• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

repeater

Hmmm, this 72 hours of games stream sounded more taxing on the Waypoint crew before we knew 43,2 hours would be dedicated to intermissions

Hmmm, this 72 hours of games stream sounded more taxing on the Waypoint crew before we knew 43,2 hours would be dedicated to intermissions

That's my issue, everytime I look at the stream, they are taking a break, every 45 mins they take a 15 to 20 min break.... good grief

SomberOwl

Hopefully GB Unarchived posts the GB part of the Waypoint stream. Or at least someone links to a timestamp on the twitch archive.

Was anyone watching when they were on?

Maiorum

CBSi basically just gives them electricity, internet and some desks to use.

This conversation got me thinking- Vice is investing quite a fucking bit in Waypoint. I wonder what they expect from it? I'm sure Austin and co will put out good content, but looking at their output over the past few weeks, it's reasonable to expect that Waypoint will be a fairly niche website. They don't have a subscriber model either (yet, anyway). Dedicating 50 peoples' worth of man hours- even if it's only for a week or so, to get their equipment set up and get the stream done- is a large investment, and maybe it's indicative of overly lofty expectations? Do they think it'll be big enough to go head to head with IGN, gamespot and the ilk?

This conversation got me thinking- Vice is investing quite a fucking bit in Waypoint. I wonder what they expect from it? I'm sure Austin and co will put out good content, but looking at their output over the past few weeks, it's reasonable to expect that Waypoint will be a fairly niche website. They don't have a subscriber model either (yet, anyway). Dedicating 50 peoples' worth of man hours- even if it's only for a week or so, to get their equipment set up and get the stream done- is a large investment, and maybe it's indicative of overly lofty expectations? Do they think it'll be big enough to go head to head with IGN, gamespot and the ilk?

How does motherboard compare to say Engadget or CNET? I would think they would want it to be at the same level as motherboard.

I HAVE A SUBTLE, BUT LATE THREAD TITLE SUGGESTION:

Giant Bomb #25| This is Not A Remaster Over Here (ActuallyMaybe It Kinda Is)

or

Giant Bomb #25| Not A Remaster Over Here

From: Jeff realizing that GiantBomb is kinda gamespot remastered when talking shit about Bethesda's day one policy on the beastcast

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but that's different. Gotta wait till next week, probably.

I only really know Vice because of their documentaries. I would hope bigger budget video production would be a huge part of it.

Frith

who are these nice boys i would like to subscribe to their content

edit: yeah this took ages to type

edit2 : dubstep dilemmas

Zaph

Whoa, a game in Japanese?? Crazy!

Probably talking about these, not just regular japanese games. A guy would sell my dad the same shit for next to nothing

cK28uo0.jpg

only like 5 of the games would ever work though

Probably talking about these, not just regular japanese games. A guy would sell my dad the same shit for next to nothing

only like 5 of the games would ever work though

That's rad. Reminds me of those weird bare circuit boards that Jeff would put into an NES on stream and sometimes they would work.

Top Bottom