• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Hellblade 2 will get?

• 50-59%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 76-79%

Votes: 44 19.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 90 38.8%
  • 86-90%

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 10 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ll tell you one thing for nothing - if James Sawyer Ford James Sawyer Ford doesnt agree with an Xbox game review, he never stops whining like a little bitch about it, huh? 😂 I was kind of hoping you were still lost trawling the board for Starfield threads to shit up!

Bastard has ruined my favourite character in Lost.
Maybe quit tag teaming up on me whenever someone brings up an unrelated game, especially when the criticisms are nonsense. He can't handle that people like it and are giving it great scores, tears coming down his face while he claims that a worse game is better and that we should retroactively give it a higher score.

You're in a review thread in case you crying clowns forgot

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Remember guys. There's only Microsoft shills and those invested in the platform in that way.

It is not possible to have Sony Psychos that shit up every thread that is about an Xbox title. And they would never point, shout, gang up, tear down, attempt to embarrass or attack the credibility and character of a poster who says they enjoy something Xbox.

There must only be Xbox shills and every one else is "normal"

Last edited:

FireFly

Can't get enough about people complaining about people complaining about a game, in a thread about reviews of said game. The irony is fantastic 👌
Other the other hand what bothers me is people complaining about people complaining about people complaining.

But then you're probably going to take issue with people complaining about people complaining about people complaining about people complaining.

Im towards the end I think and I can see what they were going for and they really should have made more content and buff the combat system. Once you hit chapter 3 it becomes sorta like
Shadow of Colossus learning the names and taking down a big monster in each part of the country.
I would take probably 5-6 of these with big setpieces mixed in with tradional boss battles. I have to believe something went wrong during development and they toss away like half the game.

Tomeru

Remember guys. There's only Microsoft shills and those invested in the platform in that way.

It is not possible to have Sony Psychos that shit up every thread that is about an Xbox title. And they would never point, shout, gang up, tear down, attempt to embarrass or attack the credibility and character of a poster who says they enjoy something Xbox.

Well, someone needs to take care of you. And if its not yourselves, we'll pick up the gloves.

We're big tgat way. Actually always thinking about everyone.

T4keD0wN

But then you're probably going to take issue with people complaining about people complaining about people complaining about people complaining.
Dont stop there
team-canada-weve-come-a-long-way.gif

sendit

Beat this on the PC last night. Impressive visuals (with gameplay taking a back seat), but the experience is limited. I believe GTA6 will provide a true current gen experience marrying physics, graphics, AI in to a tightly nit package.

Last edited:

fallingdove

I see you turned the dial all the way back to persecution. Don’t forget to create an entire thread about your plight. 😛

and dismiss their our arguments.

by saying:

"If you love the first game, how can you genuinely hate the second game if it is the same game"

🤦🏻‍♂️💀🤣😂
I wish it was the same game. The first games combat was serviceable and needed improvements. They made it much worse in the second.

I would have given the first game a 9/10 at the time and a 7/10 now. This sequel so far is striving for a 6 imo.

Reading a lot about this “Xbox tax”

The main standout is there is a clear lack of questioning the legitimacy and sincerity over 10/10 reviews from certain websites and individuals.

But they won’t you see, because those so called reviews ease the sensitivity and placates the narcissism and horrible attitude they have towards anyone who doesn’t think the Xbox brand is infallible.

If you want to talk about some of these Sony zealots being arseholes, fine, I agree but some of you so called Xbox fans have done far more harm to the Xbox community than any PlayStation dweeb has ever done with your stinking attitudes especially towards those who genuinely wanted them to be a lot better than what they are. Wanting something to improve and be better is a positive, that at least some people actually give a shit for a start.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Done. Mediocre to ok experience overall. Visuals and sound are superb. Story is ok. Animations are the best I've seen. The gameplay just isn't enjoyable. The walking/jogging sections go on far too long.

Overall, I lean more towards "ok" than mediocre. If I were scoring it then I'd give it a 6/10.

Last edited:

Oppoi

Done. Mediocre to ok experience overall. Visuals and sound are superb. Story is ok. Animations are the best I've seen. The gameplay just isn't enjoyable. The walking/jogging sections go on far too long.

Overall, I lean more towards "ok" than mediocre. If I were scoring it then I'd give it a 6/10.
It would be a superb lauch title to show off the new console.

BlackTron

Gold Member
If you want to talk about some of these Sony zealots being arseholes, fine, I agree but some of you so called Xbox fans have done far more harm to the Xbox community than any PlayStation dweeb has ever done with your stinking attitudes especially towards those who genuinely wanted them to be a lot better than what they are. Wanting something to improve and be better is a positive, that at least some people actually give a shit for a start.

Indeed the people most qualified to be critical of Xbox are its fans, lapsed or otherwise. It's just gotten like politics and sports teams, if you don't support 100% you're not a "real fan", logic be damned lol

Hero of Spielberg

Gold Member
Indeed the people most qualified to be critical of Xbox are its fans, lapsed or otherwise. It's just gotten like politics and sports teams, if you don't support 100% you're not a "real fan", logic be damned lol
There’s being critical and there’s shitting up literally any Xbox related thread which happens constantly on here. Criticism and conversation isn’t spamming threads with the same memes and shitposts every time

I tried the first game for 1 hour and it is just so boring. The puzzles are... tedious.
The combat is very simple, and the gameplay involves walking, seeing a painting on a wall, hearing voices, wow fire, running, and fighting by pressing XXX RB YYY B X, then repeating. Does it get better?
I died once because I had no idea the cutscene had ended lol.

ChtF0X2.png

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Still don't see any discussion to be had. As someone who played both and liked both, considering they're both story heavy games I'd definitely give HB2 the upperhand, at least it feels like a complete game. The Order can fuck off with that bullshit cliffhanger ending that will never get closure.
But what do they say? Opinions are like assholes?
If Hellblade was a AA game, and Hellblade 2 is a step up graphically, is this sequel a AAA game?

Bernardougf

Gold Member

nvbarMV.gif

finally, you have seen the light. congrats!!!

Top Bottom