• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
cevih438afe81.jpg
j2a9u6d8afe81.jpg

moustache_PNG18.png
Everything sounds "meh"

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

I'll be honest, character designs are only one facet of this game, but the whole "censorship at any time" thing just isn't sitting well with me. If they keep hitting rapid fire with this stuff I might just call it quits. They should absolutely be doing 2 versions of this game if this type of thing is going to continue. Let the commie bastards have their shoulder blade removal, no reason that stuff has to go anywhere else.

The entire time I'm reading about Dendro, none of it sounds like they're trying to make something fun that integrates with the gameplay and lore. It sounds to me like they see a way to forcing players to pull new characters just to deal with it. Like Dendro is the dollar sign element. It sounds annoying for every existing element, For anemo, you need special characters to clear the debuff from you since only Jean currently applies swirl to your own team. On top of that, you need new Pyro characters that work with Dendro since the rest will be fucked by the removal of Vape. Just screams marketing and one of the cases of "making a problem to sell you the solution".

The new characters coming out are so mucked in "balancing" that none of them are fun or rewarding to play, even the 5*s now.

Also, the Liyue fellating is just getting worse and worse with every patch. I don't even think this is MHY's game anymore, it's a CCP export.

Last edited:

Pejo

Genshin Impact reddit moderation closed the thread and them approved right now the thread discussion around this again, so...
Interesting and disappointing.

I get that Genshin is probably too big of a game to do this, but other Gachas plagued by this mandatory censorship stuff have a clever way around in that they won't punish you for altering the files/textures. So every time a new patch drops, you have people with the decensor files waiting and you just swap them out in the game folder. That would be the easy solution with this type of stuff. On the downside, I think MHY cares too much about the brand at this point to leave players running around causing bad press for the game with things like nude mods.

SSfox

New game "Seven deadly sins origins", kind genshin like game:

Not sure but i think it's only announce for Mobile now, hopefully this will come on consoles too.

Last edited:

Fake

Interesting and disappointing.

I get that Genshin is probably too big of a game to do this, but other Gachas plagued by this mandatory censorship stuff have a clever way around in that they won't punish you for altering the files/textures. So every time a new patch drops, you have people with the decensor files waiting and you just swap them out in the game folder. That would be the easy solution with this type of stuff. On the downside, I think MHY cares too much about the brand at this point to leave players running around causing bad press for the game with things like nude mods.

Will backfire for sure. More than half of the GI play the game because is appealing. The rest are between casual, meta, BOTW players and others that hate sexualization, but play the game anw.

The problem is, they think this will not affect by the fact the game start to get attention of people that keep avoid the game due to oversexualization, but the true is they're gonna lose most of the install base, but gonna win just a little of the people that avoid because most of those who avoid never cared to play the game in any normal condiction.

I can easily expect another 40% drop. Will vary between the char pick rotation. I think they're too afraid of starting with big fishies like Baal. They probably censorship based on char use status.

What we can expect are sites like IGN, Kotaku, Verge picking up the fight taking MYH side. Battlefield 2042 is by far the best example around.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I'll be honest, character designs are only one facet of this game, but the whole "censorship at any time" thing just isn't sitting well with me. If they keep hitting rapid fire with this stuff I might just call it quits. They should absolutely be doing 2 versions of this game if this type of thing is going to continue. Let the commie bastards have their shoulder blade removal, no reason that stuff has to go anywhere else.

The entire time I'm reading about Dendro, none of it sounds like they're trying to make something fun that integrates with the gameplay and lore. It sounds to me like they see a way to forcing players to pull new characters just to deal with it. Like Dendro is the dollar sign element. It sounds annoying for every existing element, For anemo, you need special characters to clear the debuff from you since only Jean currently applies swirl to your own team. On top of that, you need new Pyro characters that work with Dendro since the rest will be fucked by the removal of Vape. Just screams marketing and one of the cases of "making a problem to sell you the solution".

The new characters coming out are so mucked in "balancing" that none of them are fun or rewarding to play, even the 5*s now.

Also, the Liyue fellating is just getting worse and worse with every patch. I don't even think this is MHY's game anymore, it's a CCP export.
How they don't run 2 versions like Yostar is with their games is a stupid move. I thought the whole Cognosphere publishing was supposed to do that but you think a company of MHY's size would have thought this through.

I really wanted every nation to stand on its own and have its own unique history, but it's just souring me. I wouldn't care if we returned to Liyue every Lunar New Year, but when we had Moonchase, Shenhe's Archon Story and events and story in Inazuma detailing how Liyue influenced the lore alongside Mondstadt being left to rot until the supposed new area, it just gets tiresome. I can already imagine Chasm dragging things out. Shocked Enkanomiya got away with it as it did.

Will backfire for sure. More than half of the GI play the game because is appealing. The rest are between casual, meta, BOTW players and others that hate sexualization, but play the game anw.

The problem is, they think this will not affect by the fact the game start to get attention of people that keep avoid the game due to oversexualization, but the true is they're gonna lose most of the install base, but gonna win just a little of the people that avoid because most of those who avoid never cared to play the game in any normal condiction.

I can easily expect another 40% drop. Will vary between the char pick rotation. I think they're too afraid of starting with big fishies like Baal. They probably censorship based on char use status.

What we can expect are sites like IGN, Kotaku, Verge picking up the fight taking MYH side. Battlefield 2042 is by far the best example around.
Their core audience is going to be turned off from this. The ones who actually stick with these mobage and have a certain interest as otaku. Those teens aren't going to be around, but at this rate you'll just kill off the ones who actually grind out this game.

Pejo

How they don't run 2 versions like Yostar is with their games is a stupid move. I thought the whole Cognosphere publishing was supposed to do that but you think a company of MHY's size would have thought this through.
Yea I legitimately thought this was the whole purpose behind Cognosphere, figured an announcement would just be a matter of time. Shame on me I guess.
I really wanted every nation to stand on its own and have its own unique history, but it's just souring me. I wouldn't care if we returned to Liyue every Lunar New Year, but when we had Moonchase, Shenhe's Archon Story and events and story in Inazuma detailing how Liyue influenced the lore alongside Mondstadt being left to rot until the supposed new area, it just gets tiresome. I can already imagine Chasm dragging things out. Shocked Enkanomiya got away with it as it did.
The worst part is that this is definitely an 'after the fact' thing. When we were in Liyue, I don't remember the NPCs going on and on about Liyue and how awesome it is. Most of them were showing their reverence for Rex Lapis but not really Liyue as a whole. It wasn't until the past 6 months or so that every fucking thing has to be about Liyue.
Their core audience is going to be turned off from this. The ones who actually stick with these mobage and have a certain interest as otaku. Those teens aren't going to be around, but at this rate you'll just kill off the ones who actually grind out this game.
This just furthers my belief that no creative medium can withstand mainstream success. It always gets warped and ruined by the very success that helped it out. Bummer to see about one of my favorite games from the past two years though.

Fuz

Banned

Not sure but i think it's only announce for Mobile now, hopefully this will come on consoles too.

Don't care for the IP, don't like the characters but most of all, that stupid offcentered camera in an open world game? Lol, good luck.

Fake

Fun fact: Kokatu usually get those fights to triggrers those who don't agree with their vision, but the results are quite the opositive. They give the problem even more visibility. Those who don't engage with foruns and reddit never expect this censorship to begin with, in fact I suspect some Genshin Impact players still don't know some of the chars inside the game are getting censorship... until of course gaming media show to them.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member

It was announced for all platforms:
Following the success of 'The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross', 'The Seven Deadly Sins Origin', which is being prepared as a sequel, offers a multiverse original story and an open world with a high degree of freedom. This game contains a new protagonist and the adventures of various characters appearing in the Seven Deadly Sins and Apocalypse, and can be enjoyed on multiple platforms, including mobile, PC, and console.

Dregnel

srn82vh.png

she is not safe i guess
Neat witch hunter Diluc concept skin. This is the kind of thing that MHY should be doing with their time instead of censoring shoulderblades.

Oh those cheeky motherfuckers...

272654518-5266224783421849-6779849904841867613-n.jpg
that is fake but they will do it soon or later.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Didn't knew it was base on an Anime, interesting.
It's the opposite of the interesting. It's quite awful. Couldn't watch more than 40 minutes or so... GI LORE wise is on another planet...

They should just make a SAO gacha and be done with it. SAO is the perfect open world gacha material.

Pejo

It's the opposite of the interesting. It's quite awful. Couldn't watch more than 40 minutes or so... GI LORE wise is on another planet...

They should just make a SAO gacha and be done with it. SAO is the perfect open world gacha material.
SAO has such incredibly boring characters though. Mushoku Tensei is the real answer.

Pejo

I rather not have devs constricted by existing IPs.
That's likely the only way they'd get a decent budget though. MHY was building up to genshin over a series of games spanning like 10 years. Even if another company used that model, i don't want to wait until 2032 to play the genshin killer.

Dregnel

Rather take boring than a joke like in 7 D S. Never heard of Whatever Tensei lol
Mushoku Tensei is the first isekai
but you know the problem is when the anime is new, the games are usually based on the anime a not the manga/novels so you will have limited characters a bunch of non canon characters.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Nah, I'm not gonna get into it in this thread
Please, nobody cares haha.

It's either this or censorship discussions bitching n moaning. We are in the "community" for a reason lol We can talk whatever...

But anyway, I used SAO example because it's :

a) recognizable by mainstream audience

b) its story/world were made for this type of games from the very beginning

Pejo

Please, nobody cares haha.

It's either this or censorship discussions bitching n moaning. We are in the "community" for a reason lol We can talk whatever...

But anyway, I used SAO example because it's :

a) recognizable by mainstream audience

b) its story/world were made for this type of games from the very beginning
Well I will say this, I'm currently starting the light novel, but if you are ever sitting around with nothing to do, give the anime a shot. Watch it at least until he separates with his family which is a few episodes in, since it changes dramatically in tone and scope after that. I was expecting modern trash when I started watching it too but I was completely surprised.

SAO is fine as an open world I guess, but none of the lore or characters (at least from the anime) left any sort of impression. The fact that it's all 'fake' from the start just kinda furthers that. There have been a multitude of SAO games and none of them were quality or well received, and certainly didn't leave anyone but the biggest fanboys wanting more.

SSfox

Just curious, what do you guys do first? Upgrade talent then start optimizing better artefacts or opposite?

I'm founding myself upping a bit too many characters without realizing it that much, guess it's another reason for me to skip all 2.6 characters.

And still didn't get the Catch, i'm gonna need some courage to do some fishing haha

Saber

Gold Member
I usually prefer level up weapons. Artifacts can be dropped by bosses so its not necessarally important to focus initially. Once you level up weapons, proceed to level up the character and then talents. By then you can move to scout better artifacts.

Pejo

Just curious, what do you guys do first? Upgrade talent then start optimizing better artefacts or opposite?

I'm founding myself upping a bit too many characters without realizing it that much, guess it's another reason for me to skip all 2.6 characters.

And still didn't get the Catch, i'm gonna need some courage to do some fishing haha
I do Character level -> +12 or so "filler" artifacts -> Weapon level -> Talents -> real artifact grinding.

Artifacts take the longest to finish, so I usually save them for last. Unfortunately, they were about 30% of your overall character effectiveness, so it's a large chunk to leave un-built at all like I used to do. Talents are by far the most expensive, so you will likely need to grind Mora in that phase too. A guy on reddit did the math a long time ago and the best cost to benefit ratio you get is stopping around rank 7 talents for supports and doing your damage carries to 9, until you can afford to max all of them out at least.

Character level, talents and weapons are guaranteed improvements, not affected by RNG like artifacts. That's why I feel it's best to get those sorted first. I usually pre-farm though.

I personally found the fishing to be quite fun when I had a reason to do it.

crumbs

Not sure about courage, just a lot of patience. Fishing is pretty easy, the hardest part is listening to the same irritating Paimon voice lines over and over again :messenger_neutral:

Best bet is to look up which fishing spots spawn the required fish for the Catch and remember that it takes 3 days for them to respawn. If you have Thoma, he gives a 20% chance to double your catch from Inazuma fishing spots.

In my experience, the region specific fishing poles seem like they don't make much of a difference. Also, the jumping trophy fish do not count as fish that can be exchanged for the Catch or other items at the fishing association stores.

Edit: Also know that different fish spawn during the day and the night, so use the time changing mechanic to completely clear a fishing spot.

Last edited:

Dregnel

lv up all your characters to lv 90 and use shitty artifacts, i only need to eat 1 food and i can do 4-5 domains before the food buff runs out.
everything now is easier and faster because i don't need to use the co-op for anything except for that fucking signora for some reason.
my talents are lv 6-8
i only need to lv up Xingqiu.

Dregnel

Oh. That's why you people are so poor.
no, i still have around 8 millons mora, when you lv up the talents to lv 10 is the real rip off.
you can spend 3-4 weeks using resin to lv up you characters to lv 90 or you can spend 3-4 weeks trying to get a decent artifact.
i saw a reddit post long time ago and between 60-70% of your damage comes from the artifact's base stat and not from substats or something like that.

BlackM1st

Banned
but none of the lore or characters (at least from the anime) left any sort of impression
screenshot-7_13_2014-2_34_40-pm.png

Huh, ok...

The fact that it's all 'fake' from the start just kinda furthers that.
Imagine GI being a simulation from Honkai or something like that. Top 10 anime betrayals xD

There have been a multitude of SAO games and none of them were quality or well received, and certainly didn't leave anyone but the biggest fanboys wanting more.
I really liked Fatal Bullet style. Game was very weak tho, yeah. Barely a 7 out of 10.

Dregnel

also with lv 80 characters you have the chance to die instantly with the attacks of certain boses in the domains like the attack of that moron in the electro domain.

Pejo

I really liked Fatal Bullet style. Game was very weak tho, yeah. Barely a 7 out of 10.
Fatal Bullet was made by the team that made Freedom Wars, coincidentally one of my favorite non-monster hunter hunting games. Fatal Bullet had some good ideas, just too much jank.

BlackM1st

Banned
Fatal Bullet was made by the team that made Freedom Wars, coincidentally one of my favorite non-monster hunter hunting games. Fatal Bullet had some good ideas, just too much jank.
That's why GFL2 being a 3d game is already a big win in my book. Unfortunately they're still way too small to tackle a GI level project ;(

Top Bottom