• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Azerare

Apparently the servers can't handle people opening a bunch of packs. I don't know why it's still like this almost a full day later. Isn't the whole point of Azure to be able to avoid these types of issues?
I guess I'll wait on the fix before I buy the season pass for the air drop

Sponging was awful last night for me. People were eating point blanks like they were nothing, I turned it off a very unhappy chappy.

If it's like it again today, I'll drop the game for a bit and come back when is everything is as it should be.

Just to add, it wasn't typical Gears of War bullshit either, it was much, much worse. lol

Only took like 12 packs but I finally got the Onyx Gold Hammerburst. Think I'm done with that pack now, even though I didn't get the Gnasher unfortunately.

Theorry

"Hi all -

Due to our downtimes this weekend we will be extending the Developer Playlist and the Onyx Gold packs for at least 24 hours. We may extend the credit offering beyond 24 hours on the Onyx Gold Packs as well but marketplace for real currency will only be extended 24 hours.

We will also be doing a Double XP playlist next weekend to help make up for the downtime next weekend. We apologize for the downtime.

As of now, most issues should be resolved. Credits, XP, Progression may lag a little while the servers catch up on all the calls that occurred during the downtime. They are still being earned in the background but the servers need to catch up on awarding all the credits/XP earned over the past day so it may seem like you aren't earning anything but you still are. We will be checking in again in the morning. "

I think I have time to earn one more Gold Onyx pack. I have bought 14 of them so far. Still missing the Onyx Gnasher and Legendary Sniper skins :(

Loomba

I haven't been getting XP or credits all weekend? Like it's been 202 all weekend but not adding up at all. Will I get everything back or are they gone?

Voliko

Is there a known issue with crashing on Xbox One? I've been watching my brother try to get in a game and everytime it shows the level splash screen it crashes. Happened last night and he went to try it again it said he was banned for 15 minutes, like what the hell? Fast forward to right now and it just happened again, it crashes every damn time now. It's happened at least six times now.

Froze then crashed on me today in the middle of a game

I haven't been getting XP or credits all weekend? Like it's been 202 all weekend but not adding up at all. Will I get everything back or are they gone?

I've gotten some of it 10+ hours later. But, no one knows for sure if we'll get it all.

I find it kind of refreshing to not caring about bounties/XP/credits these last couple of days. All that nonsense has kind of ruined the game in a way.

Figments

Servers seem better. Also, what gives? Has TC even started competitive seasons yet? Because I'd love to get re-ranked, been stuck at Silver 1 for months now.

Electret

I actually got into a match today but halfway through the connection dropped and every player kept running in a straight line until they hit a wall.

Also, weird end of campaign glitch:
the first swarmak you fight as the giant DB disappeared after I went up to it and attempted the execution, which failed and he continued to run around the map shooting me invisibly. lol. Had to reset the checkpoint.

I actually got into a match today but halfway through the connection dropped and every player kept running in a straight line until they hit a wall.

That only happens to me when the game is lagging out. I get that white lag icon in the lower right hand corner of the screen too.
On another matter, Im considering buying the Lightning Gnasher and Lancer skins. Usually Im not a big fan of animated skins either, but these look pretty cool. I have all the characters I want now, so once I save that 4800 Scrap, I'll probably take the plunge.

Has anyone received their credits and XP from the weekend? I played a shitload of matches on Saturday morning and am still waiting on them to get updated.

Man, How long ago Gears 1 seems. I played the shit out of that game, No XP, no gun skins, no leveling system,

It honestly baffles me how some need that carrot and stick to be interested in a game these days. Once I get Anthony and a Locust Grenadier I can completely ignore this wack ass crafting micro transactions system entirely

So, I tried the Windows 10 Store earlier last year with Quantum Break and was burned with repeating downloads, not being to access the folder where the UWP was stored without a whack permissions work around, not being able to set download location etc and called it quits.

Downloaded Gears of War 4 for Win10 on a recommendation from a brother last night and ... my life has been changed. I'd been playing on my S, since I got one after my jaunt with the Win10Store, and the game looked good, very good.

But I boot up the game last night and I automatically get put to Ultra on everything, and I'm getting 60fps in Horde with pristine IQ (for a 1080p screen without having messed with any supersampling).

Now I have all kinds of ideas running through my head, selling off my Xbox and going PC only, blah blah. Of course, GOW4 is a fantastic PC port, so I shouldn't make a rash move yet. Think I should wait until E3 to see what Microsoft's plan for Xbox Play Anywhere is, seeing that they seem interested in continuing to build gaming on Windows 10, with the upcoming Game Mode, etc, I dunno.

Acrylic7

Just switched to tournament controls and wow I play way more aggressively and better. 1 huge issue I'm having though is my right stick is was less sensitive when I'm running. How on Earth do I fix this?

Just switched to tournament controls and wow I play way more aggressively and better. 1 huge issue I'm having though is my right stick is was less sensitive when I'm running. How on Earth do I fix this?

Tournament is certainly a game changer.

I play with an elite controller. The right paddle is Roadie Run/Roll while the left paddle is take cover. Makes a huge difference to my movement and i feel i play much better. No more accidental rolls when trying to jump into cover.

As for your right stick Im not too sure. Obviously you've tried upping the sensitivity?

Maybe try the Xbox accessories app on the One, you can edit controller settings and stick sensitivitybeyond what the game lets you. (I dont think you even need an Elite controller to use the app anymore)

Acrylic7

Tournament is certainly a game changer.

I play with an elite controller. The right paddle is Roadie Run/Roll while the left paddle is take cover. Makes a huge difference to my movement and i feel i play much better. No more accidental rolls when trying to jump into cover.

As for your right stick Im not too sure. Obviously you've tried upping the sensitivity?

Maybe try the Xbox accessories app on the One, you can edit controller settings and stick sensitivitybeyond what the game lets you. (I dont think you even need an Elite controller to use the app anymore)

yeah sensitivity is max. I cant find this issue.

yeah sensitivity is max. I cant find this issue.

Did you try using the Xbox accessories app?

Maybe a a faulty controller? Is it just Gears you have this issue with?

Also did anyone get their XP and credits from the weekend yet? I think I got mine, but it seems vastly less than what I think it should have been

Loomba

Did you try using the Xbox accessories app?

Maybe a a faulty controller? Is it just Gears you have this issue with?

Also did anyone get their XP and credits from the weekend yet? I think I got mine, but it seems vastly less than what I think it should have been

Yeah I got about 900 credits which seems about right. Don't know about the XP wasn't paying attention.

AXE

So yesterday everything worked out fine.

Today I come home from work and boot the game... unable to chat. Teredo issue.

Literally did nothing on the PC between.

What gives?

I just picked up this game recently, so maybe I'm mistaken, but last night I scrapped some cards and got...scrap for them, which I used to craft. Today I did the same thing, burned through a bunch of stuff I didn't want and I didn't get anything. So now my cards are gone AND I've got nothing to show for it. I'm pretty sure I did everything the same way I did it last night when it worked. What's going on? Did I just get glitched out of a scarce resource?

Azerare

I just picked up this game recently, so maybe I'm mistaken, but last night I scrapped some cards and got...scrap for them, which I used to craft. Today I did the same thing, burned through a bunch of stuff I didn't want and I didn't get anything. So now my cards are gone AND I've got nothing to show for it. I'm pretty sure I did everything the same way I did it last night when it worked. What's going on? Did I just get glitched out of a scarce resource?
I think they said you may need to try to relaunch the game if you have that issue. Like close it out and start it out.

Theorry

Still a shame we arent getting any story dlc. They could have done something pretty cool with Oscar imo. That you play him after he frees himself from the Snatcher and needs to find a way back to civilization or something. Like during the whole night

malfcn

Still a shame we arent getting any story dlc. They could have done something pretty cool with Oscar imo. That you play him after he frees himself from the Snatcher and needs to find a way back to civilization or something. Like during the whole night

Or how he became a Luchador.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
horde is such a fucking waste of time in this game. I thought I'd jump back as it's double XP and right on cue people quit at wave 20 two games in a row. Those bounties were the worst thing they put in that game.

horde is such a fucking waste of time in this game. I thought I'd jump back as it's double XP and right on cue people quit at wave 20 two games in a row. Those bounties were the worst thing they put in that game.

Y'know what I'd do is add a surrender condition with a 4/5 requirement. You only get the bounty if you either a) win or b) all vote to surrender.

Might lead to some harassment, tho.

So, I tried the Windows 10 Store earlier last year with Quantum Break and was burned with repeating downloads, not being to access the folder where the UWP was stored without a whack permissions work around, not being able to set download location etc and called it quits.

Downloaded Gears of War 4 for Win10 on a recommendation from a brother last night and ... my life has been changed. I'd been playing on my S, since I got one after my jaunt with the Win10Store, and the game looked good, very good.

But I boot up the game last night and I automatically get put to Ultra on everything, and I'm getting 60fps in Horde with pristine IQ (for a 1080p screen without having messed with any supersampling).

Now I have all kinds of ideas running through my head, selling off my Xbox and going PC only, blah blah. Of course, GOW4 is a fantastic PC port, so I shouldn't make a rash move yet. Think I should wait until E3 to see what Microsoft's plan for Xbox Play Anywhere is, seeing that they seem interested in continuing to build gaming on Windows 10, with the upcoming Game Mode, etc, I dunno.

This all just happened to me this past week.
I couldnt take horde at the lower fps anymore nor campaign so I finally downloaded my free PC copy and man is it awesome.
Considering selling my X1 as gears is the only reason I own it but the only issue is theres no true crossplay.
So VS population is weak outside of the occasional dedicated playlists that come and go.

I can't manage to uninstall this on my PC. UWP is a fucking joke. I chose to uninstall it in the Windows 10 menu. The Win 10 Store claims it's no longer installed. However, all the files are still on my computer. But, apparently it's really terrible to allow me the rights to delete them manually. Does anyone know how to work around this nonsense? I really don't want ~95GB to just lie there on my SSD.

EDIT: I figured it out. I had to uninstall it with my admin account for some reason.

