• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Nvm. It did ask me for email information though. And then loading everything and then telling me game was still in maintenance.

I think the Lizards should have been used for Hu Tao's trial run.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
KE0ZDXi.jpg

New loading screen, probably for traveling to our house. New icons and art look so cozy and cute. Such a great art direction, MiHo finally getting its act together.
BpoYF5h.png

She's a total dork lol Nice legs though, definitely gives Hu Tao a run for it.
l2fHCqX.png

Awwwww...
fyb5nZs.png

This bird man, this bird... I have a feeling that out house will be inside that teapot. Our own pocket universe. Sick. Gives MiHo unlimited opportunities to improve housing system it in the future iterations.

BlackM1st

Banned
Uhm.
Interesting how those leaks misteriously happened just immediately after Hu Tao's banner wasn't up anymore.
Oh, I'm sure it's all controlled. It's just way too convenient to pop out right before new patch/after previous patch end.

people datamined Patch 1.4
I doubt it. I think maybe 1.5 closed beta has started?
It's all a conspiracy tbh.
It definitely is.

I don't understand. Only 1 person per teapot or what?

• 1. You can visit your friend's teapot as long as you are allowed to, even when they are off-line.
  • 2. Entering your teapot during co-op will kick other players out of your world.
  • 3. When you are in your teapot, other players cannot join your world.
Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

Reactions: Fuz

Dregnel

Either Mihoyo is leaking the goods on purpose or people datamined Patch 1.4 and this data was in the files. Or both.
when there is a new live patch, a new beta drops for beta testers, 1.5 is being tested right now if i'm not wrong.
Oh, I'm sure it's all controlled. It's just way too convenient to pop out right before new patch/after previous patch end.

I doubt it. I think maybe 1.5 closed beta has started?

It definitely is.

I don't understand. Only 1 person per teapot or what?

• 1. You can visit your friend's teapot as long as you are allowed to, even when they are off-line.
  • 2. Entering your teapot during co-op will kick other players out of your world.
  • 3. When you are in your teapot, other players cannot join your world.
Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA
no, what he means for example if you are inside your house others cannot run around the world to steal your things

Dregnel

Can I invite my friend to join me inside my teapot? Can we be there together? Should I teleport there first to invite him or it will be impossible for him to join me? I'm confused. @_@

It's called sharing the wealth!
it's like domain, that is what i understand but if you go in your friend is forced to go inside too, if not we kill madame ping for this shit.

BlackM1st

Banned
it's like domain, that is what i understand but if you go in your friend is forced to go inside too, if not we kill madame ping for this shit.
Yeah, I hope for the best.
Shes a 4 star?
Interesting.
4☆ charged attack AOE

...she gains 5% Pyro damage per seal consumed on charge attack for 6 seconds. Doing another charge attack overwrites the buff...

Last edited:

deanote666

Gold Member
Are you able to reduce the world level more than 1 level? As in, can you go from WL 8 to WL 6 in 2 days?

WL6 but will probably go up to WL8 if I complete the quest.

BJK

Got Venti @60 pity; will have to give him the event bow, once I can Get it from the event (since I don’t have Stringless).

5-star: Venti, Ganyu, QiQi, Zhongli, Childe, (plus traveler)
4-star: Barbara C6, Ningguang C6, Xiangling C3, Fischl C3, Bennett C1 (plus all the other 4-star characters save for Rosaria, but none of them are leveled / geared enough to use)

Also have Skyward Atlas (on Ning) & the Jade (Crit Rate) sword (currently on Bennett)

Tempted to start saving for the next Archon, now that I have two of the Seven.

Pejo

Gold Member
Well, I did all branches of the Noelle hangout, and of course MiHoYo couldn't help but jam a bunch of NPC fetch quests in there. God dammit. I was hoping for a nice story with some interactions between traveler and the character, but 90% of the bullshit is "help me kill these slimes" or other boring awful quests.

The whole Liyue merchant quest branch felt like I was in the beginning of a bad NTR hentai.

Two of the 6 routes were ok though, and I like the idea of making you play as the character for their quests. It'd be even better if it was your current traveler along with your current *hangout quest target* character. I noticed for Noelle's part, they were using my actual Noelle with her R2 whiteblind, then for whatever fucking reason they swapped in a pre-built Noelle at the end with a greatsword of favonius. It's like 5 separate dev teams designed this mode without talking to each other. I also don't see any point of the heart meter that's in the cutscenes. Wonder if there's some mechanic behind it or if it's truly as useless as it looks.

At any rate, it's content, but they could have done so much better with it. The fact that they're fully voiced, even the NPCs, likely means that they're going to come slooowwwwww too. I'd have been just fine with text only if we were going to get 5 or 6 per patch. I hope there's an eventual part 2 for characters that get one too, there's plenty of room left to go for individual character stories. They really should have looked at FGO for how to write little character driven side stories, they're one of the best at it, and they're literally just using text and .pngs (not even animated).

Dregnel

genshin impact division are clowns "maintain a fair gaming environment with leaks" when you 180 pulls to guaranted a character, the only ones who defend them are the whales.

761QdNf.png

Last edited:

crumbs

It's lame that they downsized Rosaria's assets. That said, I find the boob physics/animations in this game distracting, but not in a good way. Very half-baked and unnatural.

Pejo

Gold Member
Boy, don't you just feel awful for them that somebody promoted their game for *free*.

I hope that account security tweet gets a lot of exposure, it's kinda stupid that we don't have MFA yet.

*edit*

Nice, can finally use these for something:
DHv5IE7q9LB7HG-MQ8kebXLhFxh5khd32_W0xxZfe7M.png

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
promoted their game for *free*.
They don't need anyone's help with promoting GI, they are worried that 1.4 will tank in sales, that's the only reason they care about leaks.Who in his right mind would pull on Rosaria/Childe when we will have a brand new 5☆ and a housing with new area coming in 1.5? 1.4 looked terrible even before leaks, now it looks like an utter trash filler update.

Need to find another addiction to send this piece of crap in the shitter.
Not gonna lie, you have the worst luck possible and I admire your dedication to GI lol

Maybe put better content in the game instead
They're really dragging the updates out. I have no idea why, their content pipeline can't be this empty...
when you 180 pulls to guaranted a character, the only ones who defend them are the whales.
Whales aren't happy too. They have money, but the game is freaking expensive for what it is.

Pity gave me Mona
Yeah, me too. Thankfully I got Cocogoat in the next 10 wishes.

Dregnel

Boy, don't you just feel awful for them that somebody promoted their game for *free*.

I hope that account security tweet gets a lot of exposure, it's kinda stupid that we don't have MFA yet.

*edit*

Nice, can finally use these for something:
DHv5IE7q9LB7HG-MQ8kebXLhFxh5khd32_W0xxZfe7M.png
i totally forgot about this system i only used it once.

Dregnel

Whales aren't happy too. They have money, but the game is freaking expensive for what it is.
So I don't know what they are then but I have seen some on twitter defending it, I think they are the same developers, the farming to get the characters is extreme 0.6% is outrageous, the leaks are necessary, I was planning on taking the whole month off playing if it weren't for the leaks.

Dregnel

This is supposedly official on the new look for the story quest screen.

it was something necessary, It always amazed me when people asked for a story about kaeya for example, this was before the hangout existed they asked for the typical story.

crumbs

So the following characters don't have story quests:

4 stars
Barbara - Hangout Option
Beidou
Bennett - Hangout Option
Chongyun - Hangout Option
Diona
Fischl - I guess the meteor event could be considered her quest, but new players are out of luck
Ninguang
Noelle - Hangout Option
Sucrose
Xinyan

5 stars
Keqing - Still disappointed she didn't have a quest during her banner.
Qiqi - Rumored in 1.5

So I guess the "Hangouts" will replace their story quests. Looks like you use the same story keys to unlock them.

I didn't have a chance to do a hangout yet. For those that have completed one, are you finding it better or worse than a typical story quest?

Top Bottom