• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game pass subscribers are eating good

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickMasters

Man, id realy like to finish mooncrest before I start a new game. but yeah...lots to play right now and lots to look forward too. I dont even know what im gonna start playing, next. too many to choose from.

j.k.2021

Banned
I gave ghost wires tokyo a go for a few horus and wow it is trash ahaha

has to be one of the worst games I have played in 10 years
Maybe, It's not your type of game.It has a 9/10 user score on steam.Also, Good user scores on Metacritic(8.7 for pc port) too.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

Game pass subscribers are eating good​

03/29 Forza Horizon 5 expansion 2 Rally(not on game pass)

Staring Draymond Green GIF

Ozriel

M$FT
While all good games in their own right. None of them is a killer game that makes you go out and buy an Xbox. That is what MS is supposed to do. Release killer games on Gamepass like they promised since 2020 and failed to deliver on till now. Fable, Starfield, some others that were announced, if they end up like special very good games they might have a chance to turn the tide. Otherwise the future is a bit grim for Xbox I'd say. You see it in swindling sales numbers. People just don't go out and buy an Xbox with gamepass because they want to play Hi-Fi Rush (It's a very good game in it's own right), while people actually might go out and buy an Xbox for Fable (if it's as good as the original games).

Thread title: “Gamepass subscribers are eating good”

You: “These are great games, but none of them would make existing xbox owners run out and buy a second Xbox”

Man, take your obsession with trolling about ‘system sellers’ out of here. It’s a $15 per month subscription service, and the fellow is talking about existing subscribers getting great value for their money.

LOL @ ‘turning the tide’

Last edited:

You: “These are great games, but none of them would make existing xbox owners run out and buy a second Xbox”

Man, take your obsession with trolling about ‘system sellers’ out of here. It’s a $15 per month subscription service, and the fellow is talking about existing subscribers getting great value for their money.

LOL @ ‘turning the tide’
It’s certainly the value you get what you pay for. Nothing bad to say about that. I just mentioned MS promises at the introduction of gamepass that it’d have all the first party titles and the biggest and best 3rd party titles. That last part unfortunately is not true at all. Every large publisher releasing a AAA title is not doing so day 1 on gamepass for obvious reasons.

mrmustard

Banned
It’s certainly the value you get what you pay for. Nothing bad to say about that. I just mentioned MS promises at the introduction of gamepass that it’d have all the first party titles and the biggest and best 3rd party titles. That last part unfortunately is not true at all. Every large publisher releasing a AAA title is not doing so day 1 on gamepass for obvious reasons.
When did Microsoft promise "the biggest and best 3rd party titles day 1" for Game Pass?

Ozriel

M$FT

Source on your claim that MS promised ‘biggest and best third party games day one on Gamepass’? Because that seems made up.

Thread is focused on value of GP content additions in 2023 to date + near future.

When did Microsoft promise "the biggest and best 3rd party titles day 1" for Game Pass?

Waiting for him to provide a source for this claim too.

Source on your claim that MS promised ‘biggest and best third party games day one on Gamepass’? Because that seems made up.

Thread is focused on value of GP content additions in 2023 to date + near future.

Waiting for him to provide a source for this claim too.
In their initial presentations. The value is alright for 2023.

Nydius

Maybe, It's not your type of game.It has a 9/10 user score on steam.Also, Good user scores on Metacritic(8.7 for pc port) too.
Nah, the game is utterly mid. It’s got some of the worst open world design and pointlessly grindy fluff this side of Saints Row. The concept was interesting but the execution was very flawed.

ironmang

Nah, the game is utterly mid. It’s got some of the worst open world design and pointlessly grindy fluff this side of Saints Row. The concept was interesting but the execution was very flawed.
Well according to steam 5/6 people of the players enjoyed it. Looks like you're the one who didn't.

I know I'll be giving it a download at least.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
You should have include this in you OP
Full 2023 GP list
Date Game Platform
January 3 Stranded Deep Console, PC, Cloud
January 5 Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition Console, PC, Cloud
January 19 Persona 3 Portable Console, PC, Cloud
January 19 Persona 4 Golden Console, PC, Cloud
January 20 Monster Hunter Rise Console, PC, Cloud
January 25 Hi-Fi RUSH Series X, Series S, PC, Cloud
January 27 GoldenEye 007 Console, Cloud
January 30 RoboQuest (Game Preview) Console
January 31 Age Of Empires 2: Definitive Edition Console, Cloud
January 31 JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle R Console, PC, Cloud
January 31 Inkulinati Console, PC, Cloud
February 2 Darkest Dungeon Console, PC, Cloud
February 2 GRID Legends Cloud
February 7 Hot Wheels Unleashed - GOTY Edition Console, PC, Cloud
February 9 Madden NFL 23 (EA Play) Console, PC
February 9 SD Gundam Battle Alliance Console, PC, Cloud
February 14 Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Console, PC, Cloud
February 15 Cities: Skylines Remastered Series X, Series S, PC
February 16 Shadow Warrior 3: Definitive Edition Console, PC, Cloud
February 21 Atomic Heart Console, PC, Cloud
February 28 Merge & Blade Console, PC, Cloud
February 28 Soul Hackers 2 Console, PC, Cloud
March 2 F1 22 (EA Play) Console, PC
March 3 Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Console, PC, Cloud
March 14 Valheim Console, TBD
March 28 MLB The Show 23 Console, TBD
March 30 Infinite Guitars Console, PC, TBD
March TBD Way To The Woods Console, TBD
April 6 Everspace 2 - Full Release PC
April 18 Minecraft Legends Console, PC, Cloud
April 27 The Last Case of Benedict Fox Console, PC, Cloud
April TBD Homestead Arcana PC, Console?
May 2 Redfall Series X, Series S, PC
May 11 Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2 Console, PC, TBD
May 16 Amnesia: The Bunker Console, TBD
July 6 Sword and Fairy 7 Console, PC, TBD
August TBD Lies of P Console, TBD
Spring TBD Blazblue: Cross Tag Battle Console, PC, TBD
Spring TBD Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn Console, PC, TBD
Spring TBD Guilty Gear Strive Console, PC, TBD
Spring TBD Lightyear Frontier Console, TBD
Spring TBD Planet of Lana Console, TBD
Summer TBD Everspace 2 Xbox Series X|S
TBD Large Batch Of Activision Games Console, TBD
TBD Age Of Empires 4 Console, Cloud
TBD Age of Mythology: Retold PC
TBD Ara: History Untold PC
TBD Ark 2 Console, TBD
TBD Bounty Star Console, TBD
TBD Bushiden Console, TBD
TBD Cassette Beasts TBD
TBD Cocoon Console, TBD
TBD Dungeons 4 Console, PC, TBD
TBD Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Console, PC, TBD
TBD Ereban: Shadow Legacy Console, PC, TBD
TBD Flock Console, TBD
TBD Forza Motorsport Console, PC, Cloud
TBD Hollow Knight: Silksong Console, PC, TBD
TBD Humankind Console
TBD Infinite Guitars Console, PC, Cloud
TBD Mad Streets TBD
TBD Magical Delicacy Console, PC, TBD
TBD Maquette Console, TBD
TBD Marauders PC
TBD Party Animals Console, TBD
TBD Pigeon Simulator Console, TBD
TBD Railway Empire 2 Console, PC, TBD
TBD Ravenlok Console, PC, TBD
TBD Replaced Console, PC, TBD
TBD Routine Console, TBD
TBD She Dreams Elsewhere Console, TBD
TBD Solar Ash Console, TBD
TBD Spirittea Console, PC, Cloud
TBD Stalker 2 Console, PC, Cloud
TBD Starfield Console, PC, Cloud
TBD The Big Con Console, TBD
TBD The Texas Chain Saw Massacre Console, PC, TBD
TBD Thirsty Suitors Console, TBD
TBD Turnip Boy Robs A Bank Console, TBD
TBD Warhammer 40k: Darktide Console
Ah damn!

I've been storming through the Persona games on Game Pass recently: beat P5R and almost done with P4G, and soon will begin P3P. Bring on P6!

Kvally

Banned

LOL @ ‘turning the tide’
$10

Beechos

OP, you've missed off great additions like:

Monster Hunter Rise
Atomic Heart
Persona 3 & 4

& For some reason included dlc that isn't part of game pass, this thread is almost like your last thread that was a tim dog tweet, but with a different title & your own text :p

& Is Sifu coming to game pass? (First I've heard of this, if so)

Anyway upcoming confirmed game pass titles I'm personally looking forward too, in no order.

Wo Long (my Xbox hard copy arrived yesterday)
Tokyo Ghostwire
The last case of Benedict fox
Redfall
Fuga Melodies of steel 2
Sword and fairy 7
Lies of P
Guilty Gear Strive
Flintlock Siege of Dawn
Eiyuden Chronicles 100 heroes
Starfield
Forza Motorsport

I'm sure I've missed loads.

Anyone tried that Gundam game? Been thinking about trying it, assuming it's an action RPG? I would've purchased it at launch if it got a hard copy version.
That gundam game is trash. Worse than gungrave. Itd like a 1st gen 360 game.

Jaybe

Are this and the ‘Sony stops game pass’ are the threads we are subject to now that the ‘No console warring’ sticky is gone? It’s like the inmates are running the asylum today.

Chukhopops

This is false btw, it’s a super fun game (obviously you need to enjoy Gundam and big robot fights in general). It’s a love letter to the genre and has everything from the laser and explosions sound effects to the dying screaming monologues.

Shame it’s a bit easy and repeats the same maps too much.

Gungrave was waaaay worse.

Roberts

I'm just as happy to see and play so many cool games on Game Pass lately, but a friendly advice to OP: instead of just listing a bunch of games to start a thread, why don't you add some personal commentary on these particular games. Will avoid at least partial ridicule.

ironmang

Are this and the ‘Sony stops game pass’ are the threads we are subject to now that the ‘No console warring’ sticky is gone? It’s like the inmates are running the asylum today.
Console warriors just adapt to rules so it's impossible to stop them. It's just less blatant if it's against the rules. You'll still have people trashing a game or product simply because it's on a rival platform without admitting as much.

Never underestimate the power of auts.

Ahh so this thread did not get enough traction so you made one with console waring subject to get more reactions? I think reddit is better place for your Karma whoring.

anthony2690

Banned
Oh wow, that's disappointing to hear.
I'm going to play Wild Hearts and then dive into Wo Long or vice versa, I will see. :)

I haven't played gungrave either though, as I saw you had to press shoot for each shot & my carpal tunnel would not enjoy that XD

2023 has started great but the best games aren’t even here yet. Starfield, Forza, Legends, Chainsaw Massacre, Redfall, Stalker, Warhammer, AoE4, etc. Plus you know there will be a slew of great unknown/smaller titles like there are every year.

I got a PS5 recently and signed up to their premiumest service, do they put out dates for games coming to it like Xbox does or is it secret?

Tams

The antagonism against Xbox on this site sure is getting old. That said, Game Pass is once again THE killer app.
Well, Microsoft have:

1. Started up a service at a clearly unsustainably low price. One their own research shows may well damage the entire computer game industry.
2. Gone on a shopping spree of developers in what looks like an attempt to lock people into Xbox. No one would really care if they grew exclusive game development from within, but they are threatening to cut people off from previously cross platform games.
3. The build quality of the Elite Controller 2 is absolutely unacceptable. And it doesn't even have a gyro.

So yeah, people have a few bones to pick.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Well, Microsoft have:

1. Started up a service at a clearly unsustainably low price. One their own research shows may well damage the entire computer game industry.
2. Gone on a shopping spree of developers in what looks like an attempt to lock people into Xbox. No one would really care if they grew exclusive game development from within, but they are threatening to cut people off from previously cross platform games.
3. The build quality of the Elite Controller 2 is absolutely unacceptable. And it doesn't even have a gyro.

Happy Well Done GIF by The Swoon

ironmang

Well, Microsoft have:

Game Pass is profitable though. It's also consumer friendly to the people who want to be part of modern gaming but don't have $70 to spend for every new release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom