• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamers Club Unlocked Appreciation Thread (saving $$$ for the console/handheld gamer)

Gnilres

Lately, my 20% hasn't been applying in my cart when looking online. It used to. Happening to anyone else? Under my account it still says my GCU is good to 2017

Lately, my 20% hasn't been applying in my cart when looking online. It used to. Happening to anyone else? Under my account it still says my GCU is good to 2017

There's another thread with people saying they're having issues. I just checked and mine works fine.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Great, I think I will give this a shot.

Actually, one other question - do they do release day shipping at all?

All preorders are supposed to get release day delivery for free. I have received two games late, one was Best Buy's fault for shipping it late and they gave me $10 credit for it without any complaints or anything from me.

Curufinwe

Hey I love GCU as much as the next person, but thinking that BB is still going to be around in another three years is wishful thinking to say the least.

That's what people said in 2012, and they're still here, and actually doing better than they were back then.

border

How long does it take for a Pre-Order Reward Certificate to show up on your account?

I picked up an In-Store Pre-Order today and haven't seen anything pop-up yet.

Alucrid

Banned
decided to try this out, quick questions

1) this can be used for online orders right? release date delivery? how is it?
2) are these $10 pre order and $5 rewards physical things that are sent to you or just digitally on your rewards account?
3) how do trade ins work at best buy? go to the customer service counter?

decided to try this out, quick questions

1) this can be used for online orders right? release date delivery? how is it?
2) are these $10 pre order and $5 rewards physical things that are sent to you or just digitally on your rewards account?

1) Yep, you can use them for online orders. Release date delivery has been spot on for me. No problems with it.

2) Digitally added to your account.

Matriox

How long does it take for a Pre-Order Reward Certificate to show up on your account?

I picked up an In-Store Pre-Order today and haven't seen anything pop-up yet.

I was actually curious about this, so I read the small print at the bottom of the page, it says within 20 business days of the purchase.

netguy503

Mine runs out in February. Can I buy another and stack it?

You sure can. I'm signed up until May 2020 (should be 2022 but the people there said they see it when they look my account up on the computer but I went too far in the future for it to shown up on my side. If I bought two years and don't get anything for it I'm going to be pissed).

Ralemont

not me

Yes. Oddly enough at the one closest to my parents' house the new releases are at customer service too which is idiotic. No idea whether it's like that at all BBs now but it's just another reason to only ever order online, lol.

finalflame

I hope there are some deals on GCU over BF. I wanna jump in but wanna pay less than $30, as I know there have been some dope deals in the past.

Flandy

I hope there are some deals on GCU over BF. I wanna jump in but wanna pay less than $30, as I know there have been some dope deals in the past.
The only time it's ever been lower than $30 was like a year ago when people were able to get it wth $5 phones. I don't think you're gonna see any deals on it. Frankly it's a steal at $30 and you should get it as it pays for itself really quickly

Yes. Oddly enough at the one closest to my parents' house the new releases are at customer service too which is idiotic. No idea whether it's like that at all BBs now but it's just another reason to only ever order online, lol.

Yeah, my store is the same way. If we didn't pre-order a new release, the game is upfront in a wire cage by cashiers. LoL.

I have only ordered one item, Juggernog, that shipped to my house and got it the day Blops 3 released. I always pick up my pre-orders at the store. I get it faster since UPS delivers at the end of the day and USPS also. Plus, I know my copy will be there.

Wanted to add, Battlefront cost me only $20.00 or so. We had $35.00 dollars in credits. I still have a couple more certificates soon.

Ralemont

not me

It might be too late already, but if you wait for BF hoping for $5 off of GCU, that's a BF you won't be using GCU on BF game deals. :p

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Don't remember and don't see anything about it, you can't extend GCU online can you? I know you have to do the initial sign up in store, don't remember about extensions.

This is probably the best place to ask.

I saw that BB Rewards Members get the Black Friday deals early. Does anyone know exactly what time they start for members?

My extra 500 points hasn't been added to by SWBF Deluxe preorder yet. Is it showing up as pending for anyone else? I forget how long it can take to show up. I ask because my Fallout 4 showed up last week.

I was at bestbuy today and asked the clerk to sign me up for GCU. She said it wasnt worth it, since she got word they are going to eliminate the program soon and everyone who owns it, even if they have a year left they wont be able to use it. Is this confimed?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I was at bestbuy today and asked the clerk to sign me up for GCU. She said it wasnt worth it, since she got word they are going to eliminate the program soon and everyone who owns it, even if they have a year left they wont be able to use it. Is this confimed?

I could see them closing registration for new members or extensions, but just ending it altogether and not giving people the service they paid for would be bullshit and maybe illegal. So I kind of doubt it.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

No confirmation. Sucks if true though. I always did think it was too good to last.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I find that unlikely. Straight up canceling peoples' paid subscriptions? Not without some recompense.

zulux21

the website hounds me with GCU ads every single time I try to add a game to my cart even though I am a member. If they were thinking about cancelling it they would stop advertising it first :p

ZToygdJ.png
though it seems that they switched the ad when you go to add something to your cart to you can get $10 gift cards when preordering stuff instead but still.

but hell only like 2 people who worked at best buy knew about GCU when I signed up last year, it's doubtful employees know anything, I mean BB employees rarely know anything in general including what they are supposed to know.

