• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Hahah fucks sake, censorship apologists on reddit have hit a new low.

jLFimp7.jpg

Saber

Gold Member
WTF is this real???!!!

According to some people, this was a bug.

Not convinced in one bit. Like, there was some buffy mb along with it. They probably tried out hidden nerfs to see if sticks and if not, just tag as a bug. I mean, how can a bug affect those areas specifically? Like, the 3rd and 4rd image doesn't sound as bug at all, looks dev made.

Also, if its really a bug why so much deal about the thread gaining publicity? Wouldn't be better making a statement on the thread saying it was a bug?

Last edited:

SSfox

Not super impressed by Ayato design so far, still early for final thoughts tho.

According to some people, this was a bug.

Not convinced in one bit. Like, there was some buffy mb along with it. They probably tried out hidden nerfs to see if sticks and if not, just tag as a bug. I mean, how can a bug affect those areas in specifically? Like, the 3rd and 4rd image doesn't sound as bug at all, looks dev made.

Also, if its a bug why so much deal about the thread gaining publicity? Wouldn't be better making a statement on the thread saying it was a bug?

Yup it's weird, who knows but yeah they likely tried to sneak some more hidden censorship.

Fake

You gonna tell ME was a bug that add more cloth to Ningguang back? For real?

They don't call Genshin Simpact for a reason.

mWSKhZy.png

that is Ras from epic seven

Expected. Really hard to beleive that every char from Inazuma use japanese clothes except Ayato.

Not only that, but the leak showing a 'young' person, was Ayato supposed to be adult like Dilluc? So, no.

Last edited:

Dregnel

You gonna tell ME was a bug that add more cloth to Ningguang back? For real?

They don't call Genshin Simpact for a reason.

Expected. Really hard to beleive that every char from Inazuma use japanese clothes except Ayato.

Not only that, but the leak showing a 'young' person, was Ayato supposed to be adult like Dilluc? So, no.
well at least looks better than itto.

SSfox

Personally i expected him pretty much like this, his clothes was already leak, i thought tho he would be a bit bigger and taller, ala Z or Diluc, from there he looks like in the category of medium size characters ala Kazuha? maybe he is hard to tell for sure. Personality wise i expect him to be a bit like Kuchiki Byakuya.

Not too sold on him yet, so we'll see.

Last edited:

Fake

Don't believe in that leak too soon. His clothes don't mach Inazuma standarts and he is a high concil person, take control of his clan and most of Inazuma business.

Pejo

It's worth doubting leaks as always, but this outfit lines up perfectly with the various leaks up to now. Kind of a mix between a naval captain and a priest as R Reizo Ryuu mentioned. The combination of those "looks" have been mentioned repeatedly by leakers. Over the shoulder coat, white medium length hair, etc.

He does looks suspiciously like Ras, but there's enough difference there (he's not wearing a duster, the sleeves are different).

I'm on side "real" for this one.

*edit*

Also, MHY saw the blowback and now officially have claimed Ning's outfit thing a "bug"

a6g9drcsfle81.png

Last edited:

Fake

If you can't see it then you're just blind and I can't help you.

wrQcNAx.jpg

So, we're both blind because you're forgeting the pants, shoes, etc. Calm down a little, there is no need to get mad.

It's worth doubting leaks as always, but this outfit lines up perfectly with the various leaks up to now. Kind of a mix between a naval captain and a priest as R Reizo Ryuu mentioned. The combination of those "looks" have been mentioned repeatedly by leakers. Over the shoulder coat, white medium length hair, etc.

He does looks suspiciously like Ras, but there's enough difference there (he's not wearing a duster, the sleeves are different).

I'm on side "real" for this one.

He just don't match all the praise the chars of game keep saying. Again, there is no crime believing or not in some leak. I prefer to stay neutral about this one because I don't quite like the design I'm seeing.

Last edited:

Fake

No I'm not, I specifically said "robe", the ribbons through the sleeves are a dead giveaway..

There is no robes in that pant dude. What I'm seeing are white pants maybe with a belt and black shoes. Again, I'm talking about the leak, not about the picture you posted.

Last edited:

Pejo

Someone at mihoyo must have a fetish for sleeves.
I read in a dev diary that they design each character with their movement from behind in mind, since that's the angle that you always see characters from. They add something that creates secondary motion from behind for every character to make them unique visually. It's why Yoimiya has the bow, Klee has the backpack, Tart has the scarf, etc etc etc.

Apparently his sleeves and overcoat are that secondary motion effect for Ayato. Plus it does tie in to the whole Onmyo mage thing.

Saber

Gold Member
If you can't see it then you're just blind and I can't help you.

wrQcNAx.jpg

Dude wtf, calm down. Going all touchy because of a harmless discussion about clothing leak is not gonna do you any good.

As for the image, hmm I though at first it was more of a cape than anything.

Last edited:

Fake

Bruv..what do you think robe means? Pants aren't a part of a robe.

Seems to be part of the picture you posted, not the leak. Again, all this confusion because of a blurry picture. The 3D model will give us an idea of what we're seeing for real.

Those large sleeves are the only thing "Inazuma" about that outfit. The rest of it is just a regular western-style suit. I was expecting something more traditional, especially seeing what Ayaka looks like. I guess Kazuha fits that role already, but he's more of a traveling ronin. There's so much more you can do with the samurai theme. Seems like a bit of a waste.

Anyway, a navy theme in and of itself could be fun, but as far as I know Inazuma doesn't even have a navy. Heck, even Liyue doesn't seem to have a navy. Doesn't Ayato do things related to shrines and festivals anyway? Why would he look like a naval captain? So many questions, so few answers. Not that I was ever interested in Ayato.

Pejo

Those large sleeves are the only thing "Inazuma" about that outfit. The rest of it is just a regular western-style suit. I was expecting something more traditional, especially seeing what Ayaka looks like. I guess Kazuha fits that role already, but he's more of a traveling ronin. There's so much more you can do with the samurai theme. Seems like a bit of a waste.

Anyway, a navy theme in and of itself could be fun, but as far as I know Inazuma doesn't even have a navy. Heck, even Liyue doesn't seem to have a navy. Doesn't Ayato do things related to shrines and festivals anyway? Why would he look like a naval captain? So many questions, so few answers. Not that I was ever interested in Ayato.
Inazuma absolutely has a navy, that was the whole point of the Seirai Island lore and part of the Archipelago lore.

Fake

Those large sleeves are the only thing "Inazuma" about that outfit. The rest of it is just a regular western-style suit. I was expecting something more traditional, especially seeing what Ayaka looks like.

100% this. Ayato is like the head of his clan family, so for him just to use one part of the japanese outfit looks out of place. Even Baal have a more traditional outfit. Ayaka looks so beautiful in comparison.
Just my two cents, if end up to be real I don't know if I would waste wish on his banner, unless his kit is fun. I was expecting a Hydro Claymore anw.

edit: I blame Fuz Fuz for posting Sesshomaru picture.

Last edited:
Inazuma absolutely has a navy, that was the whole point of the Seirai Island lore and part of the Archipelago lore.
Oh yeah, that rings a bell. Seems like the lore is sometimes too ambitious for what the game is. We never see this navy after all. There's no military dockyard, is there? I doubt they'd dock at Ritou. Where is this navy exactly? And how does Ayato tie into it? I wish they incorporated that stuff a bit more into the world and quests.

Pejo

Oh yeah, that rings a bell. Seems like the lore is sometimes too ambitious for what the game is. We never see this navy after all. There's no military dockyard, is there? I doubt they'd dock at Ritou. Where is this navy exactly? And how does Ayato tie into it? I wish they incorporated that stuff a bit more into the world and quests.
The thing about the lore is, it's really fleshed out and does excellent worldbuilding, BUT, there is zero mention of most of it in the main story quests and any of the voiced quests. You have to pay attention in the unvoiced world quests and read the books/item descriptions if you really want a better view of the big picture. Most players won't do this, but I've already been trained to do it by the Souls games. It's very understandable that you missed stuff though.

Saber

Gold Member
The thing about the lore is, it's really fleshed out and does excellent worldbuilding, BUT, there is zero mention of most of it in the main story quests and any of the voiced quests. You have to pay attention in the unvoiced world quests and read the books/item descriptions if you really want a better view of the big picture. Most players won't do this, but I've already been trained to do it by the Souls games. It's very understandable that you missed stuff though.

I feel like this important aspect of the country should be mentioned or discussed between lines in story or characters quests then. I don't think a casual would fuzz books just get an information that should be of local knowledge(I mean, no one living there knows?).

Last edited:

Pejo

I feel like this important aspect of the country should be mentioned or discussed between lines in story or characters quests then. I don't think a casual would fuzz books just get an information that should be of local knowledge(I mean, no one living there knows?).
Oh just because they have a navy, I don't picture Ayato is heavily involved in it or even that it's important to the country. I think that's just the "Look" they were going for, not actually planning on tying him to the navy or having a naval storyline. Probably they tied in that look moreso because he's a Hydro character than the fact that he's going to be a naval commander, or just because they needed a visually distinct design associated with Japan.

Inazuma lost the majority of their fleet way back however many years (probably many generations) during the Seirai island stuff, and they haven't really shown any indication that it's been rebuilt to be what it once was or a massive power, or likely just because it's not relevant to the story they want to tell. When you have the shogun watching out for your country, you probably don't need a big navy anymore.

I try to keep up with the lore but I'm just very forgetful and a bit lazy too. I feel like it'd be easier to get interested in the lore if the game nudged you in that direction.

Talking about docks made me think: Why don't all the islands have large docks? How do the people move between the many islands of Inazuma? Weapons were being made on Kannazuka, those had to be shipped to the Shogunate. That's not even mentioning other trade. Those workers had to be evacuated when the forge was about to blow up. What vessels did they use for that? There's a civil war going on where soldiers have to be moved over the sea. Yet only Ritou has a big dock. Seafaring and shipbuilding should've been a huge part of Inazuman culture. Instead it's hardly mentioned. I remember a small boat was built during Yoimiya's quest, but that's about it. I might've missed some things though.

BlackM1st

Banned
I read in a dev diary that they design each character with their movement from behind in mind, since that's the angle that you always see characters from. They add something that creates secondary motion from behind for every character to make them unique visually. It's why Yoimiya has the bow, Klee has the backpack, Tart has the scarf, etc etc etc.

Apparently his sleeves and overcoat are that secondary motion effect for Ayato. Plus it does tie in to the whole Onmyo mage thing.
Looks like trash. Adding a monk sleeves to a business suit just to have some flappy shit is just idiotic. Same goes for the Bird Lady design. Her back is completely covered by some bird like nonsense.

Watch-Dogs-Gif-video-games-33387468-500-281.gif

First Watch Dogs was so good...

Such a shame that after the whole downgrade fiasco Ubisoft was scared of and completely changed the aesthetics/feel of the WD series.

Something similar happened with AC Unity. It was so ahead of it's time that it was barely playable on consoles, so all next AC games were severely downgraded.

Damn, I wish Ubi made a PC/PS5 only AC / WD games. There's so much potential in them...

Fuz

Banned
Where that big navy would have been moored, by the way?

Come on, they just wanted to use the word "navy" and copy One Piece's marines.
It's just like Hu Tao OH WOW SHE'S SUCH A PRANKSTER, RIGHT GAIS? - never pulled a prank ever.
They just throw titles around - tell, don't show.

Yet only Ritou has a small dock
FTFY

Last edited:

Pejo

Where that big navy would have been moored, by the way?

Come on, they just wanted to use the word "navy" and copy One Piece's marines.
It's just like Hu Tao OH WOW SHE'S SUCH A PRANKSTER, RIGHT GAIS? - never pulled a prank ever.
They just throw titles around - tell, don't show.
Well if they actually cared enough to make it believable, they could use those underground caves below the city, or Ritou in general. The storm kept out 90% of travelers until recently anyways, so those docks would have been used only for inter-island travel. On top of that, there weren't really many surviving villages or people on any of the other islands than Watatsumi, who they weren't friendly with, so it's not like they had to ship stuff in and out of other islands that wasn't military related.

Pejo

What happened to those "big underground areas" of Inazuma? They were made into Enka or what?
Yea Enka was the area they're referring to. We're getting Enka version 0.5 in an upcoming event, which is basically like Enka in the past. I just meant those caves directly below the city where we fight some fatui from time to time. They could have loaded that area up with docks and military if they wanted to feature that aspect of Inazuma. Since they didn't, it's probably just not something they care about.

Literally:
iu

Youtube Meme GIF

*edit*

So I only found 3 of these on my own, but cool detail to the new event. Just like the Jade Chamber quest, the main cast has been hidden around Liyue to find/talk to. Here are the locations so far:

5c3w13rjfle81.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom