• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GIVEAWAY] The House in Fata Morgana - 10 steam copies [DEADLINE 3rd June]

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Door 1 had the problem of most prose of that style in that I keep thinking "Nobody talks like, no children talks like this." :p

Played through the demo, below are some scattered impressions:

- Ive read a lot about the game on Steam and have been interested in a while. Guess this thread gave me a push to try it out. As some background I like more realistic VNs (like Root Double)

- The first thing that struck me in the demo was the music. It kind of subtly drills into your brain and has an overall uneasy tone to it, even during the "lighthearted" parts. Reminds me of Nier

- The art style is still hit or miss me. I like the character art and how unique it looks. But some of the backgrounds are really impressionist, and they range from pretty bland to really pretty amazing

- The whole thing reminds me of the anime Monster, where there is like a horrible thing under the surface that the player doesn't know about but can kind of infer is happening and that paints the whole experience as tense. So I guess consider me interested to play more haha

SinZega

Heard good things about this visual novel and am interested. Thanks for the giveaway!

First impressions : Really liked the demo in general. The Music reminds me of Nier and westworld; both exceptional in their use of music(Nier Automata OST GOAT imo). The art is great and the style is also something I don't ever see in games or other visual novels(though I've only played a few). The story was interesting enough and the writing prose is also imo better than other visual novels I have played.

I'm really looking forward to reading this visual novel.

OniBaka

Due to the current sale going on I have shorten the deadline to 3rd of June and have increased the copies to 10 now.

Will probably have to eat dirt for the week to get by but I don't care, more people need to experience this.

Kevdo

Due to the current sale going on I have shorten the deadline to 3rd of June and have increased the copies to 10 now.

Will probably have to eat dirt for the week to get by but I don't care, more people need to experience this.

You're a champ :D

I'd make you some food if I could so you don't have to eat dirt lol

Exquisik

Been wanting to purchase this game but just couldn't justify the cost. Would be nice to finally get a chance to play the game. Thank you for this awesome giveaway.

Jimrpg

Bro that's a lot of copies - I know you love the game but save some for ramen or sandwiches (or Tekken 7). You done great giving away 6 copies as it is. :)

OniBaka

Bro that's a lot of copies - I know you love the game but save some for ramen or sandwiches (or Tekken 7). You done great giving away 6 copies as it is. :)

Well originally I was hoping for a sale so I could give more copies and here it is lol.

Kudo

Definitely interested in this, I've read lots of praise in the Steam thread and it has kind of Uminekoish (I could be wrong as I haven't played it) feel to it but with great art.

Deques

I am in, not sure if I am have time to try the demo before the giveaway ends

I have listened to the soundtrack, and so far I like it :D

Usobuko

Banned

You're a good man.

T-Rex.

Banned
Just tried the demo out to see if I'd be interested, and it's pretty good. Thanks for the generous giveaway OP! I'll leave some scattered impressions below.

- The art is kinda surreal, but it fits the scenarios well.
- The opening track sounds like something straight out of Nier and the music is pretty good overall. I like that the tracks are actually voiced.
- I was playing with headphones and the sound effects are kinda disorienting at times lol, which was obviously the intention, so that was cool.
- The atmosphere is great. It is quite oppressive when you first awaken in the mansion which fits that situation perfectly, and then when you go through door 1 it completely changes with more colourful scenery and cheery music so it does feel as if you're actually there in the moment.
- It's a shame that the lines aren't fully voiced, or voiced at all? (although not sure if that's just a demo thing)
- Can't really comment on the story too much since it was just a demo, but I'm intrigued to know more.

OniBaka

I'm also interested but are the steam keys US only?

Doing it via steam gifting so will need to add winners as friends and gift them. It might affect those in countries that have large difference in pricing however I'm in Australia and steam makes me pay in USD.

Doing it via steam gifting so will need to add winners as friends and gift them. It might affect those in countries that have large difference in pricing however I'm in Australia and steam makes me pay in USD.
At worst, you can get DRM-free keys from MG's own website.

Thanks OP, I'm interested. Very generous giveaway. Admittedly I've played many VNs of mixed quality in the past so it'd be nice to read a high quality one for once.

Aaron D.

I'd like to be thrown in the raffle, please.

Quite enjoyed Steins;Gate on Steam, but haven't explored much beyond that.

Usobuko

Banned
Good news, I emailed them and they offered to send me Steam keys instead which I now have. Should make things a lot easier now.

Damn. I wish this was possible before.

You're taking quite the initiative as much as you're already responsible for a great giveaway. Props

Gnomepowered

Neo Member
I don't even have time to load up the demo this week, but have some down time coming up I would love to fill with a VN, and have heard great things about this one so I am definitely interested. Only VNs I have played all the way through before are Phoenix Wright and Song of Saya, think I have a sense of where this falls on that scale...

Vibranium

Banned
Thanks for the giveaway and generosity OP, I'll try my luck! I love some visual novels, Phoenix Wright is pretty much one with more interactivity.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
im in been on my steam wishlist for a long time lots of good things said about it by vazra

Lol I went hard promoting the game by how much I loved it and it kinda sucked it didnt do as much sales as it should so whenever I could I gave a copy or two and talk about it. I will start campaigning again when A Requiem For Innocence is about to drop and after launch so be ready on SteamGAF lol.

Top Bottom