• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
In the event it happens, Would Raiden be the best choice between C0 Ganyu, C0 ZL, C1 Raiden?
Raiden.

Cocogoat is already OP at C0.

Geo Lord's C1 gives him second Geo pillar which will look very cool, but can't compare in DPS potential with Raiden's C2.

P.S. I don't believe in any free constellations at all lol

Fuz

Banned
So most likely bullshit, but here's the latest (bullshit).

HtZhDLc.png
They can put the stella fortuna in their buttholes, if true.

BlackM1st

Banned

Genshin Impact Generates $2 Billion on Mobile in First Year.​

During its first year, Genshin Impact was the No. 3 revenue generating mobile game globally, not including spending through third-party Android stores, behind Tencent’s Honor of Kings at No. 1 and PUBG Mobile at No. 2, and above Pokémon GO from Niantic at No. 4 and Roblox from Roblox Corporation at No. 5. Excluding China, Genshin Impact ranked as the No. 1 top grossing mobile game worldwide, ahead of Pokémon GO at No. 2 and Roblox at No. 3.

zv96NYS.jpg

Global Impact

China ranked as the No. 1 market for player spending in the mobile version of Genshin Impact during its first year, generating approximately $577 million to date, or 28.6 percent of total global revenue, via iOS alone (Sensor Tower does not track spending on third-party Android stores, such as those found in China). Japan ranked No. 2 with 23.7 percent of player spending, while the United States rounded out the top three with approximately 21 percent of revenue.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Raiden.

Cocogoat is already OP at C0.

Geo Lord's C1 gives him second Geo pillar which will look very cool, but can't compare in DPS potential with Raiden's C2.

P.S. I don't believe in any free constellations at all lol

Yeah it's going to be Powercreep Raiden. C2 letting you ignore 60% of DEF values is huge.

Yeah, no way we're getting a free universal constellation. You think they're going to give people C1 Hu Tao or C1 Ganyu for free? Dream on. That's where Mihoyo makes their money. They're not going to let the opportunity pass for people to spend their hard earned primos and/or money on those constellations. A free standard 5 star is way more likely because it would attract new players to try the game. If they were gonna do that they would have heavily promoted it though.

These rewards are obviously thrown together at the last minute, so the final reward will likely be something that already exists in the game. It could even be the KFC glider, who knows. Wouldn't get my hopes up for a never before seen item with insane value.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Since it's just the bundle they were going to sell us it's going to come off as fake to me. They really need to start communicating with their community. But I don't think they will because they only speak in whale.

BlackM1st

Banned
Since it's just the bundle they were going to sell us it's going to come off as fake to me. They really need to start communicating with their community. But I don't think they will because they only speak in whale.
Yeah, besides no material what they'll say people would never be happy about it.

These rewards are obviously thrown together at the last minute
Yep, so we should expect nothing.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So the next 2 are probably the namecard and furniture with 400 primos each.

So in total probably 1600 Primogems which gives you 10 free pulls.

Better then nothing.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Let's see what I get for logging into DFFOO today after not playing for like a week.

x5 Power Tokens
x1 Power Stone
x20 Draw Tickets
x10 Guard Tokens
x3000 Gems
x1 Book of Ruin's Miracles
x1 Ruin's Ultima Ingot
x1000 Gems
x100 Gil
2 free multidraws
and a whole lot of other shit from co-op missions that you don't have to even do if other people do it instead.

Much rewards. Such wow. Not even an anniversary thing. If this keeps up I'll be more then ready for Shelke when she comes out in November.

MHY: :messenger_fearful:

Last edited:
Second mails are in on Asia. 400 primos and

2 resin moons lmao
And with that any chance of getting some insane reward is gone. The other two days are likely going to include the furniture and namecard originally meant to be sold in the bundle, and that's that. Still, 1600 primos isn't too bad, and even if the glider and other cosmetics don't really have anything to do with the anniversary, they still function as a commemorative item. I'd obviously take anything extra they might give, but seeing how stingy MHY is I don't think we can expect much more than this. Even if the community keeps complaining, I'm not sure MHY will respond to it.

Pejo

From Aranea Aranea in the gaming side thread about the anniversary:
https://www.pcgamer.com/genshin-imp...to-fan-frustrations-following-review-bombing/

Genshin Impact developer miHoYo says it's "been paying close attention" to the recent backlash surrounding the game's anniversary event, with "more celebrations" planned.

In a statement issued to GamesRadar, miHoYo said "we've been paying close attention to various feedback regarding Genshin Impact's first anniversary. We've already come up with more celebrations including the upcoming Genshin Impact online concert and thank-you gifts to express our gratitude for players' support all the way along.

"The opinions and feedback from players and fans are really valuable to us, and we wish all fans will continue the adventure and collect more cherished memories in Teyvat."

Fake

'various feedback regarding Genshin Impact's first anniversary' = Deleting every criticism we get at reddit.

Its so cute that what really need to happen for the company to answer. A little chitchat with the community like the old times would be enough.

Well, lets pray for better days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

LOLCats

Banned
Honestly with as much money these guys made they should have at least 1 free 5 star event a year. And i dont mean stupid playstation character.

i get some the outrage, but i just dont care enough to get involved, id rather stop playing. I aint buying the BP this month and gonna let my welkin run out.

Pejo

Honestly with as much money these guys made they should have at least 1 free 5 star event a year. And i dont mean stupid playstation character.

i get some the outrage, but i just dont care enough to get involved, id rather stop playing. I aint buying the BP this month and gonna let my welkin run out.
That's essentially what the stella fortuna thing would be. Approximately 70-90 pulls worth of value, but only usable in constellations.

Damn hypocrites lmao
This is the part that gets me

We've already come up with more celebrations
Like what the fuck my dudes. It's not like the anniversary snuck up on you as a surprise or something. Their content pipelines are like a year + out usually, why did they not have anything planned to begin with?

Last edited:

YukiOnna

From Aranea Aranea in the gaming side thread about the anniversary:
Cool. I just hope Livechat of 2.2 and the Concert will be normal now.

Like what the fuck my dudes. It's not like the anniversary snuck up on you as a surprise or something. Their content pipelines are like a year + out usually, why did they not have anything planned to begin with?
I can't believe they didn't try to spin it as they planned it all along either... I've seen PR do that sometimes.

Last edited:

Pejo

Cool. I just hope Livechat of 2.2 and the Concert will be normal now.

I can't believe they didn't try to spin it as they planned it all along either... I've seen PR do that sometimes.
It has to be a language barrier thing I assume. PR 101 is to lie your face off that you've had more stuff lined up the whole time.

I can't say I'm not refreshed to see a little bit of the truth leak out from them though. I think just saying something like "we underestimated and undelivered for the anniversary so far, so we're going to have some special surprises coming soon for everybody" would be a great step forward for them from here.

Fake

This. I stop playing like 3 or 2 weeks. I don't help Google Play reviews to get bomb, but I don't stop them either.
Its just a shame for me at least what need to happen for a greed company to start listen. I like the game, just not the way this game direction is getting.

YukiOnna

It has to be a language barrier thing I assume. PR 101 is to lie your face off that you've had more stuff lined up the whole time.

I can't say I'm not refreshed to see a little bit of the truth leak out from them though. I think just saying something like "we underestimated and undelivered for the anniversary so far, so we're going to have some special surprises coming soon for everybody" would be a great step forward for them from here.
Yeah, I'm glad they didn't bother, but it's a bit shocking how out of touch it can feel that you really had nothing planned outside of those community contests and the concert. Oh well, you live and learn I guess. They can't do any lower than what they're giving out now for next year.

Pejo

Yeah, I'm glad they didn't bother, but it's a bit shocking how out of touch it can feel that you really had nothing planned outside of those community contests and the concert. Oh well, you live and learn I guess. They can't do any lower than what they're giving out now for next year.
It's not even like this is their first gacha game. I think it's their 4th or 5th. All of those game have had more successful anninversaries.

