• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Mario 3D All Stars Update
Ver. 1.1.0 (Released November 16, 2020)
General
  • Players can now invert the camera controls within all three individual titles.
  • Super Mario Sunshine now supports the Nintendo GameCube controller (sold separately). Players can now play this title using the same controls as found in the original GameCube release.
    • The Nintendo GameCube controller for Super Mario Sunshine is supported only in TV mode.
    • You’ll need the GameCube Controller Adapter (sold separately) to use this controller with your Nintendo Switch system. Information on connecting this adapter and controller can be found here.
    • The Nintendo Switch Lite system does not support this controller option.
    • All button displays within Super Mario Sunshine will not reflect the Nintendo GameCube controller.
  • Other general fixes have been applied to improve overall gameplay across all three titles.

GameCube controller support is great!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
They want you to buy MM and OOT 3DS when they are excluded from the 35th next year.

Actually I assume its mostly just an update to sunset the system and they patched CFW while they were there.
Patch notes say STABILITY so I assumed it had to do something with Luma.

Dio comes back in one of the new parts?
Just read SBR.

Jooxed Jooxed

The time has finally arrived!

H7AJVBi.png

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Yeah, I agree. I don't understand the restrictions for Splatoon especially. I guess with Pokemon, it's about duplicating your Pokemon after a trade or something. Personally, there's no good reason. All games should have cloud saves.
Splatoon stores player stats, weapons, etc on the actual console vs server side. They don't want people manipulating the data.

HuskerfanChuck

Neo Member
We'll see a couple things likely, as there have a couple Switch exclusive announcements/trailers for each of the last 3 TGAs. Be interesting to see what they bring. Course, what'll happen that'll be glorious will be Jonesy announced for Smash along with whatever new future the head of Fortnite was mentioning, and the glorious commotion that will cause on "da intrawebz". :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_ogre::messenger_crystal_ball::messenger_darts::messenger_winking_tongue:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I wonder what happened to the "Bonus Stage" part of Platinum 4? The Bonus Stage was revealed after an April Fools prank, but it has not been seen since. I wonder if it will be shown off at the Game Awards?

If it's what I think it is, it's not happening anymore.

I don't know anything about it, but I assume so. Platinum isn't in dire straits or anything.

They do seem to have had a change in attitude after the China-cash infusion they received some time back and emphasizing self publishing and such. It wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to get Bayonetta out of the exclusivity deal somehow. But I'm assuming everything is still on track right now.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I could see Nintendo dropping a BOTW trailer at TGAs but I'm not expecting anything big. I don't think they showed anything other than Bravely Default II last year.

We'll see a couple things likely, as there have a couple Switch exclusive announcements/trailers for each of the last 3 TGAs. Be interesting to see what they bring. Course, what'll happen that'll be glorious will be Jonesy announced for Smash along with whatever new future the head of Fortnite was mentioning, and the glorious commotion that will cause on "da intrawebz". :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_ogre::messenger_crystal_ball::messenger_darts::messenger_winking_tongue:
Wow, a post from the illusive Huskerfan! Glad you're posting. You need an avatar! Wait...

Course, what'll happen that'll be glorious will be Jonesy announced for Smash
I take it back please don't post anymore.

I'll take your word for that. I've only played the GBA Golden Sun, and it didn't make a huge impression on me. In your mind how would Felix play? Would he be similar to a Fire Emblem character?

Yes, I think he could play similarly to Robyn or Corrin as a crafty character instead of brute forcing it like Roy or Chrom. Or you can do it like Shulk and give him a Djinn wheel with different attributes. Only, you know, not terrible like Shulk.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I'll take your word for that. I've only played the GBA Golden Sun, and it didn't make a huge impression on me. In your mind how would Felix play? Would he be similar to a Fire Emblem character?
Thinking about TGAs and Smash just reminds me that Persona 5 Royal isn't on Switch. One of the best games of the gen. Fantastic sense of style and presentation.

I'd be up for another Tokyo Mirage Sessions style title. Not necessarily a sequel but another SMT X Fire Emblem game or even Persona X Fire Emblem.

In general I'd love to have more Atlus games w/ flexibility to go portable or console.

ExpandKong

Banned
Alright here’s my TGA predictions:
  • Breath of the Wild 2 trailer, title reveal
  • Metroid Prime 4 trailer, Metroid Prime Trilogy available right meow
  • Zelda 35th Anniversary collections for next year
  • ONE MORE THING
  • Reggie’s back and he’s pissed
  • Mother 3 Collection consisting of every half-finished cancelled version of Mother 3 coming exclusively to 3DS
  • Mother 3 not included
  • Metroid Prime 4 cancelled
  • Bayonetta 3 cancelled
  • Crowd cries and pleas with Reggie
  • Switch Pro annou—cancelled
  • Breath of the Wild 2 cancelled
  • Goku in Smash

Alright here’s my TGA predictions:
  • Breath of the Wild 2 trailer, title reveal
  • Metroid Prime 4 trailer, Metroid Prime Trilogy available right meow
  • Zelda 35th Anniversary collections for next year
  • ONE MORE THING
  • Reggie’s back and he’s pissed
  • Mother 3 Collection consisting of every half-finished cancelled version of Mother 3 coming exclusively to 3DS
  • Mother 3 not included
  • Metroid Prime 4 cancelled
  • Bayonetta 3 cancelled
  • Crowd cries and pleas with Reggie
  • Switch Pro annou—cancelled
  • Breath of the Wild 2 cancelled
  • Goku in Smash

Haha, would love this. I’m okay with no Goku though. I’m fine with him staying in FighterZ.

Top Bottom