TRios Zen

I don't know, I appreciate what TC was trying to do with the match quit penalties, but it only seems to have negatively affected me.

People still quit and leave me on uneven teams and if it gets REAL uneven, you just have to sit there and get shat on or leave and suffer a penalty. Plus 2-3 nights ago, I got booted from a match and every time I tried to re-connect it would not let me; so through not fault of my own I got the 10 minute ban.

I only play core, but I preferred it w/o quit penalties TBH.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
OMFG the horde qutting is so much more rampant lately!

i just want to do a full run please!

Especially when you can possibly win prizes for doing so! I REALLY wish there weren't Horde bounties for getting to wave 20. I pretty much expect folks to drop at wave 21.

I need help, Gears. I love Gears of War, but I SUCK at Vs. I just can't seem to get a hold of wall bouncing, and double tapping with the Gnasher, so I get my ass handed to me. It's why I pretty much just play Horde.

How do I get good?

I wouldn't worry about wall bouncing to be honest. It's overrated and strafing is better in a majority of situations. Also using cover to your advantage by dropping into cover for a second to throw off their aim then coming out with a shot of your own is a good thing to practice.

I use popshotting (quickly tap LT before shooting) as well. I have no clue if it's the best way to shoot the Gnasher in Gears 4 but it's what I've been doing for a decade at this point so there's no way I'm breaking that habit.

Here are some of my best Gnasher based clips, maybe they can help to understand what I mean. There are also a couple bounces mixed in there but it's usually just one bounce off cover to throw off the opponent's aim which, in my opinion, is way more effective than just spam bouncing. It's something that can be added into your game later once you're more comfortable with the movement and the Gnasher.

http://xboxclips.com/BananasWithGuns/e81460d5-667d-4a52-8a21-447d8367e733
http://xboxclips.com/BananasWithGuns/b020f9e2-7077-4f7a-a6aa-6a4f01715094
http://xboxclips.com/BananasWithGuns/807cc685-c0e5-4b85-a6cb-a02d4bedb07f

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Here are some of my best Gnasher based clips, maybe they can help to understand what I mean. There are also a couple bounces mixed in there but it's usually just one bounce off cover to throw off the opponent's aim which, in my opinion, is way more effective than just spam bouncing. It's something that can be added into your game later once you're more comfortable with the movement and the Gnasher.

http://xboxclips.com/BananasWithGuns/e81460d5-667d-4a52-8a21-447d8367e733
http://xboxclips.com/BananasWithGuns/b020f9e2-7077-4f7a-a6aa-6a4f01715094
http://xboxclips.com/BananasWithGuns/807cc685-c0e5-4b85-a6cb-a02d4bedb07f

JESUS. CHRIST.

How did you not get slaughtered in that first video? You had 2 guys on top of you, with another rushing you from behind. The third video just looked like folks who didn't really know what they were doing. The 3rd dude that you fragged still was holding his sniper rifle while he watched you kill his buddies.

...I would have been one of the buddies. :(

JESUS. CHRIST.

How did you not get slaughtered in that first video? You had 2 guys on top of you, with another rushing you from behind. The third video just looked like folks who didn't really know what they were doing. The 3rd dude that you fragged still was holding his sniper rifle while he watched you kill his buddies.

...I would have been one of the buddies. :(

Probably worth mentioning that the first and third clips are in Arms Race so they were locked into the sniper rifles in those clips which obviously makes it a little easier and why I was so aggressive against them but they're still good examples of how I use the Gnasher.

Arms Race is also a great mode for getting the feel of the weapons as well and might be worth trying out. As long as you don't feed the enemy team a bunch of kills then you'll pretty much always be helping the team positively.

I don't know, I appreciate what TC was trying to do with the match quit penalties, but it only seems to have negatively affected me.

People still quit and leave me on uneven teams and if it gets REAL uneven, you just have to sit there and get shat on or leave and suffer a penalty. Plus 2-3 nights ago, I got booted from a match and every time I tried to re-connect it would not let me; so through not fault of my own I got the 10 minute ban.

I only play core, but I preferred it w/o quit penalties TBH.

I commend The Coalition for trying to curb quitting. But the penalties should be implemented in conjunction with real fixes that tackle why people feel the need to quit in the first place.

Matchmaking is extremely poor. I'm a diamond rank but NEVER get paired with others in my class. I'm constantly playing in a team where three of my teammates have got 35+ deaths between them and 10 kills combined.

I win around 60 per cent of my games, but unless I play out of my skin, it's always an uphill struggle. Not to mention that the game still starts matches with uneven teams.

Weapon balance in core modes is poor across the board. Every weapon is lethal. The Gnasher while not only inconsistent is a two-shot-down monster.

I've stopped playing. Not because I hate the game. But it's broken at a fundamental level with lop-sided teams and overpowered guns sucking all the fun out of it.

On a personal note, I'd like to see them introduce some more unique maps as well. Almost every location feels pretty vanilla.

The Coalition should have a long hard look at Gears of War 2 for inspiration... instead of feeding me Blood Drive and Clocktower again.

Top Bottom