• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fake

I have 19 5* and 20 4* weapons at Lvl 90. I have 5 more 5* and 3 more 4* to level from 1 to 90.
vlcsnap-2015-01-29-14h04m58s46.png

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
There are more ethic ways to spend your money. Give them to a charity, like the Fund for Poor and Neglected Fuzs.

I do that. Donate to charities and local animal shelters as well. I and my wife do well and have no kids nor do plan to have any. What good is having money if you can't spend it on stuff which brings you satisfaction. I don't waste money on eating out, Starbucks, expensive cars etc. I only spend enough on games that I can afford to lose.

Fake

So, what chars do you guys pick in the Lantern censorship event?

Anyone guess what char I pick up?

Last edited:

Fake

maxresdefault.jpg

More like water girl, but I can rest assure China will take care of this.

Let me tell you a story, about a water boy with more 3 co-op players at lvl 70, everyone die by the water boss and only me remains doing hydro damage lmao.

And people at the chat like 'You can do this', 'please care us'.

Are there any ps5 codes? Just logged in for the first time in forever.

There is a plent of codes, not for PS5, but for Playstation system in general. Type 'code' in the search button and filter inside this thread.

Any tuto or tips, first page.

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I'm curious what happens if you pick a character that's already C6. Do you get starglitter?

Anyway, I went for Yun Jin too. She's C2 now. Attack speed sounds fun.

Pejo

Gold Member
All right so then it's safe to level up an Amos if that's true.
For me I'm hopeful that they didn't fuck all other elements by trying to add Dendro. Who knows if this is true though. And yea, it's nice to not have to roll another Ganyu BiS bow.

What was the image?
It's twitter "leakers" saying that the existing leaks about Dendro are false, among other things.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

For me I'm hopeful that they didn't fuck all other elements by trying to add Dendro. Who knows if this is true though. And yea, it's nice to not have to roll another Ganyu BiS blow.
Honestly, all the uncertainty around Dendro has me really worried it's going to screw with the game balance. The characters are already in a delicate state with recent releases, so it's hard to trust them.

Pejo

Gold Member
Honestly, all the uncertainty around Dendro has me really worried it's going to screw with the game balance. The characters are already in a delicate state with recent releases, so it's hard to trust them.
I really don't even care about game balance that much, but what I do care about is adding a mechanic that makes all of the characters I spent months building worthless.

For example, the old rumor of existing Pyro characters being useless in Dendro content and then MHY making new characters specificially to get around those limitations.

Stuff like that I actively dislike. Instead of them being scared to make another Bennett, they should make more Bennetts. One for each element even, who cares. Let us piss around and have fun. These arbitrary kit limitations have been stifling.

YukiOnna

I really don't even care about game balance that much, but what I do care about is adding a mechanic that makes all of the characters I spent months building worthless.

For example, the old rumor of existing Pyro characters being useless in Dendro content and then MHY making new characters specificially to get around those limitations.

Stuff like that I actively dislike. Instead of them being scared to make another Bennett, they should make more Bennetts. One for each element even, who cares. Let us piss around and have fun. These arbitrary kit limitations have been stifling.
Yup that's exactly what I mean. I think they pigeon hole themselves far too much while worrying about the meta or making these extremely niche characters that end up boring. These new characters always end up only half the solution and attempt to force you into one playstyle.

Why would you want to make an entire element useless to introduce a new one? It serves no good purpose and I don't think anyone wants existing characters useless or new ones so boring.

crumbs

I ended up picking Ningguang to get her to C4. Second choice was Xingqiu to C3, but that would be boring.

As for Dendro, the devs seem to have been limiting power creep with new characters, so it would be counter-intuitive to mess those efforts up by having dendro screw up the existing elemental ecosystem. I'm still expecting dendro characters to be mostly buffers/debuffers.

SSfox

So, what chars do you guys pick in the Lantern censorship event?

Anyone guess what char I pick up?

I picked Nin that I didn't had yet. Since Beidou is C6 and XQ C5 (will be C6 in March). I hesitate a bit with Yunjin but I ended with Ninguang, the new skin helped as well i guess.

You said before you'll pick Beidou wasn't it?

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I'm thinking about getting 2 or 3 more 5* then skip everything until Itto rerun for constellations 🤔
Two or three? That's still quite a lot. That's several months of saving, unless you're planning on dropping some cash on it. Which ones would you want to get? I think your resolve will be tested when all the shiny new characters are introduced.

Pejo

Gold Member
Bah, no Amber in the shop renewal. I looked up the rotation and provided it doesn't change, I won't have her at C6 until April.

dean winchester waiting GIF

Saber

Gold Member
Before I quit the game I picked Beidou because her constelation would give her an electro dmg boost.

And yeah...time for an another time out from this game. This time perhaps for good.

Fake

I picked Nin that I didn't had yet. Since Beidou is C6 and XQ C5 (will be C6 in March). I hesitate a bit with Yunjin but I ended with Ninguang, the new skin helped as well i guess.

You said before you'll pick Beidou wasn't it?

No. Was my brother. I like Beidou design, but not her kit.

Pejo Pejo said right. I got the water boy. Only two constelations to finish him.

SSfox

Two or three? That's still quite a lot. That's several months of saving, unless you're planning on dropping some cash on it. Which ones would you want to get? I think your resolve will be tested when all the shiny new characters are introduced.
I'm already 51 100% pity so next shouldn't be too hard.

Right now i feel like i should only pull for characters that i really like, and ... lack, and i've done almost all that now that i got Ablby and Z. I think i'm gonna go for Ayaka since i don't have a Cryo DPS yet (i can get Ganyu now but she isn't too fun for me), and then Venti cause i always wanted him, Ayato need to see gameplay first before decide. I like Koko too but i may skip actually lol

But yeah not really super sure i'll skip everything for C6 Itto, but i feel i may, now i think my plan is just try to get type of characters that i lack in my box (For example Venti for pulling all ennemies in one place, Ayaka for big Cryo Damages, ect). My Itto is already very good (tho still need better artefacts, some are good but other are still Meh), but he's just so fun that i feel he's gonna be hard to top so he's worth constellations.

BlackM1st

Banned
Right now i feel like i should only pull for characters that i really like, and ... lack, and i've done almost all that now that i got Ablby and Z. I think i'm gonna go for Ayaka since i don't have a Cryo DPS yet (i can get Ganyu now but she isn't too fun for me), and then Venti cause i always wanted him, Ayato need to see gameplay first before decide. I like Koko too but i may skip actually lol

Steve Brule What GIF

This is everything I stand against for in GI lmao

SSfox

Skipping out on best fish and Ganyu. Your loss.
J48D6Xd.jpg
I really like Kokomi, i was pissed i had to skip her, and now seems i have to skip her again cause there is Venti, + Meta wise i need much more Venti than Koko.

Ganyu i don't have issue with her look (horns put me off a bit at first but get used to it), but after i did few tries i can already see myself got bored on playing her with time lol

YukiOnna

I really like Kokomi, i was pissed i had to skip her, and now seems i have to skip her again cause there is Venti, + Meta wise i need much more Venti than Koko.

Ganyu i don't have issue with her look (horns put me off a bit at first but get used to it), but after i did few tries i can already see myself got bored on playing her with time lol
They'll probably rerun the Inazuma characters again in 3.x anyway so no rush.

And I'm just kidding, lol. Play the game how you want and what works for you. At least the earlier characters still have kits and utility that make them fun from overworld perspective or if you're bored of ranged characters.

SSfox

He means you need to set your "fun" aside and become a dpswarrior, so you have to pull for ganyu, even if she's not fun for you.
Haha i see, honestly i was really considering pulling her, but her playstyle is just not for me, it's also safe to say that i enjoyed much more Ayaka when i had opportunities to try her. Also she can run in water which is a nice plus :messenger_beaming:

SSfox

They'll probably rerun the Inazuma characters again in 3.x anyway so no rush.

And I'm just kidding, lol. Play the game how you want and what works for you. At least the earlier characters still have kits and utility that make them fun from overworld perspective or if you're bored of ranged characters.
Yeah, i mean also in this game unless you're whale you can't just pull everyone in each update, i think it's wiser to carefully choose the character that you really enjoy.

I still may pull Kokomi tho, will depends on Ayato gameplay, if he won't hype me crazy like Itto did then i may go for Kokomi.

Speaking about banners things are getting confusing, someone says Venti and Kazuha will be 2.6 reruns (alongside Ayato of course), now another dude is saying Ayaka and Yoimiya. Who to believe??!!

SSfox

Literally everything xD

Fish is trash, Venti is irrelevant, Geo Lord is almost like that too, Itto is lol worthy and while Ayaka is bae, there's no way she's better or more versatile than Cocogoat.

So yeah...

jennifer lawrence everything GIF

Kokomi is beautiful and one of my favorite looking character, and since i don't really play Barbara so Kokomi will do it for me.

I like Venti , Z is awesome it's been bless since i got him, Itto is hella fun and hard to top, only Beidou can match him when it comes to DPS fun.

Maybe Ganyu is better than Ayaka metawise, but she's ain't fun for me, sorry if i'm not interested into throwing months of primos saving on characters that will make me fall asleep while playing :messenger_beaming:

BlackM1st

Banned
Kokomi is beautiful and one of my favorite looking character, and since i don't really play Barbara so Kokomi will do it for me.

I like Venti , Z is awesome it's been bless since i got him, Itto is hella fun and hard to top, only Beidou can match him when it comes to DPS fun.

Maybe Ganyu is better than Ayaka metawise, but she's ain't fun for me, sorry if i'm not interested into throwing months of primos saving on characters that will make me fall asleep while playing :messenger_beaming:
angry half baked GIF

crumbs

We're still looking at Yae and the Shogun on 2.5, right? We just don't know the order yet or if there will be another 5 star rerun?

Pejo

Gold Member

Venti got a huge nerf when enemies got fat. He still has occasional uses, but Kazuha ate his breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Skipping Ganyu...well.. I won't judge anyone for their pulling habits, but I just think you'll probably regret that. Especially since you're trying to fill a niche of Cryo DPS. She's definitely not the most fun character to play, but I do occasionally like easy mode and seeing big numbers. She's one of the characters that I have that I only pull out for annoying enemies or grinds that I'm bored with, but when I use her it makes it 10x better. She can even kill some things faster/easier than my pimped out Eula, and that's saying something.

Skipping Kokomi, personal choice. Even though I like her, she's only a slight upgrade over Barbara unless you're really desperate for a (poor) Hydro dps. Without the silly crit nerf, with better constellations, and if she was able to move her jellyfish, we'd be looking at a whole new (better) character. That said, I wouldn't fault someone for not pulling her.

SSfox

Venti got a huge nerf when enemies got fat. He still has occasional uses, but Kazuha ate his breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Skipping Ganyu...well.. I won't judge anyone for their pulling habits, but I just think you'll probably regret that. Especially since you're trying to fill a niche of Cryo DPS. She's definitely not the most fun character to play, but I do occasionally like easy mode and seeing big numbers. She's one of the characters that I have that I only pull out for annoying enemies or grinds that I'm bored with, but when I use her it makes it 10x better. She can even kill some things faster/easier than my pimped out Eula, and that's saying something.

Skipping Kokomi, personal choice. Even though I like her, she's only a slight upgrade over Barbara unless you're really desperate for a (poor) Hydro dps. Without the silly crit nerf, with better constellations, and if she was able to move her jellyfish, we'd be looking at a whole new (better) character. That said, I wouldn't fault someone for not pulling her.
Interesting thanks for taking time to explain stuffs. BTW do you consider Ganyu still solid without Amos.

I know about Venti nerf, but i still want him specially after playing his quest. Kazuha is great too, will consider about him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom