• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Season 1 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldvein

Banned
Blair said:
I hadn't seen a picture of Sandor Clegane, i imagined him alot differently.

that's the thing, in my imagination, he is way more awesome. he doesn't look like some fat chump, he looks like a beastly monstrosity. i love these characters so much, i want to keep them the way they are in my head. i might catch this show once it's finished and out on dvd. maybe.

Snake

Incredible OP.

I've been holding off on looking at the premiere date for fear that it would still be almost a year away, but I finally caved and found it's only weeks away! I am so hopeful that this is going to be HBO's best offering in a while.

deadbeef

Sheesh they had to age up the kids. You guys want this to be like the movie "Kids" or something? It's a concession I'm fine with if it means I get to see HBO do this story.

Great OP!

Great OP Cornballer, can't wait to see this and it's easily the most hyped I've been for a TV series in years, so I hope it can meet expectations.

infiniteloop said:
i thought Jon was supposed to be 14?

Yeah he is, the younger characters have been aged a few years for the TV series. Presumably because they were uncomfortable showing sex with characters as young as 14.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
deadbeef said:
Sheesh they had to age up the kids. You guys want this to be like the movie "Kids" or something? It's a concession I'm fine with if it means I get to see HBO do this story.

Great OP!

Yeah, I understand why they had to age the kids but it still seems a little weird. For me, so much of what the characters had to endure had a bigger impact BECAUSE they were young kids. It's not the same when they are 19 and 20.

LCfiner

This is my most anticipated TV show, by far. I can't believe we're so close. squeee!!

good job, Cornballer on the OP. very nicely done. I hope the show doesn't disappoint

Peru

commish said:
Yeah, I understand why they had to age the kids but it still seems a little weird. For me, so much of what the characters had to endure had a bigger impact BECAUSE they were young kids. It's not the same when they are 19 and 20.

Well Bran and Arya are still pretty young.

suzu

Well, they're still young though. The Stark/Lannister children, and Daenerys are all still under 16. The actors' and actresses' real ages are obviously older, but that is something that can't be helped.

Ned and the other characters are all aged up too!

scosher

LCfiner said:
This is my most anticipated TV show, by far. I can't believe we're so close. squeee!!

good job, Cornballer on the OP. very nicely done. I hope the show doesn't disappoint

Yeah, I remember following this when it was in its infancy, and then through its casting announcements, etc.

Now less than a month away.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Peru said:
Well Bran and Arya are still pretty young.

To me, those are the only ages that matter, and they look appropriately cast. Sansa's character can translate to an older age pretty easily.

Ducarmel

First time actually seeing screenshots of the show it looks gritty and tough very different then I imagined it to be. I'm actually surprised by the look I really imagined it to be very clean and majestic like the Tudors or something. Cant wait till it starts.

I find myself in quite an annoying circumstance.

1. Living in Britain, the second episode doesn't air until the Monday.
2. I'm going on holiday on Monday, and leaving at 6AM.
3. I'm going to a remote rural house in Italy and I won't be back for a full week, no computer or internet.
4. The Italians are very strict when it comes to internet cafe's IIRC and even require your passport, I think because of fears of peadophilia (not sure). I have a feeling they may check your history, and I don't particularly want to be found breaking the law. Or have to find a cafe and pay, to be honest.

The best answer seems to be to watch it on a live stream as it shows in America, but can I rest assured that there will be a good one available, in decent quality? I don't really know about these things.

Could I even hope for a HD stream? :p

I'll almost definitely buy it on DVD or Blu-Ray anyway, so these things equal out.

To be honest, almost none of the cast look how I imagined them...Dany doesnt look pretty or striking enough, nor the hound large and bruttish enough...Jaime doesnt really fit the part 'cept for having the right hair colour....rob looks especially unlike what the text seems to suggest (to me)

At least its going ahead...although its hilarious that its happening before the series is finished. I used to want a movie series of the Wheel of Time, but no more. Audio tapes work well for that series

suzu said:
Well, they're still young though. The Stark/Lannister children, and Daenerys are all still under 16. The actors' and actresses' real ages are obviously older, but that is something that can't be helped.

Ned and the other characters are all aged up too!

The main issue I have is Jon and Robb having facial hair. If the actors were clean shaven, it would go a long way towards making them look younger. Not to mention that
Robb having grown facial hair when Catelyn meets up with him again
is specifically mentioned in the book.

KuwabaraTheMan said:
The main issue I have is Jon and Robb having facial hair. If the actors were clean shaven, it would go a long way towards making them look younger. Not to mention that
Robb having grown facial hair when Catelyn meets up with him again
is specifically mentioned in the book.

Yea, I said in the other thread that this was a useless and annoying alteration that serves no real purpose.

Next thing you know (spoilers for book 3)
Jon won't be a virgin in SoS.

ultron87

Totally getting HBO just for this! (Mostly because there's some special for getting it really cheap for a few months).

And remember kids. . .

Bad Spoiler:

I can't believe Arya
fainted
!

Good Spoiler:

I can't believe
Arya fainted!

Best Spoiler:

(Book 2 spoiler)
I can't believe Arya fainted!

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I don't get HBO and I'm not willing to sign up for it. What are my options? Does HBO put single episodes on iTunes or anywhere else?

Or am I going to have to wait for the Blu Ray?

I want to support the show financially and not just pirate each episode, to ensure more seasons get made.

Ryck

KingGondo said:
Will be ordering HBO for this, can't wait. Gonna try to get my wife into it as well.
Same here... I am so damn hyped for this after watching those trailers.

Oh and fantastic OP CB, you did a great job.

Dresden

GDJustin said:
I don't get HBO and I'm not willing to sign up for it. What are my options? Does HBO put single episodes on iTunes or anywhere else?

Or am I going to have to wait for the Blu Ray?

I want to support the show financially and not just pirate each episode, to ensure more seasons get made.
If you want to support the show, sign up for it.

Or do what I did and wait till the end of March before calling up DirecTV, to tell them you want to cancel... and get three months of HBO for free by the time you hang up. :p

f0rk

I think having Robb and Jon aged a bit was good long term planning; I'd rather have they start off in the role as the directors imagined from the beginning than risk having them to grow up to someone who doesn't fit.

bionic77

This looks epic.

It will be hilarious to see what they do once they are done with season 5 and Martin is still a "few months" from finishing book 6 (I have fell for his crap again and am believing that book 5 is coming this year).

If they stay faithful to the books then this will make Spartacus look like a PG show. Looking ahead, I can't imagine how gruesome the
Red Wedding
is going to be. It was horrible to read about it, can't imagine watching it happen! And Spartacus set the bar pretty high, but we will see if they can set the record for the amount of times "cock" is said during a tv program.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Dresden said:
If you want to support the show, sign up for it.

Or do what I did and wait till the end of March before calling up DirecTV, to tell them you want to cancel... and get three months of HBO for free by the time you hang up. :p

This isn't helpful. I'm NOT willing to sign up for HBO.

Do I have any other options, besides waiting for the Blu Ray, or not?

Meier

I think I will sign up for HBO to watch it as it airs. I am plowing through the books.. hope to be done with Clash of Kings in the next few weeks and then maybe a bit of the way through the 3rd by the time this starts.

Absolutely pumped! Great OP as usual Cornballer.

I'm on Clash of Kings at the moment and am really looking forward to this! Although I have to get my parents to DVR this at home since we don't have HBO here at my college apartment.

Also, about spoilers: I think we need to adapt the idea of putting what book your spoiler is coming from before the actual spoiler like someone else mentioned previously. I'm pretty sure something big just got spoiled for me and I didn't even see it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom