• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
It doesn't have any worthy content now, so I have no idea why it still has the cold mechanic preventing the exploration. IMO mountain weather should have been cleared with the final quest or when we finished the blood tree sacrifices.
It has the weapons and artifact farm. Which artifact farm is kind of hilarious since Jean can just heal through it.

It's just artificial difficulty. I'd enjoy and go ore hunting in Dragonspine more if the temperature mechanics was gone.

Just wait until Pyro region where we have a heat gauge. : /

BlackM1st

Banned
Pyro region
Meanwhile in the water region:
drown murdoch mysteries GIF

Pejo

It has the weapons and artifact farm. Which artifact farm is kind of hilarious since Jean can just heal through it.

It's just artificial difficulty. I'd enjoy and go ore hunting in Dragonspine more if the temperature mechanics was gone.

Just wait until Pyro region where we have a heat gauge. : /
I think it'd be cool if they actually used the weather mechanic for stuff other than "wet" status.

Inazuma with lightning bolts is fine, if it's only during storms. Dragonspine cold mechanic is fine, but they should take advantage of the "levels" of cold that are already in the game. When it's bright and sunny, it grows very slowly. When it's night or during a snowstorm, ramp it up. That kind of thing.

YukiOnna

I think it'd be cool if they actually used the weather mechanic for stuff other than "wet" status.

Inazuma with lightning bolts is fine, if it's only during storms. Dragonspine cold mechanic is fine, but they should take advantage of the "levels" of cold that are already in the game. When it's bright and sunny, it grows very slowly. When it's night or during a snowstorm, ramp it up. That kind of thing.
Turn it into Sekiro where you can redirect Lightning on an enemy with a counter.
Genshin Souls.

Pejo

Love don't give wishes.

They should at least give us Amber love.
Best girl will get her chance, I have faith.

*edit*

What do you guys think about polearms for Rosaria. I'm thinking of giving her the Xiao spear I pulled forever ago, but the craftable ones look decent too.

vs
vs

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Anyone here wanna make a thread about this on main forum?
Yeah, I can see this going well, considering that people already call this game a waifu collector sim and all its players weebs lol "They reduced her b00bs, game is literally unplayable!" xD Nah, I think I'll pass this opportunity to a more brave soul. I'm ok with us bitching about her in here, in our safe space.

New characters are nice, finally something new. Something new that I can safely skip. Whew.

Y4gk1vl.png

Cryo is very popular with devs for some reason... I'm 99% positive I will skip her because I don't need another claymore user, especially if she's a cryo. Still, I like her looks even if it's another one piece swimsuit, so if she's as OP as Fire Batman I will pull the trigger.
REyDRe5.jpg

Look, another doofus! Nice colors though. Good thing that I have Klee, otherwise I would've been tempted. No visible safety shorts is a big plus in my book.

Pejo

Isn't it funny that these "leaks" always occur at the end of bad patches when the game is mostly dead.

Emoji Thinking GIF

Wonder if they're all 5* or if they're throwing us a bone with a 4* or two.

Clearly Cryo-claymore gal is a 5*, but the pyro and the earlier leak might be 4*. Here's hoping.

crumbs

These last 2 leaked characters look a lot better than the one posted earlier today.

It's amusing that characters like Ganyu and Yanfei are part "Illuminated beast", but their jobs are secretary and lawyer, respectively. I'm expecting the next character that is part mythical beast to also be an accountant.

Last edited:

Pejo

From Reddit for Cryo-gal skills:

SKILL INFORMATION:

Tap E: Cryo damage, adds a stack of "broken heart" which stacks up to 2 times. Hold E: Consume "broken heart", cause cryo damage, and reduce cryo/phys def by 20% at most. Q: Cause cryo damage in a large AOE, a field that lasts for 7s. Autos and E will charge up a stack. When the field ends, it does a large AOE phys damage, with MV increasing with number of stacks. Can reach up to 5000% MV

YukiOnna

Blue hair (actually white), knight, mature woman As you would expect of the first new character after 1.4 drought, she is a good character power-wise.

Ascension stat: Crit damage
Skills: Tap E: Cryo damage, adds a stack of "broken heart" which stacks up to 2 times.
Hold E: Consume "broken heart", cause cryo damage, and reduce cryo/phys def by 20% at most.
Q: Cause cryo damage in a large AOE, a field that lasts for 7s. Autos and E will charge up a stack. When the field ends, it does a large AOE phys damage, with MV increasing with number of stacks. Can reach up to 5000% MV

Talents: A2: Consuming 2 stacks of "broken heart" will deal an additional 50% of uncharged Q damage.
A4: AA crits will reduce CD of E by 0.3s.

Constellations: C1: Reduce CD of Hold E, so that it matches Tap E
C2: After consuming "broken heart", gain 50% phys damage for 6s. Duration can be extended by using C2 repeatedly.
C4: Deal 25% more damage to enemies with >50% HP. [T/N: Vague, most likely only applies to Q]
C6: Using Q will give you 5 Q stacks immediately, and crits have a 50% chance to give you another stack. [T/N: A little vague, might decrease field duration as well]

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1hV411Y7Zq

BlackM1st

Banned
Unless Ayaka ends up super nerfed(talking about gameplay)
If anything, she should be super buffed because she comes very lttp and 2.0 GI will be vastly different from Closed Beta GI power level wise. Not only she comes late, she's also a centerpiece for Inazuma's story her being a princess and all that. Plus, people are fucking crazy for her and I can't imagine a shitstorm that will happen if MiHo will nerf her. It's in their best interests to make her and Baal as OP as possible to drive 2.0 adoption/hype/pull rates.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Eula is tailored to be a 5 star unit anyway. So likely an easy skip. The Cryo AoE meta is just getting bigger.

As for Rosaria her best weapons are going to be Crescent Pike and Dragonspine Spear. Both F2P weapons.

I think the Staff of Homeless is like her 3rd best.

Maybe I'll complete Deathmatch for her if I can put together a Tank build. But I think Rosaria will benefit from Crescent/Dragonspine.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I think we are getting an influx of Cryo characters because we for a long time were completely devoid of them outside of Kaeya.

And they might be putting more out to give players incentive to mindlessly farm Cryo Artifact domain.

Pejo

Eula is tailored to be a 5 star unit anyway. So likely an easy skip. The Cryo AoE meta is just getting bigger.

As for Rosaria her best weapons are going to be Crescent Pike and Dragonspine Spear. Both F2P weapons.

I think the Staff of Homeless is like her 3rd best.

Maybe I'll complete Deathmatch for her if I can put together a Tank build. But I think Rosaria will benefit from Crescent/Dragonspine.
After doing a little theorizing, I think I'm going to try jade spear first. at max ascension/level it can give 22% crit rate, so with that and cryo artifacts/cryo resonance, I'd have damn near 50% crit rate without any other crit rate equipment. In theory, if I could roll all crit damage stats, she would be a monster.

Top Bottom