• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

JB1981

Didn't fully appreciate how buttery smooth this game plays and feels until I went back to play Gears 3 multiplayer. Ahhhh!! It's like playing in sluggish slo-mo. I can never go back to 30fps

AlStrong

I think red and green are suppose to be synonymous with Christmas or the holiday season.

Obviously.

The other two are just garish and garbage tier colour choices. Guess they have to save some 0xXXXXXX colour shader adjustments for following years. *sigh*

whats a good control scheme?
coming from titanfall and halo. i keep jumbling the controls
Tournament, in my opinion. The equivalent of bumper jumper for Gears, puts the take cover/evade button on the left bumper so you keep your right thumb planted on the right stick as often as possible.

The ranking system just isn't working properly. I am playing with people who, to be frank, are not in the same league as me or other people in the game.

It throws off the balance of the match and isn't fun for players who are getting hammered.

It's frustrating to constantly see a couple of people propping up the leaderboard with 20+ deaths between them and just a handful of kills.

We all have the bad game, but these people are getting slaughtered to the point where you know not all is as it should be.

You're either on a team killing people left and right or you're making the best of it on the other side of the fence.

I'm a solo ranked player so I suppose this sticks out to me more than many people who play with a friend or in a group (though I'm sure the latter experiences a fair few rollovers).

Maybe there's just not enough players to pool gamers of the same skill level?

Tournament, in my opinion. The equivalent of bumper jumper for Gears, puts the take cover/evade button on the left bumper so you keep your right thumb planted on the right stick as often as possible.

Im pretty sure this is the configuration all those crazy wall-bouncers use. I should switch to this myself, but I've become used to the default layout and Im feeling too lazy too move right now.
If the tourny layout gives such a huge advantage, Im not sure why the devs didnt make it the default. New players usually get torn apart as it is. If veterans can use their experience AND (unbeknownst to the newbs) a better button layout against them, then I dont think thats good for encouraging them to stick with Gears.

3 acts completed. The most boring, cliche and repetitive AAA game I maybe have ever played. I love the Gears franchise, but what coalition has done is basically satire of everything wrong with safe AAA games. I'm going to have to force myself to finish this shit

What a disappointment.

I haven't touched the MP yet, so I can't comment on that
It's alright, some interesting level design in the second half, also thought the DeeBees were an interesting mixup. Better than Halo 5 (which people hate right?)

Anyway, Gears has always been gameplay first and thus had a solid multiplayer and horde mode to fall back on (unlike, say, Uncharted 4).

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
The ranking system just isn't working properly. I am playing with people who, to be frank, are not in the same league as me or other people in the game.

It throws off the balance of the match and isn't fun for players who are getting hammered.

It's frustrating to constantly see a couple of people propping up the leaderboard with 20+ deaths between them and just a handful of kills.

We all have the bad game, but these people are getting slaughtered to the point where you know not all is as it should be.

You're either on a team killing people left and right or you're making the best of it on the other side of the fence.

I'm a solo ranked player so I suppose this sticks out to me more than many people who play with a friend or in a group (though I'm sure the latter experiences a fair few rollovers).

I hear you. I'm a solo ranked player, too. I'm either part of the freight train or get run over by it. A good, competitive match is a rare thing.

Dosia

How does ranking work anyways? When I first started I played in groups with silver and gold and pretty much got owned. It put me in bronze 2. For the past 2 weeks though when I play with them I hold my own and finish in the middle or top of our team but never move up. Will I be a forever bronze?

I played a few ranked solos against true bronze players and they were awful. Like they didnt even roadie run. Should I just slaughter them for a few days?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
How does ranking work anyways? When I first started I played in groups with silver and gold and pretty much got owned. It put me in bronze 2. For the past 2 weeks though when I play with them I hold my own and finish in the middle or top of our team but never move up. Will I be a forever bronze?

I played a few ranked solos against true bronze players and they were awful. Like they didnt even roadie run. Should I just slaughter them for a few days?

You'll eventually get moved up. I've gone from Bronze to Onyx 3 in a couple of weeks.

Natural

I know what you mean, when I see people getting battered and finishing with like 3 kills and 20 deaths, I can't imagine them having had any fun playing that match.

Im pretty sure this is the configuration all those crazy wall-bouncers use. I should switch to this myself, but I've become used to the default layout and Im feeling too lazy too move right now.
If the tourny layout gives such a huge advantage, Im not sure why the devs didnt make it the default. New players usually get torn apart as it is. If veterans can use their experience AND (unbeknownst to the newbs) a better button layout against them, then I dont think thats good for encouraging them to stick with Gears.
The crazy wallbouncers probably go one step further and use Tournament Alt, which separates the Evade/Roadia Run function from Take Cover/Mantle on the Left Bumper and places it on X. Classic Alt does the same, but keeps A as Take Cover/Mantle. That way you can wallbounce without accidentally evading. I personally stick to just regular Tournament because Tournament Alt still requires you to take your thumb off of the right stick to Evade/Roadie Run.

That's how it's done.

Screenshot-Original.png

JB1981

Guess I ranked up to a point where I'm being matched up with good players and I'm getting smoked. This always happens to me in Gears. You start being matched with a certain skill pool and you just get murdered

That's how it's done.

Won a similar game myself in a 2v5 situation. I've also been on the other side where you lose a game despite having more players.

If the opposition is missing one player, it's acceptable, but not great. If I lose against a team of three, I'm tearing my hair out.

Some players just push way too hard and give the game away, I've jumped into game chat a few times to tell my teammates to get ahold of themselves before it's too late. :p

@JB1981: What rank are now?

JB1981

Won a similar game myself in a 2v5 situation. I've also been on the other side where you lose a game despite having more players.

If the opposition is missing one player, it's acceptable, but not great. If I lose against a team of three, I'm tearing my hair out.

Some players just push way too hard and give the game away, I've jumped into game chat a few times to tell my teammates to get ahold of themselves before it's too late. :p

@JB1981: What rank are now?

Only 47

Progression is incredibly slow in this game. I feel like the experience system is built with the assumption you'll be burning through bounties non-stop but, in reality, I never have any.

I scrap everything for characters and have to grind like crazy to even afford a single elite pack... and then I get a load of crap. lol

I'm saving up scrap to try and buy Vintage Marcus which is essentially forcing me to buy packs in hopes of getting something good so I can scrap it.

I only play TDM, so it takes hours at a time to get packs.

And scrap that I am saving to go into characters isn't being used on bounties so I have none.

The in-game economy is totally broken and is not satisfying or rewarding at all. If I didn't just love playing I'd have stopped long ago because Gears of War 4 does a lousy job of incentivising play.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Progression is incredibly slow in this game. I feel like the experience system is built with the assumption you'll be burning through bounties non-stop but, in reality, I never have any.

I scrap everything for characters and have to grind like crazy to even afford a single elite pack... and then I get a load of crap. lol

I'm saving up scrap to try and buy Vintage Marcus which is essentially forcing me to buy packs in hopes of getting something good so I can scrap it.

And scrap that I am saving to go into characters isn't being used on bounties so I have none.

The in-game economy is totally broken and is not satisfying or rewarding at all. If I didn't just love playing I'd have stopped long ago because Gears of War 4 does a lousy job of incentivising play.

The biggest complaint about the game. Which is a shame because like Halo 5. It's the best. But the economy makes me hate it.

Loomba

Yep. I agree.

Although I kind of lucked out when the Gary Carmine was out because I got about 8 of them and could scrap them for 150 each. They have changed the special character unlocks now though so they are only worth 20, just mean imo everything costs too much as it is.

Ballistik

I have been completely discouraged to play the past 2-3 weeks because the games that matchmaking finds me are rarely evenly matched. Only once in maybe ten searches does it find something decent. Sure, when I search I get a match almost instantly, but I get the impression that it is prioritizing speed over the actual skill of my opponents.

So that brings me to the next problem which everyone experiences, quitters. Even before the first round is over, there's already a quitter. Then you have to go ahead and finish a very boring and sleepy match.

Those fun moments of having close matches where the score is tight up until the very end... is few and far between.

Acrylic7

I get way more Legendary and Epic stuff from the 400 cr Versus Boosters. The elite packs are complete BS, dont invest in them.
Just save up the 3500cr and then buy 8 Versus Boosters and you will be happy at the results you get vs that 1 elite pack.

Theorry

Title Update 3: January 10th 2017
XB1 - ~7GB // Win10 ~ 9GB

Title Update 3 for Gears of War 4 is releasing ~10am PDT on January 10th 2017. Note: There may be disruption from 9am PDT onwards as we transition to this new Title Update. We recommend not starting any extended gameplay sessions near this time.

Series 2 Release and Two Maps
Two new maps and Series 2 of our Gear Pack content arrives with Title Update 3, delivering hundreds of new Cards to collect. We'll be announcing details on all this and more tomorrow morning (PDT) - stay tuned for all the info.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Series 2 content will be Craftable once you download the Title Update, but will not be available in Gear Packs for a few hours following the update. If you are looking to acquire new Series 2 content, please withhold from buying Gear Packs until we confirm the Cards are available in the pool.

Combatting Quitters – Phase 1
Combatting quitting has been a top priority for us at the studio. We’ve been working hard since launch to introduce new punitive measures in Gears of War 4 that encourage staying to the end of the match and actively participating in Core and Competitive play.

As of TU3, we’re introducing new features as a first phase of updates to combat quitting in Core / Competitive. As of this update, players who quit a Core or Competitive Match will now be suspended from all matchmaking of any kind for a limited time to discourage drop out behavior – with the biggest time punishments going to the first player to quit the match. In addition, the more you quit, the longer the suspension you will receive from playing matchmaking.

If your connection temporarily dropped or your pet tripped the power cable, all is not lost. Players can rejoin the match they left (provided it’s still in progress) for up to 5 minutes from the time they quit through a new ‘Rejoin Match’ option in the main Versus menu. Rejoining and completing the match will result in no penalties.

With these new features, we hope to see a major improvement in player mentality to committing to a match in Core and Competitive. We have further quit penalty and balanced match features in the works – including Core/Competitive pre-game lobbies – coming in future Title Updates to further improve the online experience.

- Players leaving a Core/Competitive game early will now be suspended from matchmaking
- Players can rejoin a Core/Competitive match within 5 minutes of being dropped or quitting from an option in the main Versus menu
- Rejoining and completing a match will remove the matchmaking suspension time
- Added functionality to display matchmaking suspension time (including to your Squad Leader). You will not be able to matchmake if your Squad contains a suspended user until their suspension has completed.

Spectator Mode Improvements
As we enter 2017 to continue the huge season of Gears of War 4 eSports ahead, a small part of our team have been working on improvements to the Spectator Mode experience for viewers and casters.

This latest update brings far more information for viewers to follow the action, while reducing the real estate taken up by Player Cards to make them more viable for use when streaming tournaments. We’re excited to see what fans and casters think of these improvements over the coming months!

- Player Cards have been re-designed to take up less visual space
- Player ammo and reloads are now visible in the Spectator Mode UI
- Crosshairs are now visible to Spectators
- Respawn timers are now displayed on Player Cards
- Weapons holstered onto a player’s back can now be seen in Spectator Mode
- ‘K’ keyboard button now removes spectator inputs UI and/or the black bar altogether
- ‘L’ keyboard button toggles Player Cards to the far edges of the screen or normal positioning
- ‘V’, ‘B’ and ‘N’ keyboard buttons now jump to specific Escalation hill battle cameras
- Fixed an issue with X-Ray vision not rendering as intended
- Made X-Ray a ‘toggle’ rather than ‘Press-And-Hold’
- Fixed the ordering of players in Competitive UI to match the Lobby Order
- Pressing B while holding Jump Cam now cancels a pending Jump Cam
- Added new mapping for specific face buttons for specific camera modes, listed below:
Gamepad ‘A’, Keyboard ‘Z’ -> Switches to Player or Follow Cam. If already in Player Cam, switch to Follow Cam and vice versa. Last used mode is saved as your preference when switching back to Player/Follow Cam from other modes and when using the Jump Cam
Gamepad ‘X’, Keyboard ‘X’ -> Switch to Ghost Cam
Gamepad ‘Y’, Keyboard ‘C’ -> Switch to Battle Cam
Other Fixes
- Skill ranking will now be visible again at the end of match scoreboard
- Added ‘Spawns Swapped’ UI when spawns flip in Versus
- Increased the Energy cost of the Hammer of Dawn Strike in Horde
- Increased Escalation Win and Loss bonuses
- Increased Escalation Win Bounty Rewards
- Tuned criteria and rewards for King of the Hill Bounties
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to teleport Energy to their position in Horde
- Squad Members can immediately see when they have been removed from a Squad
- The ‘Horde Skills’ UI Notification alerting you to new skills now works correctly
- Horde Skill cards can now be equipped and unequipped in the Horde Skills inventory
- Added UI notification to show new Cards in your collection when opening Gear Packs
- Improved UI on Turret Heat bar
- Improved performance when switching tabs in Card view menus
- Added slider to control how long text chat remains visible after a message
- The Longshot can no longer shoot through walls if positioned through a 90 degree corner
- Added a Duplicates Only filter to the Inventory Menu
- Fixed an issue where audio slowly cut out in Horde
- Fixed an issue allowing grenade effects to continue into the next round in Versus
- Removed an exploit allowing users to break the map boundaries in Horde on Foundation
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to respawn out of the map boundaries in Horde
- Fixed an issue where offline customization would reset if user changed characters
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements

We're continuing to work on lobbies for Core and Competitive in addition to more punitive measures for quitting and investigating tuning improvements. We can’t wait to deliver all this and more throughout 2017. Here’s to another year of Gears! We’ll see you online.

aBarreras

T

If your connection temporarily dropped or your pet tripped the power cable, all is not lost. Players can rejoin the match they left (provided it’s still in progress) for up to 5 minutes from the time they quit through a new ‘Rejoin Match’ option in the main Versus menu. Rejoining and completing the match will result in no penalties.

game fucking changer!

saturday we lost a escalation match just because the game of one our friends decided to reboot, and he coulndnt join, so we lost

pizzacat

Banned
I have been completely discouraged to play the past 2-3 weeks because the games that matchmaking finds me are rarely evenly matched. Only once in maybe ten searches does it find something decent. Sure, when I search I get a match almost instantly, but I get the impression that it is prioritizing speed over the actual skill of my opponents.

So that brings me to the next problem which everyone experiences, quitters. Even before the first round is over, there's already a quitter. Then you have to go ahead and finish a very boring and sleepy match.

Those fun moments of having close matches where the score is tight up until the very end... is few and far between.
The matchmaking thing has been a problem since UE. It reallt felt like there was new players picking the game up every day and it stopped being fun outplaying people trying to pick the game up

Is the same for this one

I feel like gears 3 ranked was rhe only thing that gave me a challenge.

Those rejoin changes are great. I'm disappointed that Gears doesn't have a bigger following here since the multiplayer is such a one of a kind experience.

I have over 10 thousand Gears dollars saved. Hopefully there are some new skins to get in those packs. The Swarm really need some visual diversity.

http://news.xbox.com/2017/01/10/legacy-favorites-return-gears-4/

It’s a brand-new year, and we’re ringing it in with a new series of content and updates for Gears of War 4! This month introduces a huge 280 new Cards to collect, two of the most popular maps in franchise history, and hotly requested community features that further improve the Gears of War 4 online experience.

280 new Cards to earn as you play!

Series 2 is here, bringing with it our biggest content drop to date with 280 new Cards to collect. From iconic characters of the past, to a wealth of new weapon skins, there is something for everyone in this latest drop.

Thirteen (13) new characters are up for grabs in Series 2, including the first delivery of Legacy Characters in Gears 4! Armored Anya and Armored Sam are back in their Gears 3 armor, and Zombie Minh rises from the dead (sporting Raam’s blade-sized hole in his chest!). We also have a surprise legacy character that will be returning as a Scrap-only Card very soon. Stay tuned – we think you will be excited.

Additionally, there are over 260 new Weapon Skins to collect across 13 full weapon skin sets. Get flashy with the animated Lightning Skin, or show your cool with the Chillin weapon set. These new weapon skins offer you new ways to display your style and stand out on the battlefield.

All Series 2 cards are available in standard Gear Packs and are craftable using Scrap. We’ve been continuing to listen to fan feedback around our Gear Pack system, and are introducing new improvements to Gear Packs today which you can read about on our forums. Catch your first look at all the new content on offer in the image below.

More Value for Season Pass Holders

Since release, we’ve been working on adding even more value for our Gears of War 4 Season Pass Holders. Beginning in December, we added a Double XP and a 20% Credit Earn boost to the Developer Playlist to give Season Pass holders more every month.

Today, we’re excited to announce the Series 2 Airdrop for Season Pass holders! Coming this January, this special Season Pass Airdrop is loaded with twenty Gear Packs containing sixty random cards from the Series 2 Characters and Weapon Skins, giving you a head start on building your new collection of content.

This new Airdrop will be awarded on January 13th to anyone who has purchased the Gears of War 4 Season Pass, and instantly to any new Season Pass holders from that date onward. In addition, Season Pass holders will also now be able to log in and claim a bonus Bounty Gear Pack every Friday!

If you haven’t secured your Season Pass, there’s never been a better time to jump aboard.

Favorites Reborn

This month, two fan-favorite maps come to life in Gears of War 4: Blood Drive and Clocktower!

Blending together the best of Gears 2’s original take and the Gears 3’s re-imagining, Blood Drive in Gears of War 4 brings back intense, center-map pillar fights with the improved flow of its refined sibling. Spawn at the Diner or the Morgue, then head to the city streets to battle it out over the Longshot and Overkill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly2THb1BXuw

Clocktower also returns to Gears of War 4, re-imagined as the stunning Bank of Bronn as it’s slowly claimed by the Swarm. The imposing classic Gears architecture brings back memories of the battles you know and love, from the intense close-quarters combat in the lower streets to the Lancer-heavy crossfire at the Bank entrance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLLb9qODB3o

It’s a brand-new year, and we’re ringing it in with a new series of content and updates for Gears of War 4! This month introduces a huge 280 new Cards to collect, two of the most popular maps in franchise history, and hotly requested community features that further improve the Gears of War 4 online experience.

280 new Cards to earn as you play!

Series 2 is here, bringing with it our biggest content drop to date with 280 new Cards to collect. From iconic characters of the past, to a wealth of new weapon skins, there is something for everyone in this latest drop.

Thirteen (13) new characters are up for grabs in Series 2, including the first delivery of Legacy Characters in Gears 4! Armored Anya and Armored Sam are back in their Gears 3 armor, and Zombie Minh rises from the dead (sporting Raam’s blade-sized hole in his chest!). We also have a surprise legacy character that will be returning as a Scrap-only Card very soon. Stay tuned – we think you will be excited.

Additionally, there are over 260 new Weapon Skins to collect across 13 full weapon skin sets. Get flashy with the animated Lightning Skin, or show your cool with the Chillin weapon set. These new weapon skins offer you new ways to display your style and stand out on the battlefield.

All Series 2 cards are available in standard Gear Packs and are craftable using Scrap. We’ve been continuing to listen to fan feedback around our Gear Pack system, and are introducing new improvements to Gear Packs today which you can read about on our forums. Catch your first look at all the new content on offer in the image below.
image: https://news.xbox.com/wp-content/uploads/Gears-4-Series-2-Collection-e1484031607588.jpg

Gears 4 Series 2 Collection

More Value for Season Pass Holders

Since release, we’ve been working on adding even more value for our Gears of War 4 Season Pass Holders. Beginning in December, we added a Double XP and a 20% Credit Earn boost to the Developer Playlist to give Season Pass holders more every month.

Today, we’re excited to announce the Series 2 Airdrop for Season Pass holders! Coming this January, this special Season Pass Airdrop is loaded with twenty Gear Packs containing sixty random cards from the Series 2 Characters and Weapon Skins, giving you a head start on building your new collection of content.

This new Airdrop will be awarded on January 13th to anyone who has purchased the Gears of War 4 Season Pass, and instantly to any new Season Pass holders from that date onward. In addition, Season Pass holders will also now be able to log in and claim a bonus Bounty Gear Pack every Friday!

If you haven’t secured your Season Pass, there’s never been a better time to jump aboard.

Favorites Reborn

This month, two fan-favorite maps come to life in Gears of War 4: Blood Drive and Clocktower!

Blending together the best of Gears 2’s original take and the Gears 3’s re-imagining, Blood Drive in Gears of War 4 brings back intense, center-map pillar fights with the improved flow of its refined sibling. Spawn at the Diner or the Morgue, then head to the city streets to battle it out over the Longshot and Overkill.

Clocktower also returns to Gears of War 4, re-imagined as the stunning Bank of Bronn as it’s slowly claimed by the Swarm. The imposing classic Gears architecture brings back memories of the battles you know and love, from the intense close-quarters combat in the lower streets to the Lancer-heavy crossfire at the Bank entrance.

Both maps are available to Season Pass holders in the Developer Playlist today (including Double XP and 20% more Credits), and will be available for free for everyone in Public Play starting January 17th.

Theorry

Over the holiday break we received a good mountain of feedback from the community regarding pricing on our premium packs (specifically UIR packs). I mentioned during the break that we were going to have a sit down with our live operations and business teams who manage these items. We wanted to relay feedback from the community over from during the break. This meeting occurred and we have some changes that will be coming to Gear Packs.

With Series 2 cards now hitting the game (Title Update 3), we will be adjusting and changing some of the Gear packs which contain Series 2 cards. We will also be adjusting and changing all future premium content packs as well. You can find the changes below.

Horde and Versus Boosters - 400 credits or $.99
- We've seen some positive comments since we adjusted these values late last year and we are going to stay consistent with those changes.

Operations Packs - 800 Credits or $1.99 (Formerly 1000 Credits or $1.99)
- We have adjusted credit values to better align with Horde and Versus Booster values for Operations Packs.

Elite Packs - 2000 Credits or $4.99 (Formerly 3500 Credits or $4.99)
- We have brought the credit values significantly down on the Elite Packs to better align with the above packs. Players will now have an easier time obtaining these with credits. We have also re-tuned Elite Packs to offer better rewards and results.

Community Packs - 400 Credits or $.99
- These packs will stay at the current pricing for future events. These packs are similar to our Gearsmas packs.

eSports Packs - No Credit Value and $9.99
- These packs are meant to help benefit the eSports programs and our prize pools. We will continue to keep these at their current price point to help drive additional prize pool and event funding.

Feature Packs - 2000 Credits or $4.99 (Formerly 4400 Credits or $9.99)
- This one is the big change. Future Feature Packs will now have a much lower credit and dollar value cost. We are wanting to make sure these are obtainable by those in their limited availability windows. For reference, Feature Packs are packs that contain new content and sold in special packs (ie: UIR Packs were a Feature Pack)

We are also looking at future ways of bundling Feature Packs and Community Packs. For example, if you buy four Feature Packs for $19.99, you will receive one pack for free. We are hoping to have this ready in time for the next big content release.

We also saw a good amount of feedback regarding Feature Packs feeling a bit of a dud with emblems. We are going to make some improvements to emblem drops in these packs so players won't see multiple emblems in the same pack.

These changes will take affect with all new packs starting with the Series 2 release. For the time being, we plan on keeping existing packs at their old prices but we may tweak these in the future.

Thanks for all the feedback over the past few months. We will be the first to admit that we aren't always perfect and we aren't always going to nail things but the feedback (though harsh!) is incredibly valuable in helping shape the best possible system for everyone.

There's some really solid changes in TU3 and the Gear Pack price reductions are very welcome.

Overall, a really good effort.

I get way more Legendary and Epic stuff from the 400 cr Versus Boosters. The elite packs are complete BS, dont invest in them.
Just save up the 3500cr and then buy 8 Versus Boosters and you will be happy at the results you get vs that 1 elite pack.

Hopefully, the new changes eliminate my issues and I can get a steady stream of unlocks.

TheChits

LOL at the new skins. Swarm get no love and more zombie garbage. I guess we aren't getting any gears 2 maps in this game :( (Not counting blood drive)

malfcn

Horde and Versus Boosters - 400 credits or $.99
- We've seen some positive comments since we adjusted these values late last year and we are going to stay consistent with those changes.

Operations Packs - 800 Credits or $1.99 (Formerly 1000 Credits or $1.99)
- We have adjusted credit values to better align with Horde and Versus Booster values for Operations Packs.

Elite Packs - 2000 Credits or $4.99 (Formerly 3500 Credits or $4.99)
- We have brought the credit values significantly down on the Elite Packs to better align with the above packs. Players will now have an easier time obtaining these with credits. We have also re-tuned Elite Packs to offer better rewards and results.

Community Packs - 400 Credits or $.99
- These packs will stay at the current pricing for future events. These packs are similar to our Gearsmas packs.

eSports Packs - No Credit Value and $9.99
- These packs are meant to help benefit the eSports programs and our prize pools. We will continue to keep these at their current price point to help drive additional prize pool and event funding.

Feature Packs - 2000 Credits or $4.99 (Formerly 4400 Credits or $9.99)
- This one is the big change. Future Feature Packs will now have a much lower credit and dollar value cost. We are wanting to make sure these are obtainable by those in their limited availability windows. For reference, Feature Packs are packs that contain new content and sold in special packs (ie: UIR Packs were a Feature Pack)

Some progress.

Chief Devin

The audio is still garbage and they didn't adress Core/social and Comp having different damage models.

I'm starting to think we'll never have any actual good skins. The best ones are the UIR and they're super limited.

I'm back. New update makes me excited to play again, especially with the dev playlist having crossplay. I can't play Gears for the life of me on Xbox One, so I'm sticking to PC, where I can actually compete.

Loomba

Their join in progress is a little broken atm. I got kicked so rebooted and tried to rejoin. Said the game had ended. Fair enough. So I got locked out for 15 minutes, I waited that out then tried joining a match but it just kept looping through the match list no search.

So I restarted again and then when I tried to search, it said I was already in a game, I joined that, when I load I get a different skin. I finish that game then when the "swarm won match" screen should come instead it boots me out and says the match I was trying to join has ended without giving me the win, xp or credits.

Top Bottom