• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that deserve a next-gen upgrade

Red Dead Redemption 2 - One of the most immersive open world games, very mature story and convincible characters as well. It's so baffling that Rockstar nixed the next gen plan as it would easily prove to be a commercial success.

Batman Arkham Knight - Batman AK still looks and plays better than a majority of ninth- gen console games. The only logical explanation is that if Warner Bros did this, Batman AK would annihilate Gotham Knight in comparison, leaving GK as a completely joke.

Dishonored series - Never have I ever played a single player for more than 5 times and still left insatiable, till Dishonored came out. The art style, the level design, the super powers, the story tone, all and all clicked perfectly to me. On Xbox there is frame boost for the games, but the full series deserve a 4k 60 fps remaster.

What are games you want to see a next-gen upgrade?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I dont care about whole "next gen" upgrade, I just want Muramasa be available to play on modern system.
muramasa_rebirth.0.jpg

giphy.gif

oji-san

Banned
Yeah if i just have to choose one it will be Red Dead Redemption 2, even only a 60fps update will do as it look great as it is.
But i will also would want to play again games like Batman AK, Mafia 3 and Kingdom Come Deliverance..
TBH i'm surprised at how many of the games i want to replay got a 60fps patch.. just a few more please and i will be very happy.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
LectureMaster LectureMaster I really don't think you'll need to wait until next-gen to see upgrades for those games. You'll likely get upgrades this gen. But given the graphical differential between this gen and last gen is not that stark, it will just be another cash grab.

Fredrik

Super Metroid
Am I allowed to say that? I’d just love a side-scrolling 2D-camera with 3D models remake, ala Metroid Dread, using UE5 (if framerate can be stable 60, otherwise use another engine) with physics, particles, ray-tracing, motion matching animation or whatever that smooth transition tech is called.

And…

Final Fight. Same upgrade as above. Actually, just use the SF6 engine, same visuals as the regular stages, just move the camera sideways. Isn’t Cody there already in SF? Just add Guy and Haggar. Would be awesome. Can’t believe they haven’t already done this.

Viva Pinata. This is such a gem. And it’s a shame the IP is dead. Reboot it with a remake of the first one. The hobby needs more great games that are kids friendly, no low budget kids game nonsense, regular games.

Ikari Warriors. AAA visuals, twin stick controls, top down like The Ascent. Just do it.

Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind. While waiting on The Elder Scrolls 6 to comes out in like 2030, give some older TES games a proper upgrade.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
GTA 4
The Darkness
Bloodborne
Dark Souls (all of them but be sure to release 2 original... not only sotfs)
Uncharted trilogy 4k patch + 120fps
Last Guardian

Everything. It's just a simple job to up the resolution and release the damn game

Last edited:
Top Bottom