• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Taking a stab at things that are 2021+. What am I forgetting/what assumptions are wrong?

There are the things we already know:
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
  • Breath of the Wild Sequel
  • Bravely Default 2
  • Detective Pikachu
  • Pokemon Snap
  • Pokemon Unite
  • Monster Hunter Stories 2
  • Persona 5 Scramble
  • Shin Megami Tensei III HD
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
  • No More Heros III
  • Good-Feel's Samurai Title
  • Ys IX
  • Bayonetta 3 (I assume this won't be around until 22)
  • Metroid Prime 4 (Guessing this is a 22/23 release)
  • Pikmin 4 (Not convinced this one still exists)
  • New Monolith Soft game (This could release as early as next year)
  • Dragon Quest XII (Assuming no Sony deal, 35th anniversary next year, 22 release at the earliest)
  • Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Infinity Strash (Assuming this is coming to Switch)
  • More Smash DLC
Things we have good reason to believe exist:
  • 2D Metroid (Mercury Steam)
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • Pokemon Remake (Gen 4 remake? 25th Anniversary Edition?)
  • Mario 3D (Team is likely a good way through dev on their next project)
  • Fire Emblem Echoes (Koei Tecmo did a good portion of Three Houses and IS didn't spend all of their time on Paper Mario)
  • Mario Sports (Camelot is due up for another title in 21)
  • Kirby (21 is 3 years from Star Allies and Japan requires Nintendo to release at least 1 Kirby each year by law)
  • Zelda Collection (Grezzo for WWHD, TPHD, OOT 3DS, MM 3DS?; Wii hybrid emulation for Skyward Sword?)
  • Animal Crossing DLC (Total speculation, but a paid expansion would be very profitable; crazy not to)
  • Danganronpa (Full trilogy has been ported to mobile so I don't believe a Switch port is out of the question)
  • N64 or GameBoy NSO Games
  • eShop Title
  • Mobile Game
  • Switch Pro

LOL Prime or Bayo releasing any time soon. SMT5 hype though.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
w0000000 it's thanksgiving. I'm not going to look at the list above about rumored games, because I've been drinking and it'll end poorly.
How about you share your drink of choice instead?
LOL Prime or Bayo releasing any time soon. SMT5 hype though.
Yeah not expecting those until late 22/23 at the earliest.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

Is constantly patting yourself on the back about how friendly and non-fanboy you are, unlike all those *other* meanies on GAF, just thinly disguised passive aggressive fanboyism itself?

Hmm, something for this thread to ponder
WTF are you here ? Go back to your basement and go cry somewhere else clown.
We don’t have to ponder shit you need to get a life if this even remotely bothers you.

Sorry just had to take out some trash but Happy Thanksgiving everyone

0G4n0tt.gif

Woopah

Taking a stab at things that are 2021+. What am I forgetting/what assumptions are wrong?

There are the things we already know:
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
  • Breath of the Wild Sequel
  • Bravely Default 2
  • Detective Pikachu
  • Pokemon Snap
  • Pokemon Unite
  • Monster Hunter Stories 2
  • Persona 5 Scramble
  • Shin Megami Tensei III HD
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
  • No More Heros III
  • Good-Feel's Samurai Title
  • Ys IX
  • Bayonetta 3 (I assume this won't be around until 22)
  • Metroid Prime 4 (Guessing this is a 22/23 release)
  • Pikmin 4 (Not convinced this one still exists)
  • New Monolith Soft game (This could release as early as next year)
  • Dragon Quest XII (Assuming no Sony deal, 35th anniversary next year, 22 release at the earliest)
  • Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Infinity Strash (Assuming this is coming to Switch)
  • More Smash DLC
Things we have good reason to believe exist:
  • 2D Metroid (Mercury Steam)
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • Pokemon Remake (Gen 4 remake? 25th Anniversary Edition?)
  • Mario 3D (Team is likely a good way through dev on their next project)
  • Fire Emblem Echoes (Koei Tecmo did a good portion of Three Houses and IS didn't spend all of their time on Paper Mario)
  • Mario Sports (Camelot is due up for another title in 21)
  • Kirby (21 is 3 years from Star Allies and Japan requires Nintendo to release at least 1 Kirby each year by law)
  • Zelda Collection (Grezzo for WWHD, TPHD, OOT 3DS, MM 3DS?; Wii hybrid emulation for Skyward Sword?)
  • Animal Crossing DLC (Total speculation, but a paid expansion would be very profitable; crazy not to)
  • Danganronpa (Full trilogy has been ported to mobile so I don't believe a Switch port is out of the question)
  • N64 or GameBoy NSO Games
  • eShop Title
  • Mobile Game
  • Switch Pro

For first party I'd say the only thing missing are a new game from EPD 9 (Arms and Mario Kart team) and the Famicon Detective remakes.

On a third party front I wouldn't expect anything for Danganropa as the devs don't like Nintendo. However in their place you could add that we can expect:

Neo: The World Ends With You
Hollowknight Silksong
Ghost n Goblins
Resident Evil Revelations 3
Crash 4
Mass Effect collection
Prince of Persia remake.

Last edited:

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
For first party I'd say the only thing missing are a new game from EPD 9 (Arms and Mario Kart team) and the Famicon Detective remakes.

On a third party front I wouldn't expect anything for Danganropa as the devs don't like Nintendo. However in their place you could add that we can expect:

Neo: The World Ends With You
Hollowknight Silksong
Ghost n Goblins
Resident Evil Revelations 3
Crash 4
Mass Effect collection
Prince of Persia remake.
Good call on EPD 9 and Famicom Detective. I’m really hoping the latter gets translated.
The Danganronpa devs definitely don't have anything against Nintendo. and keep in mind that they're launching Shiren the Wanderer on the Switch in a scant few days.
True. With the full trilogy out on mobile I can definitely see a Switch port of those versions.
What she said. Just stop replying to people that are gonna be shit for the sake of being shit.
But I reply to you...

Woopah

The Danganronpa devs definitely don't have anything against Nintendo. and keep in mind that they're launching Shiren the Wanderer on the Switch in a scant few days.
My understanding was that at Spike Chunsoft the 'Chunsoft' side was a lot more Nintendo-friendly than the 'Spike' side. That's why some of their games are coming to Switch while others are not.

Edit: The Danganropa series producer is Yoshinori Terasawa and he's only had one game appear on a Nintendo platform. Everything he's been a producer on has come to PlayStation.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
What she said. Just stop replying to people that are gonna be shit for the sake of being shit.

There’s something to this. It’s good to let people know where things stand, but when it comes to trolls, either ignoring or having a laugh mocking/trolling them back, is the most effective tactic.

If you give trolls an emotional reaction though, or reasonable criticism to something that was created to be unreasonable, it’s what they crave. They have achieved disruption, their goal of upsetting someone, etc.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
How is Shiren the Wanderer? I thought about getting it for the Vita but forgot about it after some time.

Haven't played it myself, but I've heard good things. Same thing happened to me with the Vita version. That sprite art is beautiful though. I think I'll finally take the plunge this time.

My understanding was that at Spike Chunsoft the 'Chunsoft' side was a lot more Nintendo-friendly than the 'Spike' side. That's why some of their games are coming to Switch while others are not.

Edit: The Danganropa series producer is Yoshinori Terasawa and he's only had one game appear on a Nintendo platform. Everything he's been a producer on has come to PlayStation.

You might be right - I'm not familiar with that dynamic. At least on the corporate side, though, that's not been the vibe I've gotten.

Woopah

Haven't played it myself, but I've heard good things. Same thing happened to me with the Vita version. That sprite art is beautiful though. I think I'll finally take the plunge this time.

You might be right - I'm not familiar with that dynamic. At least on the corporate side, though, that's not been the vibe I've gotten.
Yeah Chunsoft is pretty Nintendo friendly, they worked on Pokémon Mystery Dungeon just this year.

It's kind of like how some parts of Bandai Namco avoid putting their games on Switch, while other parts develop Switch exclusives which are published by Nintendo.

bender

What time is it?
How is Shiren the Wanderer? I thought about getting it for the Vita but forgot about it after some time.

It's one of the best games ever created.

Are you guys not really into Hyrule Warriors? Surprised by the lack of activity in the OT, especially given how fun it can be (I’m still early, so I don’t want to make too many judgements).

I'm having a really good time with it and that's saying something because I've never really liked Muso games. The BOTW influences make it feel less brain dead.

Last edited:
This AC event is awful. Swimming around my island hoping to find a crab for an hour is just shitty.

Edit: apparently a villager can give it to you, but mine keep giving me pumpkins I don't need.

I loved it, cooked the shit out of those recipes and just sticked around with my villagers happily strutting around whistling the Metroid theme. Cash money, this game is the GOTY.

Are you guys not really into Hyrule Warriors? Surprised by the lack of activity in the OT, especially given how fun it can be (I’m still early, so I don’t want to make too many judgements).
I’m enjoying it quite a bit. I don’t like some of the move sets, but overall I’m having a fun time. I’m still probably early in the game, but I have no real way to judge.

I do keep expecting more Breath of the Wild in the game, than is actually there. I keep wanting to wander off, or climb something, but it’s obviously not that kind of game.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I’m enjoying it quite a bit. I don’t like some of the move sets, but overall I’m having a fun time. I’m still probably early in the game, but I have no real way to judge.

I do keep expecting more Breath of the Wild in the game, than is actually there. I keep wanting to wander off, or climb something, but it’s obviously not that kind of game.

I am a little too, lol. I actually like what exploration is there, but the game while totally fun on its own merits, is giving me a craving for BotW like nothing else.

I have it but have yet to play it yet too but Im trying to finish another BOTW play through.
It’s surprisingly better with a second go

Same. I made the weird decision of playing this in a break from that, so we’ll see how it goes. Maybe having all the context and worldbuilding will enhance this second playthrough.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I’ve barely played it. I’m not a huge fan of Warriors titles. So I’m mostly here from some more Zelda-same reason I bought the first one and the FE title. Destiny expansion has sucked up all of my time. My friends often talk me into Warzone and Apex as well.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Hyrule Warriors doesn't really look like my bag tbh and I'm too busy with Mario + Rabbids and completing more ST games for the ST Format Challenge thread. I can't go adding to the backlog (though I did in a moment of weakness get the C&C remaster in the Steam sale... so that's 3 fucking platforms I'm on at the moment).

Great Gaf poster, but I’ve had enough of his crap in Zelda games.

ZlxVGb4.jpg

Lionel Richie Lionel Richie , you got mentioned once or twice on this page, haha.

Oh shit I missed it lol. Loved it :messenger_heart: and my covid hair is about that long, shamefully I'm not a red head though.

Evangelion Unit-01 Evangelion Unit-01 is lucky that Tokyo Mirage Sessions has no dating elements. That game is looking mighty good with that discount!

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Oh shit I missed it lol. Loved it :messenger_heart: and my covid hair is about that long, shamefully I'm not a red head though.

Evangelion Unit-01 Evangelion Unit-01 is lucky that Tokyo Mirage Sessions has no dating elements. That game is looking mighty good with that discount!
I enjoyed it. It’s supposed to be SMT but it felt like Diet Persona. Combat was fun.

The rerelease is the censored Western version. Sorry Lionel Richie Lionel Richie , your anime girls are covered up and you’ll miss out on the Hot Springs DLC. Japan didn’t even get the original release.
I liked TMS more than Persona 5.
You take that back right now.

Eevee86

I enjoyed it. It’s supposed to be SMT but it felt like Diet Persona. Combat was fun.

The rerelease is the censored Western version. Sorry Lionel Richie Lionel Richie , your anime girls are covered up and you’ll miss out on the Hot Springs DLC. Japan didn’t even get the original release.

You take that back right now.
Never. Combat and rpg systems were more fun and it ended when it needed to instead of wearing out its welcome for an extra thirty hours.

Guys, Hades might be the best game I've played in my whole life like holy motherfucking shit. The only thing that worries me is that it might get repetitive in time, though I just killed the second boss and died a fuckload of times and even the first 2 areas didn't ever feel samey.

Supergiant, yer gods!

Guys, Hades might be the best game I've played in my whole life like holy motherfucking shit. The only thing that worries me is that it might get repetitive in time, though I just killed the second boss and died a fuckload of times and even the first 2 areas didn't ever feel samey.

Supergiant, yer gods!
Yeah, I had a ton of fun with it. The weapon unlocks, the characters, the levels; it was all super great. I don’t want to say much, as to ruin anything for you, but the game is great even after you “beat” it. I’ll be interested how you feel and what your thoughts are after you’ve put some hours into it.

Yeah, I had a ton of fun with it. The weapon unlocks, the characters, the levels; it was all super great. I don’t want to say much, as to ruin anything for you, but the game is great even after you “beat” it. I’ll be interested how you feel and what your thoughts are after you’ve put some hours into it.

I'll share my impressions for sure, it's one of those games I really feel like I need to talk about because everything is so exhilarating. The dialog is so incredible, the combat is snappy despite the perspective and the OST is absolutely fantastic. Top stuff for sure.

I'll share my impressions for sure, it's one of those games I really feel like I need to talk about because everything is so exhilarating. The dialog is so incredible, the combat is snappy despite the perspective and the OST is absolutely fantastic. Top stuff for sure.
One of the best parts, in my opinion, is the variance from run to run. Even the boss dialog changes every run. Ugh, now I have to go play it again.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
One of the best parts, in my opinion, is the variance from run to run. Even the boss dialog changes every run. Ugh, now I have to go play it again.

For sure. I've gotten the true ending, but still pick it up from time to time. With that said, there are definitely some runs that just feel like you got robbed and aren't much fun. It should be easier to give up on a run and start over.

Top Bottom