Fake

It's not even like this is their first gacha game. I think it's their 4th or 5th. All of those game have had more successful anninversaries.

I guess the install base of this one maybe make them thing they could escape from criticism without losing too much money.

Was Genshin Impact their most valuable game at this point?

All of those game have had more successful anninversaries.
That's not entirely true, MHY has done ramping up celebrations like most gacha games do, including with their other games.
Like honkai's celebrations are getting pretty good now, but the first one was whole bunch of nothing and the second one was forgettable as well.

Pejo

I guess the install base of this one maybe make them thing they could escape from criticism without losing too much money.

Was Genshin Impact their most valuable game at this point?
Hard to say. their OG game either just shut down or announced shutdown, and I think it's 8 or so years old. Honkai has been running for 5 years on CN servers, so there's a chance it could be ahead in revenue. Not launch aligned though, Genshin has to be crushing their numbers in that aspect.

Pejo

That's not entirely true, MHY has done ramping up celebrations like most gacha games do, including with their other games.
Like honkai's celebrations are getting pretty good now, but the first one was whole bunch of nothing and the second one was forgettable as well.
While true, none of their games made 2+ billion in a single year. I think that dismisses any argument of "Well Honkai's first anni sucked too"

*edit*

The fact that the official discord was being spammed with the sleeping Qiqi emote regarding the shitty anniversary wasn't really that funny to me, though it was a little humorous.

This, however, did give me a pretty good laugh
zhe7ovfo2lq71.png

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
I mean they must realize, better characters in your arsenal helps keep interest in the game, they shouldnt be so stingy, especially with the base 5 stars.

sure i personally have like 35 characters as a bp+welkin spender that plays everday i am probably an outlier, but others... man i see thier roster posted to reddit and i feels for them... if they just had a jean for example. anyway.

While true, none of their games made 2+ billion in a single year. I think that dismisses any argument of "Well Honkai's first anni sucked too"
I don't think it matters how much it made, it could've been 10 billion, you're not a shareholder, and everything in gacha is a calculated attempt to make you spend more money, celebrations included. And even with all the "outrage", people are still going to play and spend tons, like that classic "boycott modern warfare" steam group.

What's currently going on might be slightly bad for mihoyo's PR (let's be honest, most people will forget in a few weeks), but doing dumb shit like review bombing not just other games, but random apps like google classroom and various banking apps, makes the fanbase look much worse.

First celebrations are always gonna "suck"(air quotes because why get upset at free stuff if you like the game), because in gacha there's this expectation to grow the celebrations; if the genshin 1st anniversary gets someone's blood boiling, they might need to reevaluate their priorities in life 🤷‍♂️.

Last edited:

Fake

Hard to say. their OG game either just shut down or announced shutdown, and I think it's 8 or so years old. Honkai has been running for 5 years on CN servers, so there's a chance it could be ahead in revenue. Not launch aligned though, Genshin has to be crushing their numbers in that aspect.

I remember since the BETA this game being promoved as some sort of BOTW competidor and is quite the close we can get.

And how many games from MY leave CN? I mean, Sony heavily PR this game outside CN, with is quite unusual to say.

YukiOnna

I mean they must realize, better characters in your arsenal helps keep interest in the game, they shouldnt be so stingy, especially with the base 5 stars.

sure i personally have like 35 characters as a bp+welkin spender that plays everday i am probably an outlier, but others... man i see thier roster posted to reddit and i feels for them... if they just had a jean for example. anyway.
Banner aside though, in general, whoever in upper management decided they should stick to this 4-6 week content cycle is crazy. It's just not working and even if they better divided the team to do it, it would have them cut content below whats expected even if the quality increases. They clearly can't devote time to existing aspects here.

Pejo

I don't think it matters how much it made, it could've been 10 billion, you're not a shareholder, and everything in gacha is a calculated attempt to make you spend more money, celebrations included. And even with all the "outrage", people are still going to play and spend tons, like that classic "boycott modern warfare" steam group.

What's currently going on might be slightly bad for mihoyo's PR (let's be honest, most people will forget in a few weeks), but doing dumb shit like review bombing not just other games, but random apps like google classroom and various banking apps, makes the fanbase look much worse.