"and this computer is awesome because it has... sorry can you step to the right I can't see the sign that is down there to read it for you."

RedAssedApe

Banned
My extra 500 points hasn't been added to by SWBF Deluxe preorder yet. Is it showing up as pending for anyone else? I forget how long it can take to show up. I ask because my Fallout 4 showed up last week.

iirc it takes two weeks to show up. probably b/c of that 15 day return policy

iirc it takes two weeks to show up. probably b/c of that 15 day return policy

Well my Fallout 4 one (Victory Can be Preordered bonus of 500 points) showed up a couple of days after I picked up the game as pending. Thats why I ask. I hope that getting the Deluxe Edition didn't screw anything up with me getting the $10.

Creaking

Hope mine shows up in time to put it towards Just Cause 3. Too bad that's not a part of the $10 back when pre-ordering promo.

SegaShack

All preorders are supposed to get release day delivery for free. I have received two games late, one was Best Buy's fault for shipping it late and they gave me $10 credit for it without any complaints or anything from me.
I have been a GCU member for a while and didn't know about this. I love GCU but hate the Bestbuy by where I live, so it sounds like I should just have things shipped from now on instead of doing pickup.

netguy503

Hope mine shows up in time to put it towards Just Cause 3. Too bad that's not a part of the $10 back when pre-ordering promo.

The only reason I think that the above poster may be correct about them cancelling GGU sometime soon is no new games have been added to the "get $10 back" program. The last one is Rainbow Six and that's been that way for months.

Creaking

The only reason I think that the above poster may be correct about them cancelling GGU sometime soon is no new games have been added to the "get $10 back" program. The last one is Rainbow Six and that's been that way for months.

That is perplexing, but that bonus is actually separate from GCU. You don't have to be a member to get it.

SlickVic

I had a great experience with their customer service. I preordered AC Syndicate at the last minute and I guess their site had already switched it over to a regular order (this was when their site wasn't allowing preorders earlier in the day for some reason). After a month of not getting the 500 bonus points, I called up their CS rep and explained the situation, and I had 500 points 10 minutes later.

I have about $40 in RZ stacked up now from all these deals and bonus points. I used to buy most console games off Amazon, but after GCU, I don't even remember the last time I used Amazon to buy a game.

I've been thinking for a few weeks that it's weird how they haven't added any new games to the $10 pre-order list (stuff like Just Cause 3, Mirror's Edge 2, and Deus Ex seemed like obvious choices, even before the latter 2 got delayed). There are a bunch of Q1 titles coming though, so we'll know by January I'm guessing.

So I preordered Star wars battlefront and got the 10 dollar preorder bonus thing with them? When does it usually come in? I want to apply it to Xenoblade before that game comes out.

Carnby

That is perplexing, but that bonus is actually separate from GCU. You don't have to be a member to get it.

Maybe they realized that offering GCU is "good enough" now that membership is only 30 dollars.

Seriously guys, don't entertain this "a cashier said" story. How the hell would they be the only person in the world to know this? If it was remotely true multiple sources would have popped up by now.

It's the end of the year, games will start to be added again in January. The same thing happened last year, there were only a few titles listed for the promotion and most were games that slipped past last holiday season.

Is the $10 program even part of the GCU or just an additional promotion? I believe it's just part of the My BestBuy stuff and not GCU.

I know Best Buy has been doing release day shipping, but I'm starting to think their shipping in general is getting better. I ordered something yesterday and it already arrived today. It used to take a couple days before. Nothing has ever been this fast from them other than release day shipping.

RedAssedApe

Banned
so it looks like elite members will get access to some of the BF deals early again sometime on monday (according to BB forums)

It's the end of the year, games will start to be added again in January. The same thing happened last year, there were only a few titles listed for the promotion and most were games that slipped past last holiday season.

Is the $10 program even part of the GCU or just an additional promotion? I believe it's just part of the My BestBuy stuff and not GCU.

i already see battleborn and the division up and both have release dates months into 2016.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Best Buy is doing a B2G1 on all pre-owned games starting tomorrow. It also stacks on top of the 10% GCU membership discount for all pre-owned games. Deal ends 11/24.

If you are looking for some games that aren't being discounted this Black Friday, this is the deal for you!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Best Buy is doing a B2G1 on all pre-owned games starting tomorrow. It also stacks on top of the 10% GCU membership discount for all pre-owned games. Deal ends 11/24.

If you are looking for some games that aren't being discounted this Black Friday, this is the deal for you!

Deal is live, just got Sunset Overdrive (XB1), Majora's Mask (3DS), and DBZ: Xenoverse (PS4) for $48 total!

Top Bottom