• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

YukiOnna

So the following characters don't have story quests:

4 stars
Barbara - Hangout Option
Beidou
Bennett - Hangout Option
Chongyun - Hangout Option
Diona
Fischl - I guess the meteor event could be considered her quest, but new players are out of luck
Ninguang
Noelle - Hangout Option
Sucrose
Xinyan

5 stars
Keqing - Still disappointed she didn't have a quest during her banner.
Qiqi - Rumored in 1.5

So I guess the "Hangouts" will replace their story quests. Looks like you use the same story keys to unlock them.

I didn't have a chance to do a hangout yet. For those that have completed one, are you finding it better or worse than a typical story quest?
I'll be pretty upset if Hangouts replace Story Quests when Keqing still doesn't have her own unless you only meant the 4 stars. Hangouts don't really work as a replacement with how they are imo. It's a neat concept, but needs some work as Pejo Pejo mentioned. Even Barbara's had a kill this monster group/do this fetch quest for little reason when it could have included some unique mini-games. I don't have a problem with the story aspect though.

Can't believe you didn't immediately saw it xD
I'm 2IQ when it comes to this stuff :messenger_downcast_sweat:

BlackM1st

Banned
Cor Lapis, and Electro Crystal
Nice.

So, did my mandatory x10 pull. Purple. Razor's C1. Bah, what a shitty constellation lmao.

Did additional 4 pulls just to get to round 10. Another purple. My first spear. Favonius Lance. Not bad. Not great, but not bad, really. Something that any spear user will be able to use. Unfortunately I don't have any spear users lol I will probably skip on Rosaria just because how close to pity I am.

Pejo

Gold Member
Welp, got all my materials to get Rosaria to 80, now I need to focus on XP books. I think it was like 416 Writs from 1 to 80, if I'm not mistaken. Thank god her world material was Valberries, I have just shy of 800 of them because they're the easiest thing to farm for the 100 Mondstadt local specialties BP mission.

Now watch Desire Sensor™ work as intended and I don't roll a single copy of her.

Dregnel

Welp, got all my materials to get Rosaria to 80, now I need to focus on XP books. I think it was like 416 Writs from 1 to 80, if I'm not mistaken. Thank god her world material was Valberries, I have just shy of 800 of them because they're the easiest thing to farm for the 100 Mondstadt local specialties BP mission.

Now watch Desire Sensor™ work as intended and I don't roll a single copy of her.
i remember i did like 100 pulls and i never had a copy of fishcl i just don't pull more than 30 pulls for a 4 star.

Pejo

Gold Member
i remember i did like 100 pulls and i never had a copy of fishcl i just don't pull more than 30 pulls for a 4 star.
I'm also in for Childe constellations, so either way I won't be too upset (as long as I don't get Qiqi constellations - that's the only thing that could ruin my day).

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Who in his right mind would pull on Rosaria/Childe
I feel targeted.

Jokes aside...I think the leaks are a boon to players and a bane to Mihoyo because their gacha model overall is terrible and exploitative and leaks basically allow players that are more F2P to save up for characters/weapons they want.

It's why I would prefer roadmaps so players know what's happening over say a yearly cycle but Mihoyo over here is more about getting you to spend as much as possible by keeping you in the dark.

Edit: Outside of leaks there is no interesting content. The events are pretty lame and their stamina system is too limiting. If you had a lot more fun content to do people wouldn't be bored. And no one wants to do Spiral Whale Fishing.

I feel like it would be better if they made some content that took some time to do and not your 5 minute daily garbage. RNG commissions locking you out of achievements is also kinda silly.

With the luck Fuz gets Mihoyo may as well send them a copy of the Hilichurl language.

Last edited:

Dregnel

I feel targeted.

Jokes aside...I think the leaks are a boon to players and a bane to Mihoyo because their gacha model overall is terrible and exploitative and leaks basically allow players that are more F2P to save up for characters/weapons they want.

It's why I would prefer roadmaps so players know what's happening over say a yearly cycle but Mihoyo over here is more about getting you to spend as much as possible by keeping you in the dark.
actually if you don't want leaks you need to pay to thousands of private testers within your company, which is too expensive, really expensive, epic games does this.

if don't want leaks use those billions you earn in security for both your company and your users
south park beat a dead horse GIF

YukiOnna

The leaks thing is so easy to address I'm shocked it wasn't the standard upon launching this game... Should have stuck to closed beta/NDA or internal testing.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The leaks thing is so easy to address I'm shocked it wasn't the standard upon launching this game... Should have stuck to closed beta/NDA or internal testing.
Would have made the most sense. I feel like Mihoyo just fighting themselves on this issue.

Those planning on saving for Eula better get a headstart on getting Dandelion Seeds. One of the rarest materials in the game on a 3 day respawn timer. >_<

Pejo

Gold Member
I think it'd be fun if they made all of their employees actually play the game. Even the janitors and the C-level employees. Maybe then we'd actually get some decent improvements to shitty characters, systems, and content.

BlackM1st

Banned
I feel targeted.
LOL

With the luck Fuz gets Mihoyo may as well send them a copy of the Hilichurl language.
Yeah, he and his quest/heroes luck with GI is a sad story of toxic relationships xD

One of the rarest materials in the game on a 3 day respawn timer. >_<
Fuck the rarity, my Klee doesn't give a F, but it's so annoying to actually collect them, ugh, I hate switching to useless Anemo heroes.

I feel like it would be better if they made some content that took some time to do
Yeah, something that you can work for 10 or 50 minutes a day depending on your free time. People love to fill progress lines, so absence of long term goals really hurts GI.