First celebrations are always gonna "suck"(air quotes because why get upset at free stuff if you like the game), because in gacha there's this expectation to grow the celebrations; if the genshin 1st anniversary gets someone's blood boiling, they might need to reevaluate their priorities in life 🤷‍♂️.
You can't really separate Genshin's success from the factoring of the anniversary though. They're intertwined. Regardless of what random spergs from the community did, there's still a certain level of expectation for a runaway success to keep the momentum going by showing a little player appreciation. It's especially glaring next to the biggest banner (Shogun) that the game ever had. It's literally the perfect moment for a little player appreciation - whether or not they actually believe in it.

Fuz

Banned
I really don't understand what the fuck is mihoyo thinking.

Keeping that concert bundle for sale only and giving us a free 5 star from permanent banner would have costed them LESS - as already stated, nobody pulls for permanent banner and those characters still pop up when you lose 50/50, like it or not.
Actually, it would have made them MORE money since you need to invest in new characters and also many whales and dolphins would have bought the wings, which they won't now.
In addition, people wouldn't have been so pissed anymore and the matter would have been definitely solved - which isn't right now.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I guess it is just weird when at launch they were giving away quite a bit so 1 year later they couldn't come to match it until people got stupid.

Fuz

Banned
I... dunno. They can censor and ignore everything related to GI, but the shitstorm spreading could potentially be quite a problem for them. It may get the CCP to look at the whole mess.

(It's also fun as fuck, I'm enjoying myself immensely this anniversary)

First celebrations are always gonna "suck"
DFFOO first anniversary was insanely good. Tons of free pulls, a GL first character, tons of resources.
Exos Heroes first anniversary was insanely good. 200 pulls and tons of free stuff.

It's not "first celebrations". It's how things worked in the past, and we're beyond that now.

(It's also fun as fuck, I'm enjoying myself immensely this anniversary)
It's definitely funny, was actually laughing out loud when I saw the banking app getting review bombed, I just don't believe it's going to have any effect at all; the next "hype" banner is going to generate a ton of money again.

Saber

Gold Member
I guess it is just weird when at launch they were giving away quite a bit so 1 year later they couldn't come to match it until people got stupid.

Maybe through time and people being gentle(Aka automatic white knighting), they must have reach a conclusion that the whale/blind part of fanbase would either deal it or hard defend.

Last edited:

Fake

Nothing wrong defend a game, I many times defended this game from being called 'BOTW' clone, but they just push limits sometimes. They need to back to the roots, talk to their install base, fix simple problems that was get ignored over and over, pretty basic game designs like auto/manual camera, I mean, is a god damn 2021, why in hell is so hard to disable a automatic camera lock?

Anw, I can come back if new chars came to the game like the Ayaka brother. His guy look appealing by the leaks I saw.

Fake

Hmm if that contellation thing is true what would be biggest impact c1 out of those 4 ?

• Hu Tao
  • Baal
  • Yoymiya
  • Eula

Depends, but I recommend looking at the Genshin Impact wikia.

For me, would vary between Xiao, Klee and Dilluc because I don't have a single C1 from them. Xiao is my favorite and getting him another elemental skill charge would be neat, but Dilluc is another possibility.

Pejo

Hmm if that contellation thing is true what would be biggest impact c1 out of those 4 ?

• Hu Tao
  • Baal
  • Yoymiya
  • Eula
If they're all at C0, then whichever one you like the best and play the most. They're all good upgrades (less so for Yoimiya unless you use her as a subdps, I guess).

BlackM1st

Banned
nobody pulls for permanent banner
Yeah man! Nobody!

Pulled x10 yesterday to finally hit the HARD pity and got my guaranteed 5☆ weapon. Aquila Favonia. Groan.

• Hu Tao
  • Baal
  • Yoymiya
  • Eula
Fuck YMY.

Hu Tao is eh... complicated bitch.

Baal is probably the most universal one.

EULA has a nice ass.

Top Bottom