• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
New Bow:

PNxSnSI.jpg

Pretty universal stat stick.

Also, new character render which wasn't posted in here yet:

kfAo2xv.jpg

Yunjin

Name, Vision type and Weapon type is subject to change I guess.
She's cute tho.

BlackM1st

Banned
Considering those reruns, and the designs to come...

I'll probably won't pull anything until next anniversary.

Which will probably FINALLY make me leave this game, since pulling plays a big part on the fun of gacha games.
Hah, feel ya.

But you know, you can always pull for weapons. That's when the ultimate gamble 🎰 begins ;D

I personally like Yunjin. I believe she's supposed to be based on Chinese opera, but to me she looks goth-like. I'm usually not really into that, but it's something different for this game. But again, how long before she's added to the game? We've got at least 6 weeks of re-runs, then there's Yae and several other Inazuma characters. So we're talking early next year, maybe? Who cares about what characters are coming in 4 months time with the current state of the game.

Likely even 12 weeks.

True, but as I said, pulling plays a big part in enjoying gachas.

You're farming primos for what? Saving until you have a million?
You're absolutely right. That's why I'm pissed about 2.2. Hardly any fun content, no fun characters, to me it's a dead patch. But it's also subjective. People who want Childe and/or Hu Tao might find it a perfectly normal filler patch.

Reactions: Fuz

BlackM1st

Banned
then there's Yae and several other Inazuma characters
Says who? We still wait for Xiao and Cocogoat reruns. Can be as long as 12 weeks wait ;D Sure, maybe Yae or Ayaka's bro will come sooner rather than later, but we still need those reruns.

Plus Albedo lol I remember that rumor about him coming to standard banner. No signs of that hah

And don't forget that in 1.0 we had a bunch of heroes leaked who are still yet to be released. So having Ayaka's bro mentioned here and there or Varka being name dropped in the very beginning can ultimately leads to nowhere.

Biggest "offender" in that regard is probably that giant talking bird who apparently loves to cook and invented the microwave. 1 year later she's still busy with her inventions lol

And don't get me started on the whole snake wearing pedo/Dendro/the Chasm fiasco lol

Who cares about what characters are coming in 4 months time with the current state of the game.

All that matters is your sakura tree level and the number of primogems you have. Mwuahahah.

Seriously speaking tho, I can see how many people can become bored of it. Especially after the whole year of quality, but far from perfect updates. Some patches were plain awful too.

Personally I'd rather get less updates but made them more meaningful. But that's me and it's probably not gonna generate as much money

BlackM1st

Banned
You're farming primos for what? Saving until you have a million
Xiao C6, here you go!

Also, we need new challenges in the overworld, harder enemies and bigger rewards. I melt basically everything in 10 seconds or less. Basically I'm speaking about next WL. WL9 would be great addition for people like me.

Right now Cocogoat 1 shots smaller enemies and Baal disintegrate everything else with her 1 ultimate, so to make new heroes more exciting we need new enemies too.

Some call it power creep, but after a whole year it's kinda time to move on. We fight same 20k-50K HP enemies while dealing 150k DPS. Be it new vampire wolfs, flying balloons of death or cyber snakes it doesn't matter to me, because nothing really stay alive enough for me to even notice their attack patterns or something like that.

Not every game should be Souls like insanity, but why not add higher difficulty levels or at least some dangerous zones with extra powerful enemies and better loot?

Fuz

Banned
Also, we need new challenges in the overworld, harder enemies and bigger rewards. I melt basically everything in 10 seconds or less. Basically I'm speaking about next WL. WL9 would be great addition for people like me.
Better rewards. But they're not happening.

I'm not wasting 1 minute on a stupid bullet sponge to get rewarded with 18xp. Not doing the last ascension quest was the best decision I took in this game.

P.S.
Fuck specters.

Last edited:

Saber

kfAo2xv.jpg

Yunjin

Name, Vision type and Weapon type is subject to change I guess.
She's cute tho.

But isn't that her vision?
Unless they suddenly change colors, that one looks like Anemo no? Would be wiser for them if they didn't show her vision.
I like her design so far.

BlackM1st

Banned
But isn't that her vision?
Unless they suddenly change colors, that one looks like Anemo no? Would be wiser for them if they didn't show her vision.
I like her design so far.
Ignore the vision. It's a fan made render based on her leaked model. MiHo can change her weapon and weapon type any moment so don't think about it yet.

I'm not wasting 1 minute on a stupid bullet sponge to get rewarded with 18xp.

No bullet sponges so far for me on WL8. Even fat Fatui melt away in seconds. Probably the most tanky enemy for me is the latest Fatui witches but they're pretty rare, besides they are supposed to be strong. Plus they still die extremely fast if I'm not in the mood and just bombard em with my ults lol

Not doing the last ascension quest was the best decision I took in this game.

P.S.
Fuck specters.

I dunno about that, you wasted a lot of resin via not getting all the possible rewards. We talk a few percents, sure, but through the year it would amount to the fuck tonne of resources.

You do you obviously, I just hate wasting my resin + I never encountered any sponges except for stupid events/Abyss.

My collection of unpopular waifus growing in power - Yoymiya, Kokomi soon c6 Xinyan
Truly, a man of culture xD

Sailor Moon Yes GIF

Hinedorf

Banned
Saw a friend playing this and it looks cool and I've spent a day playing thus far. I've read numerous tips telling me if I'm not building a 5 star character I'm wasting my time for the most part..... is there an expectation you spend money on this game or can the story be completed F2P ?

Fake

Decided to roll wishes we got since I'm sitting on 15k primos now and there's 50+ days of saving ahead before possibility of Ganyu/Yae and this happened
FAKVr99.jpg
My collection of unpopular waifus growing in power - Yoymiya, Kokomi soon c6 Xinyan :D

You got two girls, congrats.

Pejo

I'm not wasting 1 minute on a stupid bullet sponge to get rewarded with 18xp. Not doing the last ascension quest was the best decision I took in this game.

P.S.
Fuck specters.
This is exactly my P.O.V. I'm not against giving myself a challenge, but just adding HP to an annoying as fuck enemy like specters isn't making me want to up my world level. They need to cut the shit and give us guaranteed blue/purple tier drops per normal enemy past WL6. It's not like them having more HP is any more fun than me 1shotting them with Ganyu if they're just gonna drop 1 or 2 white materials and 18 xp. I'm with you, I stopped doing AR leveling past WL6, partly for my gf so we could still do Co-Op in each other's worlds, but mostly because there's no compelling reason to go higher. I would love a challenge if the rewards were commensurate with the difficulty OR if the fights became more dynamic/fun with higher difficulty, but we are never gonna get there since they want to sell you the solution. Also agree about Specters. Worst enemy in the game. I hope the skywolves don't fucking hang out just above melee range like these fuckers do.

Perfect character, perfect angle. 10/10
Ignore the vision. It's a fan made render based on her leaked model. MiHo can change her weapon and weapon type any moment so don't think about it yet.
We're back in "questionable" leaker land, but it's been semi confirmed that she got changed from Geo Bow to Anemo Bow, either way she's Liyue character somehow tied to Chasm. I guess Geo + bow is just too powerful since first Albedo got switched to Sword and now this.
Saw a friend playing this and it looks cool and I've spent a day playing thus far. I've read numerous tips telling me if I'm not building a 5 star character I'm wasting my time for the most part..... is there an expectation you spend money on this game or can the story be completed F2P ?
You're 100% good F2P and we mostly all recommend it except for waifu reasons. 4*s are just fine, obviously some better than others. Most of the best support characters are 4*, so if you have any questions about investing on a character, just ask in the thread.

*edit*

This was good:
atsrn388nbr71.png

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Story is like the best part and can be fully completed F2P.

But you'll get free wishes/primogems regardless, so one way or another you'll get yourself a 5☆.

Just don't waste primogems on standard blue wishes banner and save up for the limited banner hero.

Also agree about Specters. Worst enemy in the game. I hope the skywolves don't fucking hang out just above melee range like these fuckers do.
You guys are afraid of balloons 🎈. Sad.
pennywise it 2017 GIF

It's not like them having more HP is any more fun than me 1shotting them with Ganyu if they're just gonna drop 1 or 2 white materials and 18 xp
If you 1 shot enemies on WL6, you can 1 shot em on WL8 easily. WL8 just gives you more rewards.

This was good:
Herald of Unmet Expectations lmao

One of the most hilarious things that happened during the Anniversary "celebration".

YukiOnna

Just finished the Main Story of the Moonchase Festival and I really enjoyed it. A comfy story that provided some good lore about Liyue's origins and on the relation between Adeptus and Humans. It was also nice characterization for Keq and to continue off from the Liyue Archon Quest (I still want a character story tho).

Guoba MVP!

You can complete everything with free chars - at the moment you can even get free 5* (Aloy) if you are on playstation (or in about 8-9 days she will be available for everyone) , also there's enough free currency to hit some decent 4* soon.
If you want to spend i advise getting 5$/Euro pass thing since it accelerates you summoning quite well. Other things aren't really worth their prices

Pejo

Well lads, it was a good run. Might want to wait and see what changes before spending.

BlackM1st

Banned
Well lads, it was a good run. Might want to wait and see what changes before spending.

maxresdefault.jpg

I doubt that anything changes for worse, but we sure as fuck can't expect any changes for better too lol

Genshin is pretty PC and PG as is, but I wonder what will happen with their lesbian Honkai game lol

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

---------------
I think bad times are ahead with both Genshin and Honkai. Censorship train inbound. Limited access to gaming for minors is just the first step.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned

Relax, it means nothing. Same shit as when western companies go green and woke for better PR. If you think that MiHo was somewhat independent from CCP before this announcement then you're mistaken hah

Damn, fucking Japan, I swear... Where's all Japanese GI clones at?

LOLCats

Banned
Join Mihoyo with Chinese Communist Party led to the emergence of several new policies in the game industry in China.

soo exciting.

okay whatever im out i think

Last edited:

Fake

Can't wait for my first communist waifu.

Fuz

Banned

= Brainwashing both Asia and the west.

Damn, fucking Japan, I swear... Where's all Japanese GI clones at?
This. Wake the fuck up, normal countries.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Bro, I... I kinda like those changes. Not all and I haven't read all, but got to the point of fembois. No more Venti trash.

I also think that GirlsFrontline devs should be sweating now as it directly speaks about irl weapons turned waifus. GirlsFrontline already changed names of girls from like UMP45 to Alice etc. Also, no grey area, you will always fight for good.

Anyway, thanks for posting, I'll continue to read.

Pejo

Yea games like Girls Frontline and Azur Lane are going to be fucked with these new regulations. Genshin probably won't fare too badly. I'm curious to see if these companies decide to censor only for CN or if they start adopting censorship outside too. GFL/AL could potentially be completely hamstrung by this.

*edit*

Bro, I... I kinda like those changes. Not all and I haven't read all, but got to the point of fembois. No more Venti trash.

I also think that GirlsFrontline devs should be sweating now as it directly speaks about irl weapons turned waifus. GirlsFrontline already changed names of girls from like UMP45 to Alice etc. Also, no grey area, you will always fight for good.

Anyway, thanks for posting, I'll continue to read.
Despite how you feel about individual character designs, you should never cheerlead censorship IMO, especially to this level. Just because they're removing things you don't like right now doesn't mean that will always be the case.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I remember the good old days when censorship was fade to black or watching characters particularly children looking away from a scene that was usually a brutal death of another character. Things that made sense.

Beyond that no one should be promoting censorship.

BlackM1st

Banned
So, I rread the whole thing.

Some guidelines are really good as they try to remove gambling and paid lootboxes. I just can't imagine how it would work with gacha lmao

No nazi glorifying and no Japanese culture glorifying

No underwear visible even when moving. Waifus em cry 😢

Some kind of forceful kicking from games after time runs out. Can't imagine how it would work, but it's probably China only option.

Other than that it was mostly political nonsense "think of children" type nobody gives a F about.

Despite how you feel about individual character designs, you should never cheerlead censorship IMO, especially to this level. Just because they're removing things you don't like right now doesn't mean that will always be the case.
Eh.

Yeah, that's a shitty attitude.
Eh.

Not like we can change it guys. I take what I can the rest is on Chinese people. CCP isn't forcing me to play GI or any other game.

BlackM1st

Banned
Damn, forgot the part about bugs, unfinished games and false advertisement / empty hype. I think it's a great idea, but I can't imagine how it's achievable.

Saber

Hope the Shogun banner and the anniversary fiasco was worth it.

Happy birthday Genshin!

Also, I hope the part about the bugs means they will have to stop ignoring Xynian lmao

Top Bottom