• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Gold Member
Making sure new characters won't suck is nice and all but what about existing ones?

I want my Yoymiya good not spend another 150 rolls on replacement.

BTW is there any chance we see permanent banner update this anniversary or is it too late for it and i can safely spend wishes from paimon shop ?
At this point I wouldn't expect literally anything just because of the anniversary. We have a more likely chance of big changes like that in version 3.0. Maybe in the 2.2 livestream we'll see some changes, prompted by the backlash of the anniversary.

I'd really like a big focus on character bugs/balance issues. Like make it a major feature of an upcoming patch. Address a big list all at once of existing characters, their problems, and how MHY plans to fix it.

I'm probably alone in this, but I'd also love to see the boring supports get nerfed a bit too. It's to the point now that when I see a video about Genshin with any of Bennett/Waterboi/Sucrose/Kaz, I immediately skip it.

YukiOnna

I'm probably alone in this, but I'd also love to see the boring supports get nerfed a bit too. It's to the point now that when I see a video about Genshin with any of Bennett/Waterboi/Sucrose/Kaz, I immediately skip it.
You mean when they talk about comps for new characters or just have that standard party for abyss?

Pejo

Gold Member
Thank you, I'm going to download it this weekend and I'll be sure to drop back in if I need any help. :messenger_smiling:
One thing early to advise - when you get resources for pulling characters (in game it's called the Wish system) at the beginning of the game, you can spend your blue ones whenever you get them. It's also a good idea to do the new player banner until you run out of them. Pink wishes and primogems (the premium currency) however should be saved and scrutinized, since they're what you use to roll for limited characters (and weapons but don't do that). Unless your dick strongly tells you to roll for Kokomi (the current limited banner character), I would advise against it as she's the worst limited character we've ever gotten in the game up to this point, and you will get a free character that actually might be a little better in her same role.

Other than that, just enjoy the beginning of the game, I still feel it's overall the best part.

BlackM1st

Banned
One thing early to advise - when you get resources for pulling characters (in game it's called the Wish system) at the beginning of the game, you can spend your blue ones whenever you get them. It's also a good idea to do the new player banner until you run out of them. Pink wishes and primogems (the premium currency) however should be saved and scrutinized, since they're what you use to roll for limited characters (and weapons but don't do that). Unless your dick strongly tells you to roll for Kokomi (the current limited banner character), I would advise against it as she's the worst limited character we've ever gotten in the game up to this point, and you will get a free character that actually might be a little better in her same role.

Other than that, just enjoy the beginning of the game, I still feel it's overall the best part.
Probably the only thing worthy of mentioning to any new player.

Damn, GI is pure quality really...

... if not for MiHo greed lmao.

Pejo

Gold Member
You mean when they talk about comps for new characters or just have that standard party for abyss?
I mean it's fine if you like those characters, but they almost universally fit into any team and have just become so boring. Benny especially is just too good. He does everything a support needs to do + heals, and he's the best element. His only downside is if you actually unlock his c6. Other than that, he's universally the best support, even above 5* characters. If they were going to release Sara in such a godawful state, they should at least nerf Benny because otherwise why would you ever use her?

The right way to fix these characters without pissing everybody off is something like a "unique equipment" slot, something you have to grind for that once equipped to a specific character, changes their kit. This allows for a few things.

1. You have the flexibility to use it or not, if you like the character's base kit
  2. Characters that are straight bad, or with awful synergy in their kits (Xinyan, Sara) get an easy re-do.
  3. You can use it to buff one aspect of a character, while neutering other parts. It's like an indirect and swappable nerf. You have to make the new effect worthwhile, but then as long as it's something desirable, people won't mind the other nerfs. In Benny's case, it could be something like "Burst now gives 2x attack buff but always applies Pyro to characters and weapons and instead of healing characters, it does increasing pyro DoT on them while they stand in his 👍". That's not that well thought out, but it gets my point across. Dick waving Youtube clickbaiters will do it since it gives them big numbers that give them views, but the average players will have to consider using it in real content because of the drawbacks/advantages.
  4. As long as it's grindable and not RNG or gacha, it gives players a long goal to work towards, which is content that this game badly needs. With MHY you know they're going to add time-gating like they do for everything, but even more than that, make it that you have to do challenges. Stuff like "Kill Signora using fire damage" etc. Things that are now tied to those worthless 5 primogem achievements.
  5. This allows them to revise and make new "unique equipment" as time goes on and the meta changes, to keep old characters balanced and relevant.
Honkai does something similar to this, but mostly as an afterthought. They have a "core" system that you can upgrade through long grinding that will fundamentally change and upgrade older character's kits.

