• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot Madden PSP review

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
They give it a 7.9 - review

Seems like it has the loadtimes from the first PSP Tiger Woods game. But seems once you get past the loading, the game is solid.

newsguy

DAAAMN. I traded TW PSP cause the load times were that friggin bad. God that sucks, I'll still Gamefly it though.

datruth29

I don't know why, but reading that review makes it seem worse then the score. It's like "yeah, the game is bad here, and here, and really bad here, but its still a good game!"

Okay, I promised I wouldn't talk about Madden until 2006, but this review is weird. The review is a decent score (7.9 isn't bad by any means), but every paragraph starts with something the reviewer didn't like about the game, and either leads into elaboration on that stated dislike or mundane description of the game's features.

The few praises, which seem like they'd be the most important aspects of the game, aren't elaborated upon. The fifth paragraph says it feels great and that defense is satisfying, but doesn't explain why. The franchise mode is apparently great (as the reviewer states at at least two points), but all I can see is complaints about the interface.

Mmh. Does someone have a better review of the game?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
datruth29 said:
I don't know why, but reading that review makes it seem worse then the score. It's like "yeah, the game is bad here, and here, and really bad here, but its still a good game!"

The only thing that I think of is the reviewer figures everyone knows Madden, so he doesn't need to elaborate too much on the game, just point out things that might be different or substandard. Maybe that is it. I dunno.

Top Bottom