-I really wasn't a fan of the art at first, but it's started to grow on me.
-I read a couple of you are big fans of the music, but honestly, I found it really distracting, in kind of a grating way. I'd probably play it muted :/
-It's fun playing it windowed so that at the top, where it lists the program name, you can see the name of the current scene - some of them are pretty good. I glanced up once and saw "The fruit putrefies into a bloody mire", they went the whole nine yards to keep the tone of the game everywhere lol
-Content-wise, this is some pretty heavy stuff. It's like Poe wrote a fairy tale and had someone draw pictures, really interesting stuff. It could be I'm just desensitized by now, but if the first two chapters are indicative of the rest of the narrative, I don't really know what's got people so haunted and in tears, but I guess I'll just have to see.

If I never read the word "flaxen" again it'll be too soon.

The music is pretty dang great. You should at least get further into the game before turning the music off.

Hex

Cicio

I've heard a lot of people raving about this game so I'm definitely interested.

150 reviews on Steam without a negative review.

BaasRed

Banned
I remember a thread here about this game. It was a thread about dreary and depressing settings in games. This game's name came up a lot so it caught my interest. Count me in 😄

OniBaka

Oh it's definitely not bad, but it does make it hard for me to focus on reading.
I agree with some of the music at the beginning since I had the volume high but later on it will get to you emotionally. So definitely don't mute it.

Awakened

Finished up the demo today. I found the music growing on me; it sets the atmosphere so well. Mogera makes good use of my subwoofer when creating that "pressure" effect :). Gotta love the lyrics to Tarantula. The art is all great too. I'm curious how well the chapters will be tied together later.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Finished up the demo today. I found the music growing on me; it sets the atmosphere so well. Mogera makes good use of my subwoofer when creating that "pressure" effect :). Gotta love the lyrics to Tarantula. The art is all great too. I'm curious how well the chapters will be tied together later.
I'm a huge fan of Tarantula. Does anyone know if this is a specific genre of piano music that I can find more of?

Pouh

I'm interested.

It seems interesting, and it could wash the sour taste that the Psycho-Pass game left en me.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I consider myself a VN fan, having played Danganronpa and VA-11 Hall-A and loving them. Also 999. Never played Morgana, though.

Count me in for the giveaway. Thanks for your generosity.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I consider myself a VN fan, having played Danganronpa and VA-11 Hall-A and loving them. Also 999. Never played Morgana, though.

Count me in for the giveaway. Thanks for your generosity.

It's a pretty different breed of VN compared to those FWIW. This is more traditional in that it's basically a novel with slides of images with the occasional choice, while those that you've listed are more interactive.

Jimrpg

Oh it's definitely not bad, but it does make it hard for me to focus on reading.

That's really interesting I never thought it could be distracting.

It's only a distraction for me personally if I understand the language in the music and what I'm reading.

Door 1 is really the most divisive one in terms of quality, I still greatly enjoyed it but I can't deny that the quality after that skyrockets (somehow- I'd say that the Door 1 music is unique in its own right.)

Taruranto

Personally, I much prefer Door 1 to 2, 2 has some pacing problems (I think the writers even acknowledge them in the backstage). 1 is a great setup with a lot of good foreshadowing. I also prefer the setting and it has one of the best CG scenes of the game:

99YzxTo.jpg

Top Bottom