Pejo

Gold Member
She is evolving with each day and each reward.
FAoFkj8X0AYDdv9

BlackM1st

Banned
So, just finished the main event quest.

Looks like MHY took the criticism about Chinese New Year to heart and we met all the Chinese cast this time and not only Xiao. Sure, it felt a little forced and awkward, but I enjoyed it regardless.

Event itself was OK, nothing terrible or too memorable about it.

I enjoyed the cooking mini game the most. Final cooking showdown was also very nicely done. Definitely someone put a lot of love and thought in it. It's probably the only thing I'll remember about the whole thing lol

Story continues to be engaging to me. Interestingly it also gave us a lot of insight on some characters backstory and expanded second region lore quite a bit. People who will miss this event will really miss out. Again. FOMO is a bitch, I swear.

Event's weapon is a pure meme material and wasn't mentioned even once in the whole event. Feels really out of place. Keqing keeps using her lion's roar for some reason. Despite this event being the perfect opportunity for her to finally get her signature sword.

No skins for Electric Cat or Pyro Chef also raises a lot of questions 🤔 Why MiHo doesn't capitalize on cosmetics is beyond me. 1 year and whole 2 skins? I honestly can't find any logical explanation for this.

And the last thing I want to mention. I'm not a shipper or something like that, but looks like MiHoYo is serious about making popsicle boy and water boy a couple. Even during the last cutscene they were seen together. I also noticed it during the 1 year anniversary web event. So... yeah. Dunno what it means in the light of new Chinese laws. IMO it's an utter trash angle aimed at 14yo girls. I immediately remembered South Park episode about yaoi lmao

Fuz

Banned
The right way to fix these characters without pissing everybody off is something like a "unique equipment" slot, something you have to grind for that once equipped to a specific character, changes their kit. This allows for a few things.

1. You have the flexibility to use it or not, if you like the character's base kit
  2. Characters that are straight bad, or with awful synergy in their kits (Xinyan, Sara) get an easy re-do.
  3. You can use it to buff one aspect of a character, while neutering other parts. It's like an indirect and swappable nerf. You have to make the new effect worthwhile, but then as long as it's something desirable, people won't mind the other nerfs. In Benny's case, it could be something like "Burst now gives 2x attack buff but always applies Pyro to characters and weapons and instead of healing characters, it does increasing pyro DoT on them while they stand in his 👍". That's not that well thought out, but it gets my point across. Dick waving Youtube clickbaiters will do it since it gives them big numbers that give them views, but the average players will have to consider using it in real content because of the drawbacks/advantages.
  4. As long as it's grindable and not RNG or gacha, it gives players a long goal to work towards, which is content that this game badly needs. With MHY you know they're going to add time-gating like they do for everything, but even more than that, make it that you have to do challenges. Stuff like "Kill Signora using fire damage" etc. Things that are now tied to those worthless 5 primogem achievements.
  5. This allows them to revise and make new "unique equipment" as time goes on and the meta changes, to keep old characters balanced and relevant.
Needlessly convoluted. No thanks.

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
But inside KH this phrase just keep getting repeating all the bloody time.. Movies/songs/books just moments, with rational moderation. Not all the time.

Believe it or not, in KH the phrase "follow your heart" is used only once by Triton to Ariel, zero times in KH2 and once in KH3 by Jack Sparrow to Sora. Heart is a major theme for KH series but this phrase is not a staple of the series.

R Reizo Ryuu
So I finally managed to beat SSS Jizo, which is surprising because he's usually one of my worst bosses since my Mecha characters all suck. Also finally managed to get bumped back down to Agony III, so I might be able to clear a stage this time. The SSS bosses aren't so bad, you can choose to get a buff that will lower your score but at least make it possible for nonwhales to complete it. I would say the SS fight leading up to it was actually worse. How are you doing in Elysian Realm? I keep getting insta-jibbed by Hephestus at the end of hard. I beat him on my tricked out HoT, but I can't do it with any other character presently. It sucks that valks don't get type neutral or type advantage bosses instead of everyone sharing the same bosses. Bio characters feel like a liability in that fight.

I hate jizo and I hate the robot that goes crazy after a set amount of damage, whenever I see them show up I don't even want to bother.
Haven't done elysian realm ep2 yet, but I'm pretty sure your combination of perks can make a huge difference, some of them are just way better than others depending on the character.

YukiOnna

I mean it's fine if you like those characters, but they almost universally fit into any team and have just become so boring. Benny especially is just too good. He does everything a support needs to do + heals, and he's the best element. His only downside is if you actually unlock his c6. Other than that, he's universally the best support, even above 5* characters. If they were going to release Sara in such a godawful state, they should at least nerf Benny because otherwise why would you ever use her?

Honkai does something similar to this, but mostly as an afterthought. They have a "core" system that you can upgrade through long grinding that will fundamentally change and upgrade older character's kits.
That is kind of what AK is doing with the recent mainland update that came with the Summer banner. It basically was meant to help with additional buffs to lower star characters or less used ones. I'm not sure how it was received, but it seemed like a good system with how they described it.

^ Are you fucking kidding? Is that the day 4 reward?

Raiden is pretty damn great at C2 with higher talent levels. Just got her to 8-8-9 and I mostly just use her for her Ult but really her E Skill is just as great. I use her with a DPS Zhongli so just pop Raidens Electro bonus damage skill and then switch back to Zhongli, shield up, and poke away with a Crescent Pike. That easily kills all the trash mob enemies and for anything big I just use everyones Ults (usually Zhongli, Bennett, and Ganyu) then switch back to Raiden and use her Ult. After that pretty much everything is dead.

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
As expected we got the furniture from the pack. That only leaves the namecard. Maybe they'll give that away through a code during the concert or something.

BlackM1st

Banned
A literal monument for their monumental fail with the anniversary celebration. Will install it somewhere in front and center of my teapot. Should look amazing 😍

^ Are you fucking kidding? Is that the day 4 reward?
Such value! @_@

Just got her to 8-8-9
Go for 10-10-10.

Maybe they'll give that away through a code during the concert or something.

Will sell it with a discount. Only 29.99$!

Saber

Gold Member
From the look of it, it really does look like full damage control(more like desperate mode) lol

Enjoy the rewards folks. Once they came back to fixing bugs, being good and talkative with the fanbase maybe I come back playing. Could take some time.

I'm enjoying this quite a bit so far. The dialogue and art style will take some getting used to as it's not usually my type of game, but I really like the way it opens and I just played for at least 2 hours. So yeah, really fun stuff so far.

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm enjoying this quite a bit so far. The dialogue and art style will take some getting used to as it's not usually my type of game, but I really like the way it opens and I just played for at least 2 hours. So yeah, really fun stuff so far.
Nice, nice...

MiHoYo:
Return Of The Jedi Episode 6 GIF

Don't forget to tell us about your pulls.

Fake

Just stay away from later posts here if you don't want any spoiler.

Pejo

Gold Member
I'll just leave it here:

aV9JhPb.jpg
oyhwibxxk2r71.png

Welp, the dream is dead. Better luck next anniversary I guess. I'm over it, but 2.2 better have some exciting shit in it. So far from what I know from leaks it's going to be the concert event, a bunch of banner reruns, Thoma as a 4* in one of the reruns, and Inazuma housing area.

2.2 stream tomorrow is going to be an absolute shitshow unless they turn off comments and chat. Hopefully they have the brains to do it, I'd rather not see the fanbase act like children real time.

YukiOnna

So any guesses on what 2.2 stream will say about the anni?

My vote is on not even mentioning it.
I wonder if it's pre-recorded... at least the EN one might be if they're bringing the avatars back. But either way, I don't think they'll mention it either. Maybe a last minute message saying there's more planned like they mentioned in the article.

Pejo

Gold Member
I wonder if it's pre-recorded... at least the EN one might be if they're bringing the avatars back. But either way, I don't think they'll mention it either. Maybe a last minute message saying there's more planned like they mentioned in the article.
You been watching this CN VA drama? I guess the voice actor for Oz in CN is in the process of getting cancelled for using his fame to bang a bunch of fans, lol.

YukiOnna

You been watching this CN VA drama? I guess the voice actor for Oz in CN is in the process of getting cancelled for using his fame to bang a bunch of fans, lol.
That is the first time I've heard of it lmao. Oz's Voice Actor of all people using that to bang fans man

Fuz

Banned
What the fuck is even wrong with that? "Using his fame"?

The fanbase is just made of pathetic manchildren basement dwellers who can't have human interaction and thus are just envious of him.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
What the fuck is even wrong with that? "Using his fame"?

The fanbase is just made of pathetic manchildren basement dwellers who can't have human interaction and thus are just envious of him.
Ikr? If they want to fuck a talking Raven, let em fuck a talking Raven xD

So any guesses on what 2.2 stream will say about the anni?

My vote is on not even mentioning it.

Ignore, pretend that nothing happened at all. Also: turned off comments lol

BlackM1st

Banned
N7UqiPV.jpg

Fuck me. GirlsFrontline 2 will have a mixed banners just like GI.

Looks like instead of other projects trying to do something different/better, they will go the GI route now. GI makes just too much money lol

vince mcmahon wwe GIF

Top Bottom