Dregnel

I think it'd be fun if they made all of their employees actually play the game. Even the janitors and the C-level employees. Maybe then we'd actually get some decent improvements to shitty characters, systems, and content.
beta tester is a job, sounds like a joke but I have a friend who earns 1500 Canadian dollars and is paid by the hours, of course you need to go to a place with cameras and you don't want to lose your job so they don't leak.

if you make the people does this job for free you can't expect quality, in itself they are doing you a favor.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Would have made the most sense. I feel like Mihoyo just fighting themselves on this issue.

Those planning on saving for Eula better get a headstart on getting Dandelion Seeds. One of the rarest materials in the game on a 3 day respawn timer. >_<
Sometimes it feels like they spent 4 years developing this game and forgetting to prioritize the basic necessities. I shouldn't have known about Ayaka or Hu Tao the way I did tbh.

Certainly because it feels like criticism is the outlier. When I see what social media is saying about this game- I must live in a different world.

Pejo

Gold Member
beta tester is a job, sounds like a joke but I have a friend who earns 1500 Canadian dollars and is paid by the hours, of course you need to go to a place with cameras and you don't want to lose your job so they don't leak.

if you make the people does this job for free you can't expect quality, in itself they are doing you a favor.
I was mostly being facetious, paid testers are a good solution here of course. I also do appreciate when the devs of a game play the game they're building though.

Dregnel

I was mostly being facetious, paid testers are a good solution here of course. I also do appreciate when the devs of a game play the game they're building though.

yea i know I only added information in case no one knows, but really the developer himself finds it very difficult to fully test the game because many things can happen in games you need the testers, mainly in open worlds, that was what happened to cyberpunk they only used a small testing team among the developers.

crumbs

Animations look good and unique for the most part.

They did a good job making Eula's claymore movements look powerful, but still graceful. The AoE on her elemental skill looks pretty big.

The volleyball serve on the Yanfei 3rd attack is pretty funny, otherwise she looks like a 4 star.

BlackM1st

Banned
When I see what social media is saying about this game- I must live in a different world.
There's a defense force for anything, don't mind it.
Animations look good and unique for the most part.
Hu Tao am cry lol

The volleyball serve on the Yanfei 3rd attack is pretty funn
She's fast.

otherwise she looks like a 4 star
She looks like a total dork/bookworm who never goes outside and have no idea how to dress properly.
Damn, that's nice. But what about boars and birds? I'm already in a Goat milk business, now I want to become a proper farmer...

Pejo

Gold Member
Man that new ice claymore has fancy animations but looks even more braindead than Diluc to play. I want to be excited because I like the design but...ehhh.

Fire character is pretty much Klee Lite®. Extremely disappointing because I was hoping for an off-field support and she's just literally Klee but worse and worse stats by nature of not being 5*. Why even bother to make the same character twice?

Bleh.

YukiOnna

Man that new ice claymore has fancy animations but looks even more braindead than Diluc to play. I want to be excited because I like the design but...ehhh.

Fire character is pretty much Klee Lite®. Extremely disappointing because I was hoping for an off-field support and she's just literally Klee but worse and worse stats by nature of not being 5*. Why even bother to make the same character twice?

Bleh.
Don't think they put much thought into any sort of meta or balancing at this point.

crumbs

Bleh.
Maybe they feel the need to offer Dollar Store versions of 5 stars for the players that weren't fortunate to pull the real thing.

Or maybe they don't plan these releases out at all. We had a single polearm character for months; now it seems like every new character is using a polearm. Hard to say.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Bleh.

Actually the fire mage is more like Ningguang in playstyle.

Eula is only really interesting in her 2 stacking mechanics for her E and Burst respectively. 2 stacks on her E for either damage or boosted defense/superarmor and quite a lot of stacks for her Burst. I think whaled out it can get to 30 stacks? Very much a powercreep character.

But yeah ultimately I find them boring. Mainly because I prefer high APM...which they lack severely.

BlackM1st

Banned
Man that new ice claymore has fancy animations but looks even more braindead than Diluc to play.
My favorite hero type: a walking "I won" button. But yeah, she's absolutely mediocre and brings absolutely nothing new that we didn't saw earlier. Popsicle guy and Fire Batman exist and she's not making them obsolete. No water walking, no mega high jumps, no teleportation, no strong magic paladin style abilities, no nothing. Just a girl with a nice ass that can hit with an ice.

Pejo

Gold Member
Don't think they put much thought into any sort of meta or balancing at this point.
Agreed. They could have at least given Eula a unique charge attack instead of just slapping the Beidou one on her and calling it a day. I feel like all 5*s should have some sort of gimmick with their Charge Attacks. Qiqi, Traveler, and Keqing probably need them the most.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Budget Venti is better then regular Venti tho. CD reduction by using regular attacks and stellar AoE with delicious knockup. Venti just a one trick Archon with his Burst.

They just need more 5*'s like Jean. Fun to use, big utility, can be used on any team and rarity is offset by being able to be pulled on any banner.

People might also bitch less and avoid another Zhong Li situation.

Pejo

Gold Member
Whew, Eula fanart is already underway. God bless the Genshin art team, at least, for giving fan artists some good source material.

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm still salty as fuck.

Porca madonna.
Well, Mona x Xiao ults basically guarantee a stage clear, so it's something. Plus, she's fast and can get you to Geo boss directly from teleport, without annoying detour.

we're in Communities now so the rules are off!
We need to come back to the front page, we sure as F doesn't have a community, but discussions here are pretty lively, even wild sometimes xD

Top